What's new

Older Tesoro machine!

Freakn

Full Member
Joined
May 21, 2018
Messages
114
Reaction score
597
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wondering if anyone out there used a older Tesoro machine name eldorado that ten turn manual ground balance? It killer relic machine and gold machine too a all purpose machine overall ? I can’t wait to add it to the other Tesoro machines!
 
I may know of someone who has one. Give me a few days to find out.
 
It is NOT a gold nugget hunter, but it IS a coin and jewelry KILLER!

[h=5]SPECIFICATIONS[/h][TABLE="class: spec"]
[TR]
[TD]Operating Frequency[/TD]
[TD]10.6 kHz, 10.4 kHz, 10.2 kHz[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Searchcoil Type[/TD]
[TD]Concentric[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Searchcoil Size[/TD]
[TD]9 x 8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cable Length[/TD]
[TD]Approx. 3’[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Audio Frequency[/TD]
[TD]Approx. 630 Hz[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Audio Output[/TD]
[TD]1½” speaker and headphone jack[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Headphone Compatibility[/TD]
[TD]¼” stereo plug[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Weight (may vary slightly)[/TD]
[TD]2.2 lbs[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Battery Requirement[/TD]
[TD]One 9 volt DC (alkaline)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Battery Life (typical)[/TD]
[TD]10 to 20 hours[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Optimum Temperature Range[/TD]
[TD]30° to 100° F[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Optimum Humidity[/TD]
[TD]0 to 75% R.H.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Operating Modes[/TD]
[TD]No-motion All Metal[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Silent Search Discriminate

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
 
Thank Terry!

There is a selection area of the manual that talks about gold nugget hunting and how to set up the machine and use the 8 1/2 inch wide scan coil! I did some research on the machine it was listed by Tesoro that year the machine was made as gold nugget and reilc machine !
 

Attachments

  • BB09701C-154F-4096-B358-20E5FB87A5E5.webp
    BB09701C-154F-4096-B358-20E5FB87A5E5.webp
    323.6 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Never knew of an older Eldorado with a 9x8 coil or that used a 9v battery. The newer ones did.
I owned one in the early 80s and it held its own for that time with relics and coins.
It was one of the early silent search detectors. Going from a threshold detector was quite the trick as I had perfected the deep faint signal tic in the threshold that meant deep, old. The silent search detectors like the Eldorado sent me back to the drawing board for a time.
Saw a fellow using one couple weeks ago. He had a pocket full of relics in a tough, iron filled sight.
g
 
The older eldorado is a great like the bandio 1 and 2 with white box then went plastic box are great machines for doing manual ground balancing it easy but some machine still hold there weight for being old
 
I have a eldorado u max. My first time out it found 3 eagle buttons in heavy iron using the 9x8. I now have 4 coils for it. It’s in like new shape. Was built in 2001. Seems like a real tame vaquero. I’ve only used it twice. Now it’s back in the box. I have only heard good things about the older ones.
 
I have one 1987
 
I wondering if anyone out there used a older Tesoro machine name eldorado that ten turn manual ground balance? It killer relic machine and gold machine too a all purpose machine overall ? I can’t wait to add it to the other Tesoro machines!

I bought my Tesoro Eldorado new in 1987 and has had years of great Relic hunts with it, I sent it in to Tesoro for a tune up to Carl about 4 years ago and he told me this is still a very good detector hands down one of their best models ever made, I don't use it much now but still a workhorse! Just bought a new MX Sport so getting back out a detecting more again :occasion14:
IMG_4341.webp
IMG_4340.webp
IMG_4334.webp
IMG_4338.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom