What's new

Old Measuring Item

ALAMOTX

Full Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Found these two copper items in the same hole near a 1878 house.

One has measurements from 0-24 going by 4s

the other says Arrantel Alliance?

Any help is appreciated! :icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • ebay 004.webp
    ebay 004.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 357
  • ebay 005.webp
    ebay 005.webp
    49.2 KB · Views: 366
  • ebay 006.webp
    ebay 006.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 368
The numbered part is definitely part of an old spring balance. I guess the scale is in ounces.

spring4.webp

http://www.s-a-w.net/scalescom/scales/scaleidx.htm

You could contact the linked site for more information.

The other part , I suspect is also part of the balance.
Are you sure about the first word - could it possibly be "Warrented" ?

Mike
 
Upvote 0
I think both pieces are to a scale. I think the piece on the left is the botom to the piece on the right.
 
Upvote 0
I remember - way back - when we had a couple of them for weighing fish.

Of course, they were used for weighing all sorts of things besides fish. When my grandfather used to buy seed, they would hang a cloth bag on the hanging scale, zero it, and then put in 3 or 4 pounds of seed.

Kewl stuff!

Beth
 

Attachments

  • hanging scales.webp
    hanging scales.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 801
Upvote 0
WARRANTED BALLANCE (spelled with 2 L's) in other words guaranteed accurate. :) green check, pic from Macks post, good ID from trikikiwi.

warranted balance.webp
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom