What's new

Ok I tried it

Minnie

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
43
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
I have been reading so much on the great finds you all have found that I thought I would try it. So when I went to my bank I skipped the drive thru and went in instead. I asked if they had any half’s. The teller said she had 7 rolls. Not reading the newbie sticky yet ;D I only got 2 rolls at the time. Went back 2 weeks later (same teller) and I got the rest and she still had them.
They were all rolled in paper so thought that might be a good thing. One even had someone’s account number on them so she magic markered over it.
Out of the 7 rolls I got
1 - Silver (1964)
25 - 40%
and 22 Bicentennials which I will keep just because I think they are cool.

~~Minnie
 
Upvote 0
Great job, nothing like beginners luck to get you started off right. Keep at it and good luck...Ryan
 
First welcome Minnie. Glad you joined in.

Congrats on the silver. That is a great start. Keep plugging and that stash will grow. Keep us posted on your next search.

BTW - I love hitting the banks......you just never know what is sitting in those vaults.
 
Thanks all, Ill try it again but I only have the one bank account so I might have already gotten all they have. For now anyways.
It was a weird feeling doing that, after doing good in the first two rolls, going back for the rest it was like I was getting something for nothing and It didnt cost me anything.
As for getting rid of the ones I wont keep, my dump bank can be my son who always asks me for money anyways. ;D

~~Minnie
 
Minnie said:
Thanks all, Ill try it again but I only have the one bank account so I might have already gotten all they have.
Minnie, welcome to the sanatorium. ;D
Don't limit yourself to your own bank. Go to every bank you can find. You will only find a few where they say you must be a member, but that is probably just a teller making corporate policy.

Minnie said:
As for getting rid of the ones I wont keep, my dump bank can be my son who always asks me for money anyways.
That is one lucky son. I have gone through over $50,000 so far in halves. When you get hooked make sure that your son invests it wisely. ::) Or get him hooked on it and have him carry those heavy boxes.
 
Nice % !!!
Welcome to the hotel Coinifornia.
 
Hey if you like bicentennials I will gladly trade you all of mine for cash!
 
TXTim said:
Nice % !!!
Welcome to the hotel Coinifornia.

No kidding! I am finding myself holding up the lines at stores because Im staring at dates before forking over the change, or Im staring at the take a penny dish looking for wheats. One cashier lady thought I coudn't count she said "you have enough honey".OMG that was embarrassing.
Cyberdan.. LOL I can guarentee my son is not going to get rich from my leftover halfs.
DrDetector..Your pic there looks like my kid after I tell him no he can not have any gas money :D

~~Minnie
 
Na, that's just me standing on my porch back in February when it was like -9 degrees here in Pittsburgh. Ha, maybe I should change it.
 
Welcome to the club. If you don't want to go to other banks, ask yours if they can order a box ($500) of halves or two for you. Many will once or twice before the decide they don't want to.

Great job, and happy hunting.

HH.
 
Great ratio Minnie. Like others have said, go to every bank you can. I've only been denied once for not being a member. Most banks WANT to get rid of their halves. My bank orders $700 in halves every week and I have a couple other banks that will order them if I ask. One said they will even take back my rejects if they're rolled. I prefer taking them to a local casino for dumping. I don't have to roll them and I can get in a little gambling. Good luck with your new addiction.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom