Goes4ever
Silver Member
- Joined
- Jan 30, 2008
- Messages
- 4,949
- Reaction score
- 2,326
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- NorthWest Ohio
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
with finding the buffalo nickel yesterday I almost forgot about this little guy, what is it? It rang up under the gold/foil area on my Ace 250
I tried to take pictures of it from all sides, penny is for size comparison. If I did not have a pinpointer I would have NEVER located this, that is for sure!!!
It is hard, and it definately is not foil, and it is gold in color.
Ok what is it, anyway possible it IS gold? I doubt it but I had to ask. I am impressed the Ace 250 found this with it being so SMALL!
I tried to take pictures of it from all sides, penny is for size comparison. If I did not have a pinpointer I would have NEVER located this, that is for sure!!!
It is hard, and it definately is not foil, and it is gold in color.
Ok what is it, anyway possible it IS gold? I doubt it but I had to ask. I am impressed the Ace 250 found this with it being so SMALL!
Someone mentioned that it might be a melted gold tooth. I was thinking to myself....if it is...then it was a mighty big tooth.
Maybe it is a little gold mixed in with some mercury (isn't that what they use to use to fill teeth with before they found out it was bad for you?). That would explain the size. (a gold tooth along with a couple of mercury filled teeth)

Dang even I have an amateur geologist and rock hound in my town of max 15 people! (lol myself) 







