NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Well with a big SNOW storm approaching >:(, I figured I better get out and try to hunt a little while today. Apparently so did a lot of members of our club :icon_sunny: which is great, because it is not a very friendly park. First signal out of my truck was a 1935 lincoln on top of the ground. I picked it up and scanned where it had lain, I got an 8 inch deep reading and proceeded to dig my plug. At around 8 inches I got a 1923 cent, and using my Sun-Ray probe I located a 1919 cent on the side of the hole and a 1937 cent appeared in the hole, I rescanned my digs and there were none left. I was hunting towards the edge of the woods, when I saw a patch of grass that had been torn up by a skunk, digging for grubs. I always check critter excavations :thumbsup:. I saw on top of the little dirt piles what I thought was an unearthed pulltab. When I bent over to pick it up, it was a pretty .925 ring with the front part hinged :thumbsup:. After that, all I found were 4 clad quarters, 5 clad dimes, 2 brass modern cigarette lighters, and Many messed up Zincolns. The people in the pics are members from our club who had the same Idea..........NGE (nowgettinsumthin')

Attachments

• .925 hinged ring.jpg
    .925 hinged ring.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 663
  • opened .925 ring.jpg
    opened .925 ring.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 673
  • 2 eager hunters.jpg
    2 eager hunters.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 680
  • just getting here.jpg
    just getting here.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 665
  • 1919 lincoln.jpg
    1919 lincoln.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 676
  • 1923 lincoln.jpg
    1923 lincoln.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 667
  • 1935 lincoln.jpg
    1935 lincoln.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 672
  • 1937 lincoln.jpg
    1937 lincoln.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 672
Upvote 0

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Digs. I love the ring. Very unique. Wonder what type of SUBSTANCE was in that ring at one time or another?

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Not too far away another person found a glass tube with a piece of steel wool stuffed in the end, I can only imagine what my ring could have held........NGE

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys use Shovels in the parks?

:icon_scratch:

Nice Finds!

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Buckles, most that do, leave less mess than those that use knives and pluggers around here. I myself cannot get down on my knees and several others in the pics also can't get down, because of bad backs. This particular park belongs to the city of Detroit and if the cops or workers saw someone in there with a backhoe, chances are, they would ignore you. This park dates way back to the 1700's and stuff in there is very deep. But, like I stated it is not a friendly park and trenching shovels with shortened handles are used to get deep fast and keep on moving (shovels are detterents of violence) although I felt safer that at least 3 that showed up that day carried "pocket heaters". I also use my shortened, 3" wide trencher for a cane and hiking stick as needed. I shortened my handle from 6 feet to 3 feet and added a "D" handle. I still make a plug and put dirt excavated from the hole onto a plastic frisbee. And it also helps when I have to cut roots larger than what my by-pass pruners can handle. Also, no other parks around here ever say anything about our modified trench shovels. I have seen others that are not members of our club out in the parks using Lesche shovels making really bad messes and we have to clean up behind them, then if we catch them in the act, we try to emphasize them on the correct way to use their digger, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't then they get reported! You also have to have a $5.00 permit to hunt in our county parks, and most of non members don't have one, and will get fined, when they are seen digging. I can (with my digger) make it look like I wasn't even there. I hope this answers your question........NGE

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
Buckles, most that do, leave less mess than those that use knives and pluggers around here. I myself cannot get down on my knees and several others in the pics also can't get down, because of bad backs. This particular park belongs to the city of Detroit and if the cops or workers saw someone in there with a backhoe, chances are, they would ignore you. This park dates way back to the 1700's and stuff in there is very deep. But, like I stated it is not a friendly park and trenching shovels with shortened handles are used to get deep fast and keep on moving (shovels are detterents of violence) although I felt safer that at least 3 that showed up that day carried "pocket heaters". I also use my shortened, 3" wide trencher for a cane and hiking stick as needed. I shortened my handle from 6 feet to 3 feet and added a "D" handle. I still make a plug and put dirt excavated from the hole onto a plastic frisbee. And it also helps when I have to cut roots larger than what my by-pass pruners can handle. Also, no other parks around here ever say anything about our modified trench shovels. I have seen others that are not members of our club out in the parks using Lesche shovels making really bad messes and we have to clean up behind them, then if we catch them in the act, we try to emphasize them on the correct way to use their digger, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't then they get reported! You also have to have a $5.00 permit to hunt in our county parks, and most of non members don't have one, and will get fined, when they are seen digging. I can (with my digger) make it look like I wasn't even there. I hope this answers your question........NGE

:thumbsup:

Just curious. Keep up the good work NGE.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread