Of Red Tide and Shells

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Red tide sucks. Omni and I met up this morning on Long Boat Key and both nearly passed out from the thick air and dead fish on the beach. We spent about 30 minutes with nary a signal before we decided to move north a bit. Our next stop was Coquina Beach where I hit 1Q, 2P and this rather large "shell". It is spent, marked "L C 43" on the base. The red tide fall out was a little better, but we both were still hacking pretty bad from our first stop so we called it an early day. We compared notes on tones between his Beachhunter ID and my 250, found a few pulltabs and the ever elusive cokus canus, as well as the recently discussed variety of Coronas bottleus toppus. Nice to get out, but it will be much nicer when the air clears!

Upvote 0

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I have a bullet marked with similar markings but i forget what it is from, i think it might have been form a large caliber mounted machine gun. Red Tide is at Cape Cod too :'( But not as bad...

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

buudman

Mar 31, 2005
phila.pa
kev when i was down there last week the red tide an dead fish were bad on ew beach.but not bad at all on venice beach.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?bud

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got to go out today!

;)

That shell looks very familiar.... :D

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
I grew up around Cocoa Beach and the red tides were bad there on the Indian and Banana rivers.Did alittle vacationing on Long Boat Key.Great spot.

peace,bigrig

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread