mcgodfrey
Tenderfoot
- Joined
- Jan 3, 2016
- Messages
- 4
- Reaction score
- 5
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Old Large Anchor 10'6 X 7'2 Solid Iron, How old is it and what is the value?
Hello to all and thank you in advance for any information that you can provide. I came across this anchor and all I can tell you about it is that it is solid iron and extremely heavy. I would estimate around 1500-2000 lbs.. The dimensions are 10'6 X 7'2 . The back story on it is that it was found in the Atlantic many years ago by a scallop captain. It was hooked by their fishing line and then winched up and then onto the deck. He brought it home and it has sat in his yard approx. 40 years. Today it found a new home. I'd love to know all I can about it.
Thank you

Hello to all and thank you in advance for any information that you can provide. I came across this anchor and all I can tell you about it is that it is solid iron and extremely heavy. I would estimate around 1500-2000 lbs.. The dimensions are 10'6 X 7'2 . The back story on it is that it was found in the Atlantic many years ago by a scallop captain. It was hooked by their fishing line and then winched up and then onto the deck. He brought it home and it has sat in his yard approx. 40 years. Today it found a new home. I'd love to know all I can about it.
Thank you


? I don't have a pool to soak it in and its very difficult to maneuver, I was thinking of mounting it upright in my yard. I'm not opposed to painting it but really like the old crusty natural look. I have thought about pressure washing it and using an automotive clear coat to seal it in. Any thoughts about that? Any idea of value? 






