What's new

Not a 1901 S, But still pretty cool

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,465
Reaction score
1,131
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just showed my son in law the banner 1901 S quarter. He asked me if I had found a coin like that. I said, yeah, I found one a long time ago, and I think I'ts 1890's Turns out I'ts an 1892 O. Thought y'all might like to see it. Barber 001.webpBarber 002.webp
 
Nice coin!
As far as Barbers go, I'm still junior league. 1914 dime. But any Barber is a good Barber.
Hope ya find more.
Peace ✌
 
That is a big time nice coin ! First year of issue too (I guess you would of told us if it was the micro-o variety)
 
That is a big time nice coin ! First year of issue too (I guess you would of told us if it was the micro-o variety)
Honestly man, I really don't know! Heck, all I know is I remember that I found one and this is the first time in many years that I've looked at it. Pretty sad, Right?

,
 
Far better shape than the ones I typically dig. That's one nice barber! I'll take a pic of the most recent one I found at my new hotspot a week ago if you are interested.

Mike

Please do!
 
That's a beauty there!
 
Photobucket for free pic uploads is the what I use. And yes, still a great find
 
Barbers are one of the most artistic of our American coins no matter the year. To have found one is a personal banner. Congrats!
 
That is a beautiful Barber. I still consider the hunt that gave me a Barber dime and quarter to be my best so far. They really are a nice looking coin.
 
Thanks O.D. They are beautiful! Charles Barber went over the top on his design IMO!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom