oh my god.

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Georgia (And that's as specific as it's gonna get!
Detector(s) used
Eyes and hands, mainly. Sometimes I whip out the ol' sniffer...
Primary Interest:
Other
I just found 10 half dollar rolls of silver. Altogether, I have 192 40%ers, and 8 '64 Kennedys. I did the math: I found 31.2891 ounces of silver, which equals out to $1,027.18 in silver (at the spot price of 32.82-3). I paid $100 for them, so I actually made just over $900 dollars. The teller told me the customer had already searched through them...

I'm glad I decided to buy them anyways. Here's a picture:

ResizedImage_1350604328338.jpg

She also told me she had just sent back $1000 a couple days before. Many of those were customers rolls. The last 10 customer rolls she had... were these. I'm going to go lie down now. Enjoy the pictures...

Upvote 0

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you purchased 10 rolls why are there 11 stacks...:icon_scratch:

Can we get a break down of dates please? Any Barbers, Walkers or such?

OP
OP
Virgil

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope, just Kennedys. The two stacks at the top are partial stacks - the one on the right is 12 clad 40%ers, the one on the left is the 8 '64s. Time to eat now, then lie down...

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Sweet cull of silver. Silver when you least expect it. This is why you buy them all. I've had heated discussions with old-timers in which they were adamant that there was no silver in coins after '64.

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
If that previous searcher found out he be *trippin

*stupid auto correct

OP
OP
Virgil

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Get this: It doesn't stop there! I've started going through the MWRs I got with the CWRs ($110 in MWRs looked through so far) and lo and behold, my MWR skunks have come to an end - I'm finding some rolls with multiple 40% per roll! I've already made another clad roll, and I still have $380 in MWRs to go through :D I would provide a count, but... screw it, I don't care! I'M RICH, BIATCH!

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it when I have good days like that. Enjoy it, it's far too long between good scores...

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to order more boxes, the $1000 that got sent back might end up in them.

OP
OP
Virgil

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You need to order more boxes, the $1000 that got sent back might end up in them.

I was thinking about that myself, but I have no idea where to order them FROM in order to have a chance at having access to them. That bank's courier is Loomis, and my local WF uses Loomis, but that other bank is fairly far away (over an hour), so I'm not sure if I'd have a chance of getting the coins from those rolls if I ordered locally. I'm going to call tomorrow and ask if there's any way for them to get those rolls back, since she sent out the shipment that morning (ARHHHG!). Hey, no harm in asking, lol :p On the plus side, maybe that guy has been depositing for a while, because I scored nicely on the MWRs, as I mentioned - over a roll's worth of 40%ers, close to two rolls I think, and there's still half the MWRs left =) Time for my 4th CRH road trip to the same two towns, lol :D

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure, I guess any bank that uses Loomis in the area might get them, if they aren't sniped first. But I've heard from some people that the coins don't get shared with other banks, even if they both use the same armored car company.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope that pallet that has whatever was in those other $1k in rolls gets shipped to my area lol. I could go for a few monster boxes.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She also told me she had just sent back $1000 a couple days before. Many of those were customers rolls. The last 10 customer rolls she had... were these. I'm going to go lie down now. Enjoy the pictures...

It kind makes you wonder what was there in the other 90 rolls she had.

Either way nice to start of the weekend

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
That is a very nice find my friend. What hurts though is missing the ones the bank sent away. But for those of us who order boxes that is how we find the silver. Great profit and that is what it is all about profit and the thrill of the hunt.

Golden Silver

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score! Just another stellor example of what's still out there, and being replenished daily!

OP
OP
Virgil

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure, I guess any bank that uses Loomis in the area might get them, if they aren't sniped first. But I've heard from some people that the coins don't get shared with other banks, even if they both use the same armored car company.

You're talking between different actual banks, as opposed to different branches of the same bank, correct? Any idea if they get spread around among the branches, or if they also stay in the local area, as well? Because... I have one of those banks right near by...

:D

OP
OP
Virgil

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
By the way, I talked to the bank I got the monster rolls from today - As I suspected, there's no way to get them back, but I did get some extra info about the situation. Apparently, some lady had been hoarding, and finally decided to turn them in. The teller said there had been a number of rolls of bicentennials, and that she had separated them, so maybe there weren't that many silver rolls. That's what I'll try to convince myself, anyways, lol :p

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread