What's new

Now That Is Going To Leave A Mark

That’s messed up making a joke at a young cowboy getting trashed behind a bull. I have a better adverb, but won’t use it here. That’s not entertainment.

People are numb these days.
Riding a bull or getting bucked off is entertainment. People getting bones broken and organs split in half is a tragedy.

17,000 people liked that. SICK.
 
Last edited:
That’s messed up making a joke at a young cowboy getting trashed behind a bull. I have a better adverb, but won’t use it here. That’s not entertainment.

People are numb these days.
Riding a bull or getting bucked off is entertainment. People getting bones broken and organs split in half is a tragedy.

17,000 people liked that. SICK.
It's rodeo life, no different than video of UFC fights, boxing matches, NASCAR, bull riding and bucking horses is a violent sport.
 
Last edited:
No different than going to a bull rodeo, UFC fight, boxing match.
As I said “messed up and SICK” sorry that offends you. I come from deep rodeo roots that go back a long ways and it’s not a blood sport at least that’s not what the good folks that sat in the stands came to watch. Maybe now days that’s what folks are waiting for. When your NUMB it takes a lot to trigger the chemicals necessary for pleasure. Nothing personal, it’s just disgusting. Why not post videos of soldiers getting legs broken or blown off? Oh ya didn’t pay to watch that on YouTube.
 
I have pro rodeo grandpa, uncle, cousins, family PRCA promoters and that stuff is gut wrenching. At least that’s what I always thought was a normal reaction.
 
Last edited:
As I said “messed up and SICK” sorry that offends you. I come from deep rodeo roots that go back a long ways and it’s not a blood sport at least that’s not what the good folks that sat in the stands came to watch. Maybe now days that’s what folks are waiting for. When your NUMB it takes a lot to trigger the chemicals necessary for pleasure. Nothing personal, it’s just disgusting. Why not post videos of soldiers getting legs broken or blown off? Oh ya didn’t pay to watch that on YouTube.
Did I say I was offended, you attacked video I posted and I replied. I also never said it was a blood sport, I said it is a violent sport.
 
It's rodeo life, no different than video of UFC fights,

In some respects, yes, but opponents are the same relative size. Getting stomped
by a bull that size is like Brock Lesnar vs. a 105 lb. atom weight.

There are risks in every sporting endeavor, and anyone riding a bull in a rodeo is
fully aware of them. That was the extreme end of getting caught up in the rigging
and being stomped. I do hope that man survived.
 
It can be a brutal sport for sure. But it seems humans have always been drawn to enjoy brutal spectacles. Unfortunately, it's the possibility of someone getting pounded to death like the poor guy in the video that keeps us coming back for more. I feel bad for the QB that get's his bell rung but I still enjoy watching the hit.
 
More my speed..
Mutton+Bustin+2.webp
 
That’s messed up making a joke at a young cowboy getting trashed behind a bull. I have a better adverb, but won’t use it here. That’s not entertainment.

People are numb these days.
Riding a bull or getting bucked off is entertainment. People getting bones broken and organs split in half is a tragedy.

17,000 people liked that. SICK.
Agree mate. Guy got rag dolled and destroyed. Society now has so normalised everything that everything is entertaining and funny.
Yrs ago here if anyone was shot in the street when witnesses were interviewed you'd see women crying as they recounted it all, guys with serious and sad expressions as they did.
All I see today is people smiling, sometimes laughing as they tell the reporter how many bangs they heard or how the guy was hacking into someone with the machete.
Even on the lead in from the reporters before they cut to the live feed they're damn smiling as they cross. Most though live on a diet in movies and series of death and murder and crime and its their daily feed into their minds, so its gone from shock to normal entertainment with zero shock value. So when we hear things like "why is this happening in society, why are people so violent, why are people so rude and have no respect?" The answers pretty obvious really.
Bring on the death, blood and guts! We have gone into reverse and are once again cheering and clapping the people being killed in the Roman Coliseum and loving every minute of it.
 
Agree mate. Guy got rag dolled and destroyed. Society now has so normalised everything that everything is entertaining and funny.
Yrs ago here if anyone was shot in the street when witnesses were interviewed you'd see women crying as they recounted it all, guys with serious and sad expressions as they did.
All I see today is people smiling, sometimes laughing as they tell the reporter how many bangs they heard or how the guy was hacking into someone with the machete.
Even on the lead in from the reporters before they cut to the live feed they're damn smiling as they cross. Most though live on a diet in movies and series of death and murder and crime and its their daily feed into their minds, so its gone from shock to normal entertainment with zero shock value. So when we hear things like "why is this happening in society, why are people so violent, why are people so rude and have no respect?" The answers pretty obvious really.
Bring on the death, blood and guts! We have gone into reverse and are once again cheering and clapping the people being killed in the Roman Coliseum and loving every minute of it.
Thank you. Bull riders used to be respected for their skill and the bulls for their performance. They share points 50/50.

A young man being killed, maimed, receiving career ending injuries was never something to enjoy as part of the sport. Really ought to be a kill joy.

I watched Wade Leslie ride Wolfman Skoal.
I sat with my girlfriend’s family as their brother/son went through surgery removing one of his kidneys while he recieved blood transfusions. There was nothing exciting or entertaining about it.

Yes there is a good exciting side and a sad terrible side.

My grandpa was pronounced dead from a head stomping. Someone in the morgue found a heart beat. We don’t celebrate the stomping, just the miracle.

Truthfully I never finished watching the video. I saw enough to know what happened to that rider.
 
Last edited:
Thank you. Bull riders used to be respected for their skill and the bulls for their performance. They share points 50/50.

A young man being killed, maimed, receiving career ending injuries was never something to enjoy as part of the sport. Really ought to be a kill joy.

I watched Wade Leslie ride Wolfman Skoal.
I sat with my girlfriend’s family as their brother/son went through surgery removing one of his kidneys while he recieved blood transfusions. There was nothing exciting or entertaining about it.

Yes there is a good exciting side and a sad terrible side.

My grandpa was pronounced dead from a head stomping. Someone in the morgue found a heart beat. We don’t celebrate the stomping, just the miracle.

Truthfully I never finished watching the video. I saw enough to know what happened to that rider.
Yeah mate a lot of what I find disturbing these days is the general publics response to things these days. Liking things or being ho hum to things they should be horrified at.
I hate UFC with a passion, I boxed when younger so its not being sissy about fighting.
But I recall seeing fist fights at school and on the streets and people had a fight and someone won with the loser maybe getting a broken nose or something, maybe just a black eye. People copied the fighting type they saw. You'd see guys shape up to each other almost like a boxer. These days their examples are elbows to the head and face repeatedly as the victim lays on the ground knocked out, or their heads being grabbed and a knee driven into their face several times. Punched full on with the attacker above and the victim on the ground with their head against the concrete. This is murderous fighting, it isn't remotely like fighting used to be. I see on the news where someone captured some fight on their phone and they are fighting doing things just like they watch for entertainment and they are killing people. Smashing the life out of them laying on the ground punch after punch with the head absorbing everything, just like they see the UFC fighters fight.
It the Coliseum all over again. Sadly im amongst the minority seeing it that way I know, the public love it and the bloodier the better. My nephew was set upon and bashed UFC style and spent a week in hospital as a result. Thankfully he was ok after everything healed. But many others die. That was unheard of or ultra rare when I was a young man, now its on the news every day of the week. Thugs copying the fighting style of UFC has and is seeing people damaged for life and killed. Monkey see monkey do. But hey, they'll make every excuse in the world why its wrong, my thinking style is wrong and seeing people beaten to bloody pulps like animals is good and fun entertainment.
 
Yeah mate a lot of what I find disturbing these days is the general publics response to things these days. Liking things or being ho hum to things they should be horrified at.
I hate UFC with a passion, I boxed when younger so its not being sissy about fighting.
But I recall seeing fist fights at school and on the streets and people had a fight and someone won with the loser maybe getting a broken nose or something, maybe just a black eye. People copied the fighting type they saw. You'd see guys shape up to each other almost like a boxer. These days their examples are elbows to the head and face repeatedly as the victim lays on the ground knocked out, or their heads being grabbed and a knee driven into their face several times. Punched full on with the attacker above and the victim on the ground with their head against the concrete. This is murderous fighting, it isn't remotely like fighting used to be. I see on the news where someone captured some fight on their phone and they are fighting doing things just like they watch for entertainment and they are killing people. Smashing the life out of them laying on the ground punch after punch with the head absorbing everything, just like they see the UFC fighters fight.
It the Coliseum all over again. Sadly im amongst the minority seeing it that way I know, the public love it and the bloodier the better. My nephew was set upon and bashed UFC style and spent a week in hospital as a result. Thankfully he was ok after everything healed. But many others die. That was unheard of or ultra rare when I was a young man, now its on the news every day of the week. Thugs copying the fighting style of UFC has and is seeing people damaged for life and killed. Monkey see monkey do. But hey, they'll make every excuse in the world why its wrong, my thinking style is wrong and seeing people beaten to bloody pulps like animals is good and fun entertainment.
You are 100% spot on and said it better than I could.

There are things a person just shouldn’t see that is just a wasted swipe away. The internet builds a profile to serve you up more of the same assuming it’s something you like.

Almost a bit evil when you think about it.
 
Barbaric stupidity for not only the rider but the animal. Then there is the mindless crowd that revels in the violence...Common sense has left mankind.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: ARC
I couldn't watch the whole video as it was too much hurt being laid down on the rider.
Never went to a rodeo, or stampede in my life either.
Watched on TV or a video of highlights only.

I tip my hat to those that actually do ride as it take a big set to sit on the back of a big animal.
When I was young I was more entertained by watching the 🤡 and thought they're some crazy and brave. ( Nothing like making oneself the target of a crazy bull)

I met a man onetime that I have thought about many times over the past 40 yrs.

I came out of a 2 week blackout while sitting on the fire escape landing of an old hotel in Alberta.
July 4th.1985

He asked me if I was OK, and saw it was a genuine concern.
I said that I was, and he then said that I looked like I came back from a far away place.
I simply replied that I had.

I looked at this shirtless, chiseled scarred guy across from me and I was thinking he has been sewed up like a old rag doll. He sported a huge belt buckle of honor, that seemed to fit well.

I wear many scars but this guy took it to another level. Big ones crossing smaller ones, each one worn with a sense of pride.

I finally asked him (While doing XXX's and lines on my chest) I just needed to know.
What's this all about?

"I'm a Rodeo Star"

My response was "Cool"
Then I asked if he knew where there was a phone.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom