What's new

Not Very Old...But Still Pretty Cool!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very hot day on the east coast so I decided to walk the shoreline. I went to a new area and within 5 minutes I found this super cool anchor! It's not that old but the style is really cool and will look great in my rock garden.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0001.webp
    DSCF0001.webp
    123.7 KB · Views: 818
Upvote 0
That is awesome!

How heavy is it?

Love the seaweed :icon_thumleft:
 
Your BIG iron collection is growing. I'm sure there's an old barge waiting for you somewhere.
 
Iron Patch said:
Your BIG iron collection is growing. I'm sure there's an old barge waiting for you somewhere.

I actually DID find a sunken ship with the prow sticking out of the beach but not worth hunting...very public area, easily accessible. The anchor was further up the beach well away from the accessible area.

I also added a 10 pound sledge to the iron collection today but not worth showing...
 
Bramblefind said:
That is awesome!

How heavy is it?

Love the seaweed :icon_thumleft:

Not very heavy...maybe 40 pounds...lucky for me because it was easy to carry out.
 
Michaelangelo said:
Pretty cool anchor-looks like it may be home made. Bet that will look great in your rock garden!!

Yep, definitely home made...

Here's the rest of the stuff from the field portion of the hunt...slim pickings!
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0001.webp
    DSCF0001.webp
    92.1 KB · Views: 659
Excellent Find!!!! What's that metal thing in the background :laughing7: Cool snag :thumbsup:
 
I can just see you carrying that across the beach, you must have got a lot of stares.
 
Great find ! :o ....using metal detectors to find the anchor?
H
 
That scene on that bottle makes me want to take a swig. Nice anchor. :icon_thumleft:
 
OutBack Duo said:
I can just see you carrying that across the beach, you must have got a lot of stares.

Not a soul on the beach...all to myself. This is not a swimming beach...fishing and boat launch.
 
Great anchor find romeo-1! :o

I really like this brass hinge! :thumbsup:

Dave
 

Attachments

  • Brass Hinge.webp
    Brass Hinge.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 475
ANTIQUARIAN said:
Great anchor find romeo-1! :o

I really like this brass hinge! :thumbsup:

Dave

Thanks Dave...actually that was found on the same beach as the anchor and not the field...green patina from the salt water.
 
yup just waiting for you to come up with the whole barge! neat find tho!
 
The Patriot said:
yup just waiting for you to come up with the whole barge! neat find tho!

Give me a big enough shovel...I'll have it on my lawn!
 
Yeah that corona defiantly isnt very old but the bottle is kool as can be. Wait.....we`re talking about the anchor? lol :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: Good Job man,kool anchor.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom