OKM??

kaloy

Aug 21, 2005
Detector(s) used
gemini 3, TM 808
I saw one time a 3D representation of a scanned metal box, the shape is distinct (sides are not hazy)and the color(red, like the flesh of a water melon) is also distinct.
I also saw the scan result of a void area, the color is black and the sides of the void are distinct and very clear.
The one posted above is an example of a scan result with indistinct shape and color, therefore, should be interpreted 'doubtful'...

HiiiQ

Nov 6, 2004
Re: OKM

I just found out that another friend of mine is selling his OKM rover for 10,000 euro. He will take a significant loss but I figure it's a tax he will have to pay for neglecting his physics in high school....

jesus

May 9, 2009
Hi H iiiQ. I have questioned about the technic used for rober c from okm and anybody say nothing about this. I supossed is pulse induction with software and magnetometer too, but realy what it is ? because they say has a range of 18 meteres underground. How is possible with a battery of 9 V in rober c 2003 ?.

An Ri Rua

Apr 7, 2008
On da money
Detector(s) used
Mermet brass pendulum; Aqua Locator (antique), Luddite Skeptic detector
Re: OKM

HiiiQ said:
OKM makes only magnetometers and dowsing rods. Both equally worthless in treasure hunting/archeology. The big boys prefer something with big coils and lots of power...
http://www.geo-western.com/em/em.htm

??

You can't know very much about dowsing so? There have been many archaeological (and treasure) finds attributed to dowsing in the UK. I know very little about magnetometers but can say that your brush-off of dowsing is unwarranted. The facts are there in the UK if you care to research.

HiiiQ

Nov 6, 2004
A week ago I found out that somebody I know went to Germany to buy a georadar. He has less than average inteligence ,so I sent him a very simple text message- "Never ever buy anything by OKM. Even if it's free do not take it". Guess what? He bought an OKM for 10,000 euro and he's coming back in a couple of days. What do you say to such extreme stupidity? I give up. Just like the lottery is a tax for people who don't know math, OKM is punishment for people who are extremely dumb and deserve to lose there money and who will ,for the rest of there miserable lives look at pictures of rust spots in the ground.

berkw

Tenderfoot
Nov 28, 2009
I wish I would have seen this thread sooner, because I have actually spent time in the offices of OKM in Germany. First of all, when you show up at their headquarters and are ushered inside the prefab ( read one step up from a double wide trailer ) offices, the display of treasure symbols and trinkets gives you the feeling that their marketing style is right out of the book used by the guys who traded some blankets and glass beads for the island of Manhatten. Don't misunderstand me, they've got a couple of engineers on board that are well educated and experienced in geophysics. They also are doing thier best to strap alot of bells and whistles on some pretty standard equipment and present the best case senario when describing its performance. When you start asking specific questions, they quite readily admit to the limitations of thier equipment. If on the other hand, you don't know the right questions to ask, they have no qualms about selling you a piece of equipment that should realistically be priced at about 15-25% of what they are charging for it.
We didn't have any conversations about their LRL products simply because after our question and answer session, it was obvious from the looks on thier faces that they didn't have much that was going to hold up well in the light of our very pointed questions, and would be a whole lot more comfortable if we would just go away. They were not rude in any way, but it was not difficult to see the disappointment on their faces when they realized we were well prepared for the meeting.
Berk

alexismex

Greenie
Oct 7, 2008
Hello HiiiQ,
Tell to your friend that he can sell his okm 4000 because it is a bad equipment....
One week ago a friend go to visit me with is okm 4000 , he buy it 3 month ago and
we go to our test field.....
The result is very poor this equipment 4000 do not detect a 200 liters tank at 3 meters but pi connected with a mini logger
detect very well (see in my post the photo of the logging)....
and i tell him try this target a 10 liters tank at 1,20 meters depth ....... and nothing it try two times ...making
a good grid and the routine check up ....and you see nothing in the display after the download.....
My friend will return at Kellyco Miami vendors the unit to exchange with a minelab detector or whatever equipment working good
with loosing a good money!!!! sorry
It is my sincere testimony but for the people who did not believe me , buy it , test it and you will see >:(
Alexis.

jesus

May 9, 2009
There are some inputs about okm, good an bads. If this it is not like the vendor say and then this is a fraud and like that must be looked by law.I do not know if there is a law departament about this kind of vendors.

jesus

May 9, 2009
Can we think same about runabout from accurate locators ? or this devices are so good like the vendor say ?.

jesus

May 9, 2009
Yes HiiQ, but they say you can detect from iron to gold in veins, you can see a video in wich the pinpointer is detecing an ore vein, and if this it is a magnetometer too then the vendor is not telling the true, because magnetometers do not detect gold. I belive there are some people using this kind of devices about accurate locators, I do not why they say nothing about this devices and about okm are many negative inputs or is about comercial strategies.?.

jesus

May 9, 2009
Any input about accuratelocators runabout ? if they are magnetometers too then how detect ore bodies ?, same for pinpointer etc.

jesus

May 9, 2009
Hi guys! Any inputs to my comments above?? Or should we consider accurate locaters is also a fraud like OKM ??
Please advise.... :icon_scratch:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Re: OKM?? the truth about gpr!!

First off this is about true GPR abilities. I am retired now, but I worked in a position where I heard a lot about government GPR projects. It works! First off let me explain that the color in a GPR image is a false color generated by the softwear. Metal is usually shown in red. Green is used for the the normal undisturbed soil of the area. Blue is normaly used to show distubed soil. Yellow is sometimes used to show disturbed soil that varries from blue in compactness or variety.
Now lets get into the nitty gritty. The West coast weather sattelite was launched a while back and it failed shortly thereafter. Why! Because it had international access and a GPR that just happened to pick up submerged objects like subs. Years ago the USA launched two Lacross sattelites. They had GPR units. I saw the results of a flight across Gettsburg. You could clearly see every treanch that had ever been dug, every cannonball in the ground, every grave of every soldier that still remained, plus every thing else in the ground. It was flown over the US/Mexico border and showed a tunnel 20' deep crossing the border I believe it was in the Texas area. All this years ago. So I know the technology works. When the day comes that a manfacturer can prove his unit is a true GPR,I will buy it. Until then let the buyer beware!!

HiiiQ

Nov 6, 2004
Frankn ,my first tought was to ask you -what have you been smoking? But no amount of grass could have such effect on your brain. Maybe 99thpercentile will also comment on your post if he ever reads it.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
HIIIQ: I was just trying to add a little insite to the subject. For your info. I don't smoke & I don't drink. I have been around for 70+ years so I have seen quite a bit more than you. I have worked in engineering and have been in black badge areas where you couldn't even get in the door! But you do seem to enjoy yourself and basicly thats what counts in life.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good morning HI: You posted to Frankn ---> Frankn ,my first thought was to ask you -what have you been smoking? But no amount of grass could have such effect on your brain. Maybe 99thpercentile will also comment on your post if he ever reads it.
??? just what is your problem with him?
_________________________________________________________________________________

TST: You posted --> The physics of it are all that matters - it takes much more energy than you can put into a handheld detector to believe that a rechargable battery pack or packs will allow you to do anything that is claimed by these people
?? I can many times go around the world, or thousands of miles, with a small hand held transmitter, certainly I can receive transmissions with only a coil of wire, and a galena crystal acting as a rectifier. Where does this enormous power requirement come from?

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. I haven't the slightest bit of data on the OK instrument, or a true interest in it. It effectively does not fit into my arsenal of detecting tools, so far, just on the tenor of the posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread