What's new

Not bad for my first week

Digg'n

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2016
Messages
51
Reaction score
94
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's been almost a week since I got my first detector. I got an ATP last Thursday and just been hunting my yard mostly.

My house was built in 1890 so I'm thinking there is some good stuff hidden around here. I can tell you it is LOADED with trash. Lol. So I've been picking through signals until I get used to the machine. Good finds so far...

All clad-
15 pennies
1 nickel
2 dimes
3 quarters
1 presidential dollar

Looks to be a WW1 uniform button

Old rim to a pocket watch

Some kind of oval copper button maybe? Looks like it's threaded on the backside.

Front plate to and old lock or something.

Also found an newer engine valve and a large iron ring. Not sure what that was used for. Oh, and and old Parker pen.

No silver yet but I'm hoping!
uploadfromtaptalk1458701662163.webpuploadfromtaptalk1458701672958.webpuploadfromtaptalk1458701679938.webpuploadfromtaptalk1458701687331.webpuploadfromtaptalk1458701694190.webpuploadfromtaptalk1458701699311.webpuploadfromtaptalk1458701711171.webpuploadfromtaptalk1458701718283.webpuploadfromtaptalk1458701723190.webp
 
Upvote 18
That's a very good start! Keep at it and the silver will come.try to get permissions to hunt your neighbors yards and you will find some interesting things. AT Pro is a great machine .Good luck!
 
That is a Military trouser button I believe. Nice finds
 
I like that old pocket watch rim.. Pretty good finds for your first week.:thumbsup:
 
Great start! Welcome to a hunger you never satisfy. Did you purchase the 5x8 DD coil? It's smaller and great for picking between the trash. I am a solid AT Pro fan.
 
That's way better than my first week! Keep it up!
 
Look's like your off to a good start.
 
That is a Military trouser button I believe. Nice finds
Yep! That's exactly what it is. A little research turned up to be WW1 era trouser button. Thought it was pretty cool.
 
Great start! Welcome to a hunger you never satisfy. Did you purchase the 5x8 DD coil? It's smaller and great for picking between the trash. I am a solid AT Pro fan.
I'm just running the stock coil for now but plan on getting either the garrett 5x8 or the NEL sharpshooter. They are about the same price so I wonder which one is better?
 
From what I hear, the Garrett 5x8. I know folks who don't even take that coil off once they put it on.
 
Darn RIGHT a heckuva good week! Well done . . .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom