I found this one in the Sea with my Vibratector 720 on vacations, near old Roman sea port.... It is big as 2€ coin, heavy... to me looks old, silver, Roman pendant...
I have no idea so any info if welcome...
Sorry Templar, but this is definitely not a Roman object. The design look much younger. The letter M at the bottom right is in gothic script, making it therefore a medieval or post-medieval pendant. I have a feeling that it is not older than 15th century. I have no idea what the meaning of those symbols is. Looks a bit mystic or magical. A charm to ward off evil? Or perhaps it’s a self-made pendant of a goth (a modern one, not one of those 4th-6th century barbarian Goths).
I agree that it is not Roman origin (though I'm no expert), the finish on the medallion has distinct striations from machine grinding. Particularly noticable on the front. Also on the base of the bale on the back.
Many thanx to all...I never figure it out alone!
I have test it also for silver... result: no silver!
Anyway Im happy with this find... I love mystery items when I dig and explore...