Oil..... Why wont anyone address this????

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's easy to figure out. Problem is, we have an administration that is either clueless or helpless.
Cars and trucks could be built to run with hydrogen on demand systems. (fill your tank with water)

In the meantime we could open up our reserves and drill baby drill, and force the building of new refineries.
But it would take a strong leader to see that through.

Billions of Americas dollars are leaving the country daily to buy foreign oil.
That money leaves our economy forever >:(

The economy will never recover until people have money left over to spend on stuff after paying for their gasoline.
The price of that stuff is also related to transportation costs.

Get the price of transportation down, keep our transportation dollars in America, and the economy is fixed automatically :icon_thumleft:

GG~

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
For Americans to totally "buy American" those smaller and cheaper gas suppliers will have to open stations on every street corner in every city and town...i don't think they can do that?
And how long before the big companies saw what had happened and bought them out or forced hostile takeovers and you'd be back to square one?
Buying only American is all well and good for a minority,but if the nearest "all American" gas station isn't placed "conveniently" for every person...it won't work!

What the big companies know is that humans are lazy and want anything and everything as conveniently as possible..if not easier!
Take "fast food". I defy anyone to tell me they prefer "fast food" over a good self or home cooked meal? "Fast food" should be something like a once weekly treat, but it's not, It's a massive world wide, multi billion dollar way of life!
We know it's all crap and unhealthy, but it's quick, convenient and saves us the hassle of cooking something better ourselves.
We're lazy! Plain and simple. That's why you can have two differently owned gas stations a few yards apart, one with slightly cheaper gas, yet both have enough customers to make it all pay. The ones at the dearer gas station have always bought their gas from that company, or are just too lazy to sit in the queue at the cheaper one across the road...Laziness!

So no...the "buy only American" crusade will only ever be a minority no matter what the consequences may be, because it's just human nature nowadays to be lazy, selfish and have a "@&*# the world" kind of mentality!!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Maybe your voices were heard, I heard rumor that fuel prices would drop 50 cents per gallon over the Memorial Day Weekend.
Yeah I heard that a couple weeks ago on the local "news". Two days later it dropped 10 cents here. It has crept back up 2-3 cents since then and holding steady. Ummm, Memorial day? that's this weekend, is it not? :dontknow: ::)
More political rhetoric to appease the masses.

I know you don't believe that crap Spart. :wink:

Wow this thread is still going.... amazing.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
spartacus53 said:
Maybe your voices were heard, I heard rumor that fuel prices would drop 50 cents per gallon over the Memorial Day Weekend.
Yeah I heard that a couple weeks ago. Two days later it dropped 10 cents here. It has crept back up 2-3 cents since then and holding steady. Ummm, Memorial day? that's this weekend, is it not? :dontknow: ::)
More political rhetoric to appease the masses.

I know you don't believe that crap Spart. :wink:

Wow this thread is still going.... amazing.
Yeah, and I heard, he thought he was going to get, "beamed up", last weekend too! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to add fuel to this thread (yeah, it was a pun).... Think of how much money the Govt makes per gallon... We should be as peeved at them as we are big oil... WTF are they doing with all THAT money?? Roads? Yeah, right...

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Dano Sverige said:
For Americans to totally "buy American" those smaller and cheaper gas suppliers will have to open stations on every street corner in every city and town...i don't think they can do that?
And how long before the big companies saw what had happened and bought them out or forced hostile takeovers and you'd be back to square one?
Buying only American is all well and good for a minority,but if the nearest "all American" gas station isn't placed "conveniently" for every person...it won't work!

What the big companies know is that humans are lazy and want anything and everything as conveniently as possible..if not easier!
Take "fast food". I defy anyone to tell me they prefer "fast food" over a good self or home cooked meal? "Fast food" should be something like a once weekly treat, but it's not, It's a massive world wide, multi billion dollar way of life!
We know it's all crap and unhealthy, but it's quick, convenient and saves us the hassle of cooking something better ourselves.
We're lazy! Plain and simple. That's why you can have two differently owned gas stations a few yards apart, one with slightly cheaper gas, yet both have enough customers to make it all pay. The ones at the dearer gas station have always bought their gas from that company, or are just too lazy to sit in the queue at the cheaper one across the road...Laziness!

So no...the "buy only American" crusade will only ever be a minority no matter what the consequences may be, because it's just human nature nowadays to be lazy, selfish and have a "@&*# the world" kind of mentality!!

Valero and Murphy are huge companies. Valero has allied with Stripes connivance stores and is on every corner in Texas thus. Murphy Oil is found at each Wal-Mart supercenter. You might be right Dano, Americans might be too lazy to go to these stations because they are a block futher, but I ain't. I gotta fill up today and Valero it will be. You know you image of lazy Americans might hold water but I do not really think so. Yes, it is easy to find those types of people, but it is easier to find those with a backbone and principals. I say the majority of the Americans say #@$% the world if they say %$#@ America and we will buy our own and take care of our own.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Fair enough mate. Admittedly i have no idea how big those oil companies are so if you say it'd be feasible then i'll go with that.
And i only said "lazy Americans" because the question was about Americans buying only American. The rest of us are just as lazy and spend too much time looking for convenience instead of using common sense.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Murphy Oil Just make sure you don't buy Murphy Oil Soap, your car will have a clean engine and blow bubbles for days :laughing9:

diggummup, gas has already dropped nearly 30 cents here already :thumbsup:

pat-tekker-cat, me getting beamed up? You're clawing up the wrong tree there, I'm going straight to h3ll :laughing7:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
diggummup, gas has already dropped nearly 30 cents here already :thumbsup:
Well, your a lucky one then. It figures I mean why would I expect the prices here to drop when not more than 5 miles away is Port Everglades. Every day, oil tankers deliver about 12.5 million gallons of petroleum products to Port Everglades. More than 50 percent of that is gasoline. More than a dozen major oil companies have offices at Port Everglades and operate petroleum terminals and pipelines. So yeah, of course I wouldn't expect the price of gasoline to drop by any significant amount around here. I mean that would make sense. What was I thinking?

BTW- What are you paying up there? I found gas for $3.79 today, the cheapest in months and drove 5 miles to get it. ::) whoop dee do! To what do I owe the honor of such privilege? >:(

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup I'll let you know this weekend when I fill up. :laughing7: I get confused on the prices because I alternate between diesel and gas cars. Good thing is that diesel is also down about the same. Was $4.19 now $3.89 I'll refill the gas guzzler on Friday and hope for the best ;D

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Dano Sverige said:
Fair enough mate. Admittedly i have no idea how big those oil companies are so if you say it'd be feasible then i'll go with that.
And i only said "lazy Americans" because the question was about Americans buying only American. The rest of us are just as lazy and spend too much time looking for convenience instead of using common sense.

And I grant you Dano once again, as I did in my last post, you may be right. As for those two companies they are HUGE. If you cannot find a Wal Mart you live in a town as small as my home town of 450 in Tennessee. If you cannot find a Valero you don't live in Texas. It does make it possible to buy gas from American producers in a vast majority of the United States. For me it is very easy but I did not realize it, so there is my lazyness. I did not know Valero bought only American. I filled up 3 hours ago at the local Valero. I think armed with this knowledge Americans will refuse to sell themselves down the river and I for one will take it upon myself to let all my friends know. Again you may be right but I ask you, is that a reason for Americans like myself to lie down and give up?

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
Not at all mate. Nobody should ever just lie down and give up. Washington himself thought it was the craziest thing ever to go to war against Britain, and we all know how he ended up!
I just think most people are all just way too lazy and selfish these days to bother about how their actions will effect others. Just saying that unless you can get the whole country behind you...which you can't...then any protest supporting American jobs/products is doomed to failure, and won't affect the big companies enough for them to even call a board meeting about it!

We live in a sad world!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sad thing is when people no longer have the will to fight the good fight or believe that they are powerless against the odds.
That is not what America is about.

When the going gets tough the tough get going and heaven help anyone who stands in the way. At least that's what Americans used to believe. We are a nation of fighters not quitters.

Of course the liberal wussies think differently and they have raised their children to be wussies as well. Thank God there are still red blooded Americans who are willing to fight for what is right and not believe everything that is spoon fed to them by government lackeys and liberal media loons.

GG~

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This might explain why we are having problems:
"In a presidential memorandum following up on Executive Order 13514 of Oct. 5, 2009, Obama informed agencies that by Dec. 31, 2015, "all new light-duty vehicles leased or purchased by agencies must be alternative fueled vehicles, such as hybrid or electric, compressed natural gas, or biofuel."

In addition, "alternative fueled vehicles must, as soon as practicable, be located in proximity to fueling stations with available alternative fuels, and be operated on the alternative fuel for which the vehicle is designed," he said."

So, say you are in a remote location where many of our federal agencies are located. You HAVE to, by executive order, pay extra money to buy alternative fuel vehicles. Most of these areas don't offer alternative fuels but yet the vehicle must "be located in proximity to fueling stations with available alternative fuels, and operated on the alternative fuel for which the vehicle is designed"

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
This might explain why we are having problems:
"In a presidential memorandum following up on Executive Order 13514 of Oct. 5, 2009, Obama informed agencies that by Dec. 31, 2015, "all new light-duty vehicles leased or purchased by agencies must be alternative fueled vehicles, such as hybrid or electric, compressed natural gas, or biofuel."

In addition, "alternative fueled vehicles must, as soon as practicable, be located in proximity to fueling stations with available alternative fuels, and be operated on the alternative fuel for which the vehicle is designed," he said."

So, say you are in a remote location where many of our federal agencies are located. You HAVE to, by executive order, pay extra money to buy alternative fuel vehicles. Most of these areas don't offer alternative fuels but yet the vehicle must "be located in proximity to fueling stations with available alternative fuels, and operated on the alternative fuel for which the vehicle is designed"
Obama won't even be around in 2015 and the "order" will be null and void by then. IMO

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
I drive a Lexus hybrid..so POTUS can KMA! :tongue3:

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Dano Sverige said:
I drive a Lexus hybrid..so POTUS can KMA! :tongue3:

My wife drives a Mercury hybrid and I drive a gas guzzling Dakota R/T with a huge 360 ci sb motor.
POTEU can Lick MA!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread