What's new

Old Florida beach silver

Gary Drayton

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
357
Reaction score
663
Golden Thread
2
Location
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of these silver coins are from my last 4 South Florida beach and water hunts using my CTX 3030 I have found at least 6 ounces of silver jewelry in November, chains, rings, pendants, ear rings etc.
 

Attachments

  • Beach silver.webp
    Beach silver.webp
    271.5 KB · Views: 477
Upvote 0
Thats amazing. The beach that keeps on giving. You are having a blast. Have a Happy Turkey day. Papa
 
I congratulate on these finds!!!
 
And here I thought there were no more SILVER coins tobe found in the South! Boy! Was I wrong! :notworthy:
 
I'm going down next week. And will be using my new CTX 3030. So it looks like I have some hope. Thanks. :)
 
Gary, don't you just love that beach- blackened beach-kissed silver? It wouldn't be half as fun if they came off the wet-salt beach all candy-apple clean .... now would it?? haha I love seeing those black discs clinking around in my sand basket :)
 
When I first started I wondered why the silver from the beaches were black but those from the land were still silver looking. Now I don't wonder as I just try to find more. You did very good.
 
Congrats on some great finds. Hope you keep slammin the beach where you are detecting, best of luck.
 
Your killing me! I had surgery on my foot and the other foot is schedule for December. Won't be able to hunt until atleast April.
 
Sandman, an old friend of mine (passed on), used to tell stories of going to his grandmothers over their in Sabastian/fort piierce area when they were young, 1930's and so. They would find these black discs on the beach. Being kids, they thought they were great for skipping across the water, back into the ocean.

Pete said they must skipped thousands of $'s back into the ocean, never knowing.......
Great going G.D.! Thanks for sharing all that you do with us!
 
Sandman, an old friend of mine (passed on), used to tell stories of going to his grandmothers over their in Sabastian/fort piierce area when they were young, 1930's and so. They would find these black discs on the beach. Being kids, they thought they were great for skipping across the water, back into the ocean.

Pete said they must skipped thousands of $'s back into the ocean, never knowing.......
Great going G.D.! Thanks for sharing all that you do with us!


The museum down there tells the story of the first guy to figure out that the 1715 fleet went aground there says he was a silver skipper for years be for a friend of his told him what they where.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom