What's new

Oh, thats just a Canadian..... LOL

  • Thread starter Thread starter seger98
  • Start date Start date
S

seger98

Guest
Oh, that's just a Canadian..... LOL

Went to the bank today just to get a couple of rolls of quarters, wasn't intending to do any CRH. I looked at the tellers tray & noticed a silver edge in the dimes. I asked if I could see the second dime down & she said sure, (she was pretty young) when she took it out she said "Hmmm that looks different" Shirley did you see this one? Before the other teller could look at it I said, oh that's just a Canadian dime. So "Shirley" didn't even look at it & the young teller let me see it, picture down below! Quick thinking on my part!

Well after that score I asked if they had any rolls of halves, they had $180.00.

6 of the rolls came from the mint, picture down below

2 rolls came in plastic tubes & those were all 1971 D BU.

out of the remaining $100 I got only one 40%er!
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    77.6 KB · Views: 356
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    3.6 KB · Views: 290
Upvote 0
Re: Oh, that's just a Canadian..... LOL

No more haircuts for your village for a while, because you sniped the barber! =)

~Dave
 
Re: Oh, that's just a Canadian..... LOL

There were some old bird tellers that said that to me. Ohh thats just Canadian... and then when I asked to see it anyway she said she was saving it for another customer. I could tell she was getting a little uncomfortable. It was silver.....

Those are the tellers that make me mad.... that lie to your face.

Once I had a teller tell me that they threw away the canadian coins. So I asked if I could have them since they jsut thow them away. Then she changed her mind and said she couldnt because the other teller gives them to her husband who goes to canada alot. She changed her tune like that.... and all with a straight face. She was a real snake.
 
Re: Oh, that's just a Canadian..... LOL

By the way, it's a 1912 D
 
Re: Oh, that's just a Canadian..... LOL

Very nice grab! im pretty new to CRH and was wondering about barber's and merc's i havnt even actually seen 1 other then in pictures, and was just wondering if the edges do show up silver like a silver Roosevelt dime? i know this probably sounds dumb because i know they are made of silver but im just wondering if i should actually look at each and every coin when CRH dimes and not just the edges. well congrats!
 
Re: Oh, that's just a Canadian..... LOL

coltdavis said:
Very nice grab! im pretty new to CRH and was wondering about barber's and merc's i havnt even actually seen 1 other then in pictures, and was just wondering if the edges do show up silver like a silver Roosevelt dime? i know this probably sounds dumb because i know they are made of silver but im just wondering if i should actually look at each and every coin when CRH dimes and not just the edges. well congrats!


They do stand out on the edge, but you should look at every coin anyway, there can be errors, proofs ect. ect.
 
Re: Oh, that's just a Canadian..... LOL

seger98 said:
coltdavis said:
Very nice grab! im pretty new to CRH and was wondering about barber's and merc's i havnt even actually seen 1 other then in pictures, and was just wondering if the edges do show up silver like a silver Roosevelt dime? i know this probably sounds dumb because i know they are made of silver but im just wondering if i should actually look at each and every coin when CRH dimes and not just the edges. well congrats!


They do stand out on the edge, but you should look at every coin anyway, there can be errors, proofs ect. ect.

Assuming you have the time, possibly a loop, and you don't search hundreds and hundres of thousands of coins in a short amount of time. =)


And bigtime... if you want to hate on tellers for doing that, you need to hate on seger and every other CRH'er who does the same type of stuff. Are you sure you haven't done something similar yourself?

~Dave
 
Re: Oh, that's just a Canadian..... LOL

Awesome job spying that "Canadian coin"!!! - LOL
 
Re: Oh, that's just a Canadian..... LOL

another barber....that is so cool...yeah tellers like that make me mad also....she should have been more observant and removed anything she wanted...not wait until someone points it out to them and then hold it back....but i have to agree with Dave also as all's fair in CRH
 
Re: Oh, that's just a Canadian..... LOL

LOL! I don't need my reading glasses to see "United States of America"! As far as looking at each and every date, do it, that is, if you have one box in front of you. If you want to get 12 boxes outa the way, and are looking at dates, I will see ya next week! AMC
 
Re: Oh, that's just a Canadian..... LOL

Nice find.I only found one barber dime myself and that was in the coin return. I hope you don't mind, i brightened up your picture a little.
 

Attachments

  • 002[1].webp
    002[1].webp
    3.4 KB · Views: 152
Re: Oh, that's just a Canadian..... LOL

mountainman 2 said:
Nice find.I only found one barber dime myself and that was in the coin return. I hope you don't mind, i brightened up your picture a little.

Yeah, I do need a new camera! Thanks..


Chris
 
Re: Oh, that's just a Canadian..... LOL

Nice work Seger! Awesome find on the dime. I have yet to find any half mint rolls like that. That would be a cool pickup. Congrats!!!
 
Re: Oh, that's just a Canadian..... LOL

LJ said:
Nice work Seger! Awesome find on the dime. I have yet to find any half mint rolls like that. That would be a cool pickup. Congrats!!!


I'm not sure why the bank would have had them, other then some coin dealer turning them in? they don't get halves straight from the mint do they?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom