Oak Island is closed until further notice - 2022

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
What evasion? Look on the internet. If you are posting here then you have a connection and can do your own research.

I told you where to look, 'Oak Island aerial photo 1930s'.

You can use one of the number of other search engines also.

But all this information exists.

Not knowing that this information exists is not the same as it not existing

That old aerial photos exist of Oak Island which you didn't know about demonstrates the point exactly?

I don't use Google search or Yahoo or any of the other search engines that Google controls or uses their algorithms . I find your answer to my question to an evasion of what I asked.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Here's is another direct example that shows again, that you not knowing it exists is not the same as it not existing.

This one is more cogent to prove that point as you won't be able to find it on the internet now.

This was an article that went to disprove that the current narrative being promoted on the show that what went on there is not known.

This article however was written by Doug Crowell.

He is the show's researcher correct?

Below is part of the article he wrote and published.

Did you hear about this research of his on the show?

He has since removed the article from view so you can't find it anymore. It was giving away details that was disproving the 'official' version of the story that the show promotes.

But again, just because you didn't get to see it when it was published, doesn't mean it and the details it gave don't exist for you are reading it here.......

doug.jpg

Last edited:

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's is another direct example that shows again, that you not knowing it exists is not the same as it not existing.

This one is more cogent to prove that point as you won't be able to find it on the internet now.

This was an article that went to disprove that the current narrative being promoted on the show that what went on there is not known.

He has since removed the article from view so you can't find it anymore. It was giving away details that was disproving the 'official' version of the story that the show promotes.

But again, just because you didn't get to see it when it was published, doesn't mean it and the details it gave don't exist for you are reading it here.......

View attachment 2041476
What has this to do whether the show is a hoax? If anything it gives more credence to the present search.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Season 6 ep 1 wasn't that stone /glass debunked as a decorative piece from the kids cowboy outfits holster? I looked at the gemologists face and could read b.s. all over it.
And don‘t forget the Roman sword the laginas said was found near the island and promoted on their show that was later proven to be a cheap fake.

Last edited:

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What evasion? Look on the internet. If you are posting here then you have a connection and can do your own research.

That old aerial photos exist of Oak Island which you didn't know about demonstrates the point exactly?
I asked you you where the you found the information that there was a brick factory on Oak Island in the past because I could not find any mention in my search that one had existed. Again you evaded the question. :BangHead:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2041476
One of the show’s actor’s admitting the hoax….along with Dan Blankenship admitting nothing was ever there while in the show (that segment was edited out on reruns), further removes all doubt of the scripted show‘s validity and the fact that the laginas are promoting the hoax for advertising as well as selling novelties and tours.

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of the show’s actor’s admitting the hoax….along with Dan Blankenship admitting nothing was ever there while in the show (that segment was edited out on reruns), further removes all doubt of the scripted show‘s validity and the fact that the laginas are promoting the hoax for advertising as well as selling novelties and tours.
Which of the show's actors? Again so-called evidence without being backed up with links. :dontknow:
GOOD! SHUT IT DOWN! IT”S ALL BS ANYWAY, THERE’S MORE TRUTH IN A BATMAN CO

And don‘t forget the Roman sword the laginas said was found near the island and promoted on their show that was later proven to be a cheap fake.
Link to that info?

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of the show’s actor’s admitting the hoax….along with Dan Blankenship admitting nothing was ever there while in the show (that segment was edited out on reruns), further removes all doubt of the scripted show‘s validity and the fact that the laginas are promoting the hoax for advertising as well as selling novelties and tours
Evidence to back up your claim? ???

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I have researched all the historic photos of Oak Island (Including the 1930's) on the official Nova Scotia Government archives website there are no photos that match the ones you have posted. There is also no information about there ever being a brick factory on the island.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcd002 - you are obviously new to the hoax (the lack of knowledge regarding the fake Roman sword presented on the show proves it).

All of the evidence presented here was gathered over many years.

Do your own research and you will learn that just because something is on tv doesn't make it real.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoax of oak island episode with the laginas presenting the fake Roman sword

Statements from professor who stated the sword was fake:

"The only time that I have dealt directly with the pseudo-archaeological community took place in the spring of 2015, when I was contacted by producers of the History Channel program The Curse of Oak Island. They wanted me to examine a purported Roman sword recovered at Oak Island, in Nova Scotia, and to capture my analysis on video.

I was sent a photograph of the sword and informed that it had been identified by an expert as once the property of a Roman general and dating to the second century CE. Looking at the photo, there was little to indicate that the sword was ancient. The casting technique and decorative elements appeared distinctly un-Roman, and the sword was made of Bronze at a time when Romans used steel swords, even when they were purely decorative. I could see no signs that the sword had been underwater for any length of time. Finally, there was also the question of provenience, which was preposterous."

"The show aired in January 2016. Dr. Brosseau and I had concluded that the sword is a 20th century tourist trinket brought to Canada from Europe and doctored to look ancient."

Full article

Once the lagina's and their partner's lies about the sword were exposed, the sword was never mentioned on future episodes.

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcd002 - you are obviously new to the hoax (the lack of knowledge regarding the fake Roman sword presented on the show proves it).

All of the evidence presented here was gathered over many years.

Do your own research and you will learn that just because something is on tv doesn't make it real.
"I can see clearly now the rain that falls,I can see all obstacles in my way"

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hoax of oak island episode with the laginas presenting the fake Roman sword

Statements from professor who stated the sword was fake:

"The only time that I have dealt directly with the pseudo-archaeological community took place in the spring of 2015, when I was contacted by producers of the History Channel program The Curse of Oak Island. They wanted me to examine a purported Roman sword recovered at Oak Island, in Nova Scotia, and to capture my analysis on video.

I was sent a photograph of the sword and informed that it had been identified by an expert as once the property of a Roman general and dating to the second century CE. Looking at the photo, there was little to indicate that the sword was ancient. The casting technique and decorative elements appeared distinctly un-Roman, and the sword was made of Bronze at a time when Romans used steel swords, even when they were purely decorative. I could see no signs that the sword had been underwater for any length of time. Finally, there was also the question of provenience, which was preposterous."

"The show aired in January 2016. Dr. Brosseau and I had concluded that the sword is a 20th century tourist trinket brought to Canada from Europe and doctored to look ancient."

Full article

Once the lagina's and their partner's lies about the sword were exposed, the sword was never mentioned on future episodes.
So they only looked at the photo of the sword and never actually examined the sword in person? That's like someone looking a at photo of a hundred dollar bill to determine if it's a fake.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So they only looked at the photo of the sword and never actually examined the sword in person? That's like someone looking a at photo of a hundred dollar bill to determine if it's a fake.
Steel swords do not turn green. Plus others looked at it as well.

The person who “found” and claimed the sword was real is a discredited “treasure hunter” with a long history of making false claims.

Your rationalizing as to the authenticity of the show and disputing facts indicates you are either totally unaware of the long history of the hoax or work for the show.

Either way welcome to my ignore list!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't someone say that sword was given to the Linguini bros by that commander whatever that tried to look like Billy badass with his two pistol shoulder rig and ripped off a bunch of people with his bogus book? Yeah, real credible provenance... I seriously thought the guy was a poorly done comedy outtake.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread