What's new

No Luck Guys On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

timekiller

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
3,853
Reaction score
966
Golden Thread
1
Location
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Yea went back today and tried but no luck on the mold. :'( But did make some finds. Wish I hadn't tried on the mold so hard wasted alot of time with that deal. But moved around again at the end of the day and came up with one of my best coppers ever.All my finds need better cleaning still but this one has good detail left. :thumbsup: Also found buckle,buttons,cuff links,and a thimble.Guess they all can't be such great days.I'll continue to try in the future mabe It will show but this place is so big for one person to cover it will take some time.Thing are scatterd all over this site it seems. Very large place but know of it looks to be 4 different homes on this site. And old grave sites three of them on three points by the water all with unmarked stones like ballast rocks for head stones. I'll add some pics. I took today of the vast area it's as far as you can see cleared in the pics.Also some pics. of the coins my dad had found I talked of in last post.And one that will show what this hard a$$ dirt will do to your hands man this stuff is like digging through a brick.
 

Attachments

  • 000_0001.webp
    000_0001.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,018
  • 000_0002.webp
    000_0002.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 995
  • 000_0006.webp
    000_0006.webp
    56.2 KB · Views: 983
  • 000_0005.webp
    000_0005.webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 991
  • 000_0004.webp
    000_0004.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 997
  • 000_0003.webp
    000_0003.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,000
  • 000_0008.webp
    000_0008.webp
    18 KB · Views: 984
  • 000_0007.webp
    000_0007.webp
    61.8 KB · Views: 993
Upvote 0
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

My dads coins!That he's been finding near by.
 

Attachments

  • 101_0010.webp
    101_0010.webp
    51.5 KB · Views: 964
  • 101_0009.webp
    101_0009.webp
    44.8 KB · Views: 971
  • 101_0008.webp
    101_0008.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 969
  • 101_0007.webp
    101_0007.webp
    40.1 KB · Views: 979
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

The site!
 

Attachments

  • 101_0012.webp
    101_0012.webp
    95.6 KB · Views: 967
  • 101_0011.webp
    101_0011.webp
    97.2 KB · Views: 964
  • 101_0014.webp
    101_0014.webp
    90.5 KB · Views: 948
  • 101_0013.webp
    101_0013.webp
    90.5 KB · Views: 950
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

At least it's mowed down for you and the colder months are coming...plenty of time for searching for the rest of the mold....by the way...the rest of your finds are not bad either.... :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

The 1781 Hibernia and 2 Skilling are nice! You're both into some real oldies! His other two coins are George I, and a 1760s Hibernia, but the holed one is interesting. Maybe a Jeton?
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Iron Patch said:
The 1781 Hibernia and 2 Skilling are nice! You're both into some real oldies! His other two coins are George I, and a 1760s Hibernia, but the holed one is interesting. Maybe a Jeton?
Thanks IP,I didn't know what to tell him on that very one the one with the hole different in what I've seen from the norm.Much Thanks For Your Help! :notworthy: :thumbsup: :headbang:
Timekiller,
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
The 1781 Hibernia and 2 Skilling are nice! You're both into some real oldies! His other two coins are George I, and a 1760s Hibernia, but the holed one is interesting. Maybe a Jeton?
Thanks IP,I didn't know what to tell him on that very one the one whith the hole different in what I've seen from the norm.Much Thanks For Your Help! :notworthy: :thumbsup: :headbang:
Timekiller,


It's different, no doubt about that.
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
The 1781 Hibernia and 2 Skilling are nice! You're both into some real oldies! His other two coins are George I, and a 1760s Hibernia, but the holed one is interesting. Maybe a Jeton?
Thanks IP,I didn't know what to tell him on that very one the one whith the hole different in what I've seen from the norm.Much Thanks For Your Help! :notworthy: :thumbsup: :headbang:
Timekiller,


It's different, no doubt about that.
It is. Have not had chance to see if I can find it on internet.That one button with the flower looking design still has some DNA :laughing9: :laughing9: stuck in it.Another first for something that old for me.
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
The 1781 Hibernia and 2 Skilling are nice! You're both into some real oldies! His other two coins are George I, and a 1760s Hibernia, but the holed one is interesting. Maybe a Jeton?
Thanks IP,I didn't know what to tell him on that very one the one whith the hole different in what I've seen from the norm.Much Thanks For Your Help! :notworthy: :thumbsup: :headbang:
Timekiller,


It's different, no doubt about that.

I don't think its a Jetton/Jeton, looks more like a medallion to celebrate a great man (unknown to me). This is my best guess & it maybe a token but I'm pretty sure it not a Jetton.


The other half of the mold may takes years to find. Grid it & GPS it would help, or at least do maps of areas covered until you have done every inch. (and then re-do it all carefully digging all.)
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
The 1781 Hibernia and 2 Skilling are nice! You're both into some real oldies! His other two coins are George I, and a 1760s Hibernia, but the holed one is interesting. Maybe a Jeton?
Thanks IP,I didn't know what to tell him on that very one the one whith the hole different in what I've seen from the norm.Much Thanks For Your Help! :notworthy: :thumbsup: :headbang:
Timekiller,


It's different, no doubt about that.

I don't think its a Jetton/Jeton, looks more like a medallion to celebrate a great man (unknown to me). This is my best guess & it maybe a token but I'm pretty sure it not a Jetton.


The other half of the mold may takes years to find. Grid it & GPS it would help, or at least do maps of areas covered until you have don every inch.

Yeah usually the large busts are more on medals, don't really see em on Jetons much. That one might take some looking to solve.
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Forgot to say: that Irish coin is far better than any I have ever had. Well worth the hunt :icon_thumright:
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

CRUSADER said:
Forgot to say: that Irish coin is far better than any I have ever had. Well worth the hunt :icon_thumright:
Yea I can only think it's because of that ground.Man In all my time of digging bottles and stuff in the past.I don't remember ever anything that hard.This dirt you hit with a hand spade and it will bounce back off.You have to chop and chop at it till you get broke in to it.And then it's so hard the spade sqeaks like your hitting metal the whole time you are going down. CRAZY HARD! :laughing7: :hello:
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

timekiller said:
CRUSADER said:
Forgot to say: that Irish coin is far better than any I have ever had. Well worth the hunt :icon_thumright:
Yea I can only think it's because of that ground.Man In all my time of digging bottles and stuff in the past.I don't remember ever anything that hard.This dirt you hit with a hand spade and it will bounce back off.You have to chop and chop at it till you get broke in to it.And then it's so hard the spade sqeaks like your hitting metal the whole time you are going down. CRAZY HARD! :laughing7: :hello:

Our clay gets like that sometimes. I jump hard on the spade (makes holes in army boots, they last me a year sometimes) & get 1inch of depth. The amazing thing is I still have my fav spade which has lasted me 8 years, very smooth corners & lots of wear, its part of the family & will be a great loss when dead :D
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

CRUSADER said:
timekiller said:
CRUSADER said:
Forgot to say: that Irish coin is far better than any I have ever had. Well worth the hunt :icon_thumright:
Yea I can only think it's because of that ground.Man In all my time of digging bottles and stuff in the past.I don't remember ever anything that hard.This dirt you hit with a hand spade and it will bounce back off.You have to chop and chop at it till you get broke in to it.And then it's so hard the spade sqeaks like your hitting metal the whole time you are going down. CRAZY HARD! :laughing7: :hello:

Our clay gets like that sometimes. I jump hard on the spade (makes holes in army boots, they last me a year sometimes) & get 1inch of depth. The amazing thing is I still have my fav spade which has lasted me 8 years, very smooth corners & lots of wear, its part of the family & will be a great loss when dead :D
:laughing9: :laughing7: I know they do become a part of you after awhile. I've made special trips back just to recover mine before.When I could had gone 5 min down the road and brought another. :laughing9: :notworthy:
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Pete,

Yooooo, it is good to see you posting again with North Carolina frontier coins and relics. You, my man, are what I call a Colonial bloodhound. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for sharing your father's coins as well.

Kirk
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Hey, Pete my Colonial Man, that Hibernia copper you dug is sweeet! :notworthy: Your dad's coins also make me :notworthy: to the pioneers of the North Carolina ground! I love the site pics as well! The site looks prime for early dwellings!

I'm going to try and unleash the Colonial animal today! We are hunting a new site and I'm hoping for some coppers!

Kyle
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

You may not have found the other half of the spoon mold this trip. Finding coins and relics like this I would keep searching for the mold :hello2:
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Great looking site with awesome results! You are lucky!!
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

wow you are sure making fantastic finds there. congrats :hello2:
 
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Here it is in some good old carolina morning sun.Kirk and Kyle I hope you guy's do well today.Me I'm staying home gone watch some football with the wife.I need to get back oystering this week. :thumbsup: :D
Thanks to the rest of you for your comments!And HH! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • 000_0002.webp
    000_0002.webp
    87.9 KB · Views: 799
  • 000_0003.webp
    000_0003.webp
    88.3 KB · Views: 796
  • 000_0004.webp
    000_0004.webp
    75 KB · Views: 784
  • 000_0005.webp
    000_0005.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 785

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom