Help if possible,
I found this gun in backyard, This may help I live in darke county ohio near greenville.
this has had me baffled for years. I have researched no date i can make out or marks
gun is 5"long possibly missing peices
Looks like a velo dog to me also. They were produced so people riding bicycles could shoot dogs that were chasing them. Not as powerful as a regular .22 long rifle. That is a great find...d2
From what I gather, as well as being hammerless (actually the hammer was encased) the trigger was also a 'fold down' making it a 'safety revolver'. At 5" you could stick it any place, pull it out and not shoot yourself!
It is post Civil War, probably WWI or a little earlier era. The trigger would have folded forward and dropped down to fire it. Most of the were cheaply made and this one looks like it gave up the ghost and was discarded. Nice find just the same and really unusual to see one that survived the years. I doubt it has great worth though. Monty