What's new

No Luck Guys On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

timekiller

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
3,853
Reaction score
966
Golden Thread
1
Location
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Yea went back today and tried but no luck on the mold. :'( But did make some finds. Wish I hadn't tried on the mold so hard wasted alot of time with that deal. But moved around again at the end of the day and came up with one of my best coppers ever.All my finds need better cleaning still but this one has good detail left. :thumbsup: Also found buckle,buttons,cuff links,and a thimble.Guess they all can't be such great days.I'll continue to try in the future mabe It will show but this place is so big for one person to cover it will take some time.Thing are scatterd all over this site it seems. Very large place but know of it looks to be 4 different homes on this site. And old grave sites three of them on three points by the water all with unmarked stones like ballast rocks for head stones. I'll add some pics. I took today of the vast area it's as far as you can see cleared in the pics.Also some pics. of the coins my dad had found I talked of in last post.And one that will show what this hard a$$ dirt will do to your hands man this stuff is like digging through a brick.
 

Attachments

  • 000_0001.webp
    000_0001.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,018
  • 000_0002.webp
    000_0002.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 995
  • 000_0003.webp
    000_0003.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,000
  • 000_0004.webp
    000_0004.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 997
  • 000_0005.webp
    000_0005.webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 991
  • 000_0006.webp
    000_0006.webp
    56.2 KB · Views: 983
  • 000_0007.webp
    000_0007.webp
    61.8 KB · Views: 993
  • 000_0008.webp
    000_0008.webp
    18 KB · Views: 984
Upvote 0
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Sounding good for you Ip, :laughing9: Cause you must have are sunshine too now as it is pouring outside right this min. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :D
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

timekiller said:
Sounding good for you Ip, :laughing9: Cause you must have are sunshine too now as it is pouring outside right this min. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :D

We hunt rain or shine anyway! :thumbsup:
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Sounding good for you Ip, :laughing9: Cause you must have are sunshine too now as it is pouring outside right this min. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :D

We hunt rain or shine anyway! :thumbsup:
Gotcha,I have but the sun seems better at the end of the day! :thumbsup: I like the wet ground though! :wink:
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Sounding good for you Ip, :laughing9: Cause you must have are sunshine too now as it is pouring outside right this min. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :D

We hunt rain or shine anyway! :thumbsup:
Gotcha,I have but the sun seems better at the end of the day! :thumbsup: I like the wet ground though! :wink:


No, lots of old finds is what's good at the end of the day. The sun just makes the pics come out better! :thumbsup:
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Sounding good for you Ip, :laughing9: Cause you must have are sunshine too now as it is pouring outside right this min. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :D

We hunt rain or shine anyway! :thumbsup:
Gotcha,I have but the sun seems better at the end of the day! :thumbsup: I like the wet ground though! :wink:


No, lots of old finds is what's good at the end of the day. The sun just makes the pics come out better! :thumbsup:
Bingo!! :thumbsup:
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
Send me some of that :icon_sunny: tomorrow! :thumbsup: (and a few of those coppers)
I hear ya! :laughing9: You know as well as anyone we wish it was that easy! :laughing7: :notworthy: :notworthy:


I'm hoping it will be easy. Two of us will be back where that reale on the banner was found. There are several more fields to check, so like I say we hope it will be easy. Even if they don't work out I'll be happy to look around a bit more on the site we were. I tell ya 3 explorers can smoke a good site for targets pretty fast. Usually a site that big I'm not trying to get the tough targets in the iron on the first day, but there I was.
Sure thing,I'm sure your explore in your hands will come out with something good!I've said it before your good! :notworthy: And I'll be waiting for your post Buddy! :wink: :thumbsup:


I'm really looking forward to it... and Kirk and I have a challenge who will do better, them three this weekend, or us two on Monday. So tonight I'll see what we have to beat.... I hope it's a lot!

Don't worry, IP, you just have to dig a coin older than an 1860-1864 fatboy Indian Head to beat us. We hit a new site, but it was hunted hard many years ago, according to the landowner. Site 2 for the day (last week's copper spot) = two buttons and two spoon pieces. Site 3 for the day (KG II copper site from September) = three buttons and about five or six pewter spoon pieces. Overall, it was a terrible hunt for us. :icon_scratch: We'll be trying our luck at a 1778 vanished dwelling this coming Friday, depending on the weather once again. If my research is correct, we could potentially dig a pile of coppers. :headbang:


Trust me, I know how it goes, been many a day we tried field after field failing all the way. That being said, I won't accept failure tomorrow!

Iron bros - 1 PA bros - 0 :laughing7:

The Iron Bros just have to dig a fully intact flat button and you'll have a better day than we did. :laughing9: I'll be waiting for both you and Ironhorse's posts tomorrow. :icon_thumright:

Pete, I'll be also waiting patiently for your next wave of finds to come off of this NC dwelling(s)! :notworthy: Are you getting out again this week to it?
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
Send me some of that :icon_sunny: tomorrow! :thumbsup: (and a few of those coppers)
I hear ya! :laughing9: You know as well as anyone we wish it was that easy! :laughing7: :notworthy: :notworthy:


I'm hoping it will be easy. Two of us will be back where that reale on the banner was found. There are several more fields to check, so like I say we hope it will be easy. Even if they don't work out I'll be happy to look around a bit more on the site we were. I tell ya 3 explorers can smoke a good site for targets pretty fast. Usually a site that big I'm not trying to get the tough targets in the iron on the first day, but there I was.
Sure thing,I'm sure your explore in your hands will come out with something good!I've said it before your good! :notworthy: And I'll be waiting for your post Buddy! :wink: :thumbsup:


I'm really looking forward to it... and Kirk and I have a challenge who will do better, them three this weekend, or us two on Monday. So tonight I'll see what we have to beat.... I hope it's a lot!

Don't worry, IP, you just have to dig a coin older than an 1860-1864 fatboy Indian Head to beat us. We hit a new site, but it was hunted hard many years ago, according to the landowner. Site 2 for the day (last week's copper spot) = two buttons and two spoon pieces. Site 3 for the day (KG II copper site from September) = three buttons and about five or six pewter spoon pieces. Overall, it was a terrible hunt for us. :icon_scratch: We'll be trying our luck at a 1778 vanished dwelling this coming Friday, depending on the weather once again. If my research is correct, we could potentially dig a pile of coppers. :headbang:


Trust me, I know how it goes, been many a day we tried field after field failing all the way. That being said, I won't accept failure tomorrow!

Iron bros - 1 PA bros - 0 :laughing7:

The Iron Bros just have to dig a fully intact flat button and you'll have a better day than we did. :laughing9: I'll be waiting for both you and Ironhorse's posts tomorrow. :icon_thumright:

Pete, I'll be also waiting patiently for your next wave of finds to come off of this NC dwelling(s)! :notworthy: Are you getting out again this week to it?


I'll check with the government here to see if they'll grant you boys refugee status. :D
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
Send me some of that :icon_sunny: tomorrow! :thumbsup: (and a few of those coppers)
I hear ya! :laughing9: You know as well as anyone we wish it was that easy! :laughing7: :notworthy: :notworthy:


I'm hoping it will be easy. Two of us will be back where that reale on the banner was found. There are several more fields to check, so like I say we hope it will be easy. Even if they don't work out I'll be happy to look around a bit more on the site we were. I tell ya 3 explorers can smoke a good site for targets pretty fast. Usually a site that big I'm not trying to get the tough targets in the iron on the first day, but there I was.
Sure thing,I'm sure your explore in your hands will come out with something good!I've said it before your good! :notworthy: And I'll be waiting for your post Buddy! :wink: :thumbsup:


I'm really looking forward to it... and Kirk and I have a challenge who will do better, them three this weekend, or us two on Monday. So tonight I'll see what we have to beat.... I hope it's a lot!

Don't worry, IP, you just have to dig a coin older than an 1860-1864 fatboy Indian Head to beat us. We hit a new site, but it was hunted hard many years ago, according to the landowner. Site 2 for the day (last week's copper spot) = two buttons and two spoon pieces. Site 3 for the day (KG II copper site from September) = three buttons and about five or six pewter spoon pieces. Overall, it was a terrible hunt for us. :icon_scratch: We'll be trying our luck at a 1778 vanished dwelling this coming Friday, depending on the weather once again. If my research is correct, we could potentially dig a pile of coppers. :headbang:


Trust me, I know how it goes, been many a day we tried field after field failing all the way. That being said, I won't accept failure tomorrow!

Iron bros - 1 PA bros - 0 :laughing7:

The Iron Bros just have to dig a fully intact flat button and you'll have a better day than we did. :laughing9: I'll be waiting for both you and Ironhorse's posts tomorrow. :icon_thumright:

Pete, I'll be also waiting patiently for your next wave of finds to come off of this NC dwelling(s)! :notworthy: Are you getting out again this week to it?


I'll check with the government here to see if they'll grant you boys refugee status. :D

OK. Could you get back with me as soon as possible? :laughing9: We are hoping to get on the next flight. :laughing9:
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
Send me some of that :icon_sunny: tomorrow! :thumbsup: (and a few of those coppers)
I hear ya! :laughing9: You know as well as anyone we wish it was that easy! :laughing7: :notworthy: :notworthy:


I'm hoping it will be easy. Two of us will be back where that reale on the banner was found. There are several more fields to check, so like I say we hope it will be easy. Even if they don't work out I'll be happy to look around a bit more on the site we were. I tell ya 3 explorers can smoke a good site for targets pretty fast. Usually a site that big I'm not trying to get the tough targets in the iron on the first day, but there I was.
Sure thing,I'm sure your explore in your hands will come out with something good!I've said it before your good! :notworthy: And I'll be waiting for your post Buddy! :wink: :thumbsup:


I'm really looking forward to it... and Kirk and I have a challenge who will do better, them three this weekend, or us two on Monday. So tonight I'll see what we have to beat.... I hope it's a lot!

Don't worry, IP, you just have to dig a coin older than an 1860-1864 fatboy Indian Head to beat us. We hit a new site, but it was hunted hard many years ago, according to the landowner. Site 2 for the day (last week's copper spot) = two buttons and two spoon pieces. Site 3 for the day (KG II copper site from September) = three buttons and about five or six pewter spoon pieces. Overall, it was a terrible hunt for us. :icon_scratch: We'll be trying our luck at a 1778 vanished dwelling this coming Friday, depending on the weather once again. If my research is correct, we could potentially dig a pile of coppers. :headbang:


Trust me, I know how it goes, been many a day we tried field after field failing all the way. That being said, I won't accept failure tomorrow!

Iron bros - 1 PA bros - 0 :laughing7:

The Iron Bros just have to dig a fully intact flat button and you'll have a better day than we did. :laughing9: I'll be waiting for both you and Ironhorse's posts tomorrow. :icon_thumright:

Pete, I'll be also waiting patiently for your next wave of finds to come off of this NC dwelling(s)! :notworthy: Are you getting out again this week to it?


I'll check with the government here to see if they'll grant you boys refugee status. :D

OK. Could you get back with me as soon as possible? :laughing9: We are hoping to get on the next flight. :laughing9:

can't you hide in a lorry, its cheaper
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
Send me some of that :icon_sunny: tomorrow! :thumbsup: (and a few of those coppers)
I hear ya! :laughing9: You know as well as anyone we wish it was that easy! :laughing7: :notworthy: :notworthy:


I'm hoping it will be easy. Two of us will be back where that reale on the banner was found. There are several more fields to check, so like I say we hope it will be easy. Even if they don't work out I'll be happy to look around a bit more on the site we were. I tell ya 3 explorers can smoke a good site for targets pretty fast. Usually a site that big I'm not trying to get the tough targets in the iron on the first day, but there I was.
Sure thing,I'm sure your explore in your hands will come out with something good!I've said it before your good! :notworthy: And I'll be waiting for your post Buddy! :wink: :thumbsup:


I'm really looking forward to it... and Kirk and I have a challenge who will do better, them three this weekend, or us two on Monday. So tonight I'll see what we have to beat.... I hope it's a lot!

Don't worry, IP, you just have to dig a coin older than an 1860-1864 fatboy Indian Head to beat us. We hit a new site, but it was hunted hard many years ago, according to the landowner. Site 2 for the day (last week's copper spot) = two buttons and two spoon pieces. Site 3 for the day (KG II copper site from September) = three buttons and about five or six pewter spoon pieces. Overall, it was a terrible hunt for us. :icon_scratch: We'll be trying our luck at a 1778 vanished dwelling this coming Friday, depending on the weather once again. If my research is correct, we could potentially dig a pile of coppers. :headbang:


Trust me, I know how it goes, been many a day we tried field after field failing all the way. That being said, I won't accept failure tomorrow!

Iron bros - 1 PA bros - 0 :laughing7:

The Iron Bros just have to dig a fully intact flat button and you'll have a better day than we did. :laughing9: I'll be waiting for both you and Ironhorse's posts tomorrow. :icon_thumright:

Pete, I'll be also waiting patiently for your next wave of finds to come off of this NC dwelling(s)! :notworthy: Are you getting out again this week to it?


I'll check with the government here to see if they'll grant you boys refugee status. :D

OK. Could you get back with me as soon as possible? :laughing9: We are hoping to get on the next flight. :laughing9:


Dude, you gotta do it the old way.... by boat! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: ..or the deal is off.
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
Send me some of that :icon_sunny: tomorrow! :thumbsup: (and a few of those coppers)
I hear ya! :laughing9: You know as well as anyone we wish it was that easy! :laughing7: :notworthy: :notworthy:


I'm hoping it will be easy. Two of us will be back where that reale on the banner was found. There are several more fields to check, so like I say we hope it will be easy. Even if they don't work out I'll be happy to look around a bit more on the site we were. I tell ya 3 explorers can smoke a good site for targets pretty fast. Usually a site that big I'm not trying to get the tough targets in the iron on the first day, but there I was.
Sure thing,I'm sure your explore in your hands will come out with something good!I've said it before your good! :notworthy: And I'll be waiting for your post Buddy! :wink: :thumbsup:


I'm really looking forward to it... and Kirk and I have a challenge who will do better, them three this weekend, or us two on Monday. So tonight I'll see what we have to beat.... I hope it's a lot!

Don't worry, IP, you just have to dig a coin older than an 1860-1864 fatboy Indian Head to beat us. We hit a new site, but it was hunted hard many years ago, according to the landowner. Site 2 for the day (last week's copper spot) = two buttons and two spoon pieces. Site 3 for the day (KG II copper site from September) = three buttons and about five or six pewter spoon pieces. Overall, it was a terrible hunt for us. :icon_scratch: We'll be trying our luck at a 1778 vanished dwelling this coming Friday, depending on the weather once again. If my research is correct, we could potentially dig a pile of coppers. :headbang:


Trust me, I know how it goes, been many a day we tried field after field failing all the way. That being said, I won't accept failure tomorrow!

Iron bros - 1 PA bros - 0 :laughing7:

The Iron Bros just have to dig a fully intact flat button and you'll have a better day than we did. :laughing9: I'll be waiting for both you and Ironhorse's posts tomorrow. :icon_thumright:

Pete, I'll be also waiting patiently for your next wave of finds to come off of this NC dwelling(s)! :notworthy: Are you getting out again this week to it?


I'll check with the government here to see if they'll grant you boys refugee status. :D

OK. Could you get back with me as soon as possible? :laughing9: We are hoping to get on the next flight. :laughing9:


Dude, you gotta do it the old way.... by boat! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: ..or the deal is off.

Better yet, we'll walk until we get to water and then we'll swim across to the island. :laughing9: I hope you are gracious enough to help us up from the shoreline. :laughing9: Oh, could you also greet us with some bottled waters, too? :laughing9:
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
Send me some of that :icon_sunny: tomorrow! :thumbsup: (and a few of those coppers)
I hear ya! :laughing9: You know as well as anyone we wish it was that easy! :laughing7: :notworthy: :notworthy:


I'm hoping it will be easy. Two of us will be back where that reale on the banner was found. There are several more fields to check, so like I say we hope it will be easy. Even if they don't work out I'll be happy to look around a bit more on the site we were. I tell ya 3 explorers can smoke a good site for targets pretty fast. Usually a site that big I'm not trying to get the tough targets in the iron on the first day, but there I was.
Sure thing,I'm sure your explore in your hands will come out with something good!I've said it before your good! :notworthy: And I'll be waiting for your post Buddy! :wink: :thumbsup:


I'm really looking forward to it... and Kirk and I have a challenge who will do better, them three this weekend, or us two on Monday. So tonight I'll see what we have to beat.... I hope it's a lot!

Don't worry, IP, you just have to dig a coin older than an 1860-1864 fatboy Indian Head to beat us. We hit a new site, but it was hunted hard many years ago, according to the landowner. Site 2 for the day (last week's copper spot) = two buttons and two spoon pieces. Site 3 for the day (KG II copper site from September) = three buttons and about five or six pewter spoon pieces. Overall, it was a terrible hunt for us. :icon_scratch: We'll be trying our luck at a 1778 vanished dwelling this coming Friday, depending on the weather once again. If my research is correct, we could potentially dig a pile of coppers. :headbang:


Trust me, I know how it goes, been many a day we tried field after field failing all the way. That being said, I won't accept failure tomorrow!

Iron bros - 1 PA bros - 0 :laughing7:

The Iron Bros just have to dig a fully intact flat button and you'll have a better day than we did. :laughing9: I'll be waiting for both you and Ironhorse's posts tomorrow. :icon_thumright:

Pete, I'll be also waiting patiently for your next wave of finds to come off of this NC dwelling(s)! :notworthy: Are you getting out again this week to it?


I'll check with the government here to see if they'll grant you boys refugee status. :D

OK. Could you get back with me as soon as possible? :laughing9: We are hoping to get on the next flight. :laughing9:


Dude, you gotta do it the old way.... by boat! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: ..or the deal is off.

Better yet, we'll walk until we get to water and then we'll swim across to the island. :laughing9: I hope you are gracious enough to help us up from the shoreline. :laughing9: Oh, could you also greet us with some bottled waters, too? :laughing9:


Ok but I want some Philly cheesesteak!
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

First thing I will do upon coming ashore...turn on detector. ;D

Kirk
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Kirk PA said:
First thing I will do upon coming ashore...turn on detector. ;D

Kirk
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :thumbsup:
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
Send me some of that :icon_sunny: tomorrow! :thumbsup: (and a few of those coppers)
I hear ya! :laughing9: You know as well as anyone we wish it was that easy! :laughing7: :notworthy: :notworthy:


I'm hoping it will be easy. Two of us will be back where that reale on the banner was found. There are several more fields to check, so like I say we hope it will be easy. Even if they don't work out I'll be happy to look around a bit more on the site we were. I tell ya 3 explorers can smoke a good site for targets pretty fast. Usually a site that big I'm not trying to get the tough targets in the iron on the first day, but there I was.
Sure thing,I'm sure your explore in your hands will come out with something good!I've said it before your good! :notworthy: And I'll be waiting for your post Buddy! :wink: :thumbsup:


I'm really looking forward to it... and Kirk and I have a challenge who will do better, them three this weekend, or us two on Monday. So tonight I'll see what we have to beat.... I hope it's a lot!

Don't worry, IP, you just have to dig a coin older than an 1860-1864 fatboy Indian Head to beat us. We hit a new site, but it was hunted hard many years ago, according to the landowner. Site 2 for the day (last week's copper spot) = two buttons and two spoon pieces. Site 3 for the day (KG II copper site from September) = three buttons and about five or six pewter spoon pieces. Overall, it was a terrible hunt for us. :icon_scratch: We'll be trying our luck at a 1778 vanished dwelling this coming Friday, depending on the weather once again. If my research is correct, we could potentially dig a pile of coppers. :headbang:


Trust me, I know how it goes, been many a day we tried field after field failing all the way. That being said, I won't accept failure tomorrow!

Iron bros - 1 PA bros - 0 :laughing7:

The Iron Bros just have to dig a fully intact flat button and you'll have a better day than we did. :laughing9: I'll be waiting for both you and Ironhorse's posts tomorrow. :icon_thumright:

Pete, I'll be also waiting patiently for your next wave of finds to come off of this NC dwelling(s)! :notworthy: Are you getting out again this week to it?


I'll check with the government here to see if they'll grant you boys refugee status. :D

OK. Could you get back with me as soon as possible? :laughing9: We are hoping to get on the next flight. :laughing9:


Dude, you gotta do it the old way.... by boat! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: ..or the deal is off.

Better yet, we'll walk until we get to water and then we'll swim across to the island. :laughing9: I hope you are gracious enough to help us up from the shoreline. :laughing9: Oh, could you also greet us with some bottled waters, too? :laughing9:


Ok but I want some Philly cheesesteak!

OK, but only if you promise me some Island Rev War buttons. :laughing9:
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
Send me some of that :icon_sunny: tomorrow! :thumbsup: (and a few of those coppers)
I hear ya! :laughing9: You know as well as anyone we wish it was that easy! :laughing7: :notworthy: :notworthy:


I'm hoping it will be easy. Two of us will be back where that reale on the banner was found. There are several more fields to check, so like I say we hope it will be easy. Even if they don't work out I'll be happy to look around a bit more on the site we were. I tell ya 3 explorers can smoke a good site for targets pretty fast. Usually a site that big I'm not trying to get the tough targets in the iron on the first day, but there I was.
Sure thing,I'm sure your explore in your hands will come out with something good!I've said it before your good! :notworthy: And I'll be waiting for your post Buddy! :wink: :thumbsup:


I'm really looking forward to it... and Kirk and I have a challenge who will do better, them three this weekend, or us two on Monday. So tonight I'll see what we have to beat.... I hope it's a lot!

Don't worry, IP, you just have to dig a coin older than an 1860-1864 fatboy Indian Head to beat us. We hit a new site, but it was hunted hard many years ago, according to the landowner. Site 2 for the day (last week's copper spot) = two buttons and two spoon pieces. Site 3 for the day (KG II copper site from September) = three buttons and about five or six pewter spoon pieces. Overall, it was a terrible hunt for us. :icon_scratch: We'll be trying our luck at a 1778 vanished dwelling this coming Friday, depending on the weather once again. If my research is correct, we could potentially dig a pile of coppers. :headbang:


Trust me, I know how it goes, been many a day we tried field after field failing all the way. That being said, I won't accept failure tomorrow!

Iron bros - 1 PA bros - 0 :laughing7:

The Iron Bros just have to dig a fully intact flat button and you'll have a better day than we did. :laughing9: I'll be waiting for both you and Ironhorse's posts tomorrow. :icon_thumright:

Pete, I'll be also waiting patiently for your next wave of finds to come off of this NC dwelling(s)! :notworthy: Are you getting out again this week to it?


I'll check with the government here to see if they'll grant you boys refugee status. :D

OK. Could you get back with me as soon as possible? :laughing9: We are hoping to get on the next flight. :laughing9:


Dude, you gotta do it the old way.... by boat! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: ..or the deal is off.

Better yet, we'll walk until we get to water and then we'll swim across to the island. :laughing9: I hope you are gracious enough to help us up from the shoreline. :laughing9: Oh, could you also greet us with some bottled waters, too? :laughing9:


Ok but I want some Philly cheesesteak!

OK, but only if you promise me some Island Rev War buttons. :laughing9:

Yep, they're pretty tasty too! :thumbsup:
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Still finding stuff! You can see these two pieces in the first pic. they were in bad shape and I didn't think there was nothing to them but this is what they were. :headbang: :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • 000_0001.webp
    000_0001.webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 493
  • 000_0002_00.webp
    000_0002_00.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 492
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Look, it's the Banner Wizard.... and I just happen to be off to meet him. :laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • Banner_Wizard.gif
    Banner_Wizard.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 450
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Great finds, and the Danish 1715 silver is on my wish list. :) :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Trond said:
Great finds, and the Danish 1715 silver is on my wish list. :) :icon_thumleft:

Is the Danish 1715 silver a II skilling?

Pic on this link appear different :icon_scratch:

http://www.rondomons.nl/index.php?page=coins&pid=27

Two types due to fading out the silver standard and changing to crowns ???

OK I got it :sign13: The one listed on the link is a II skilling for both Denmark & Norway, whereas the one timekiller found is Denmark only. Awesome coin :sunny:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom