Omg, what type of cave is this? 30 feet long and 6 ft. Deep..

Stella van gogh

Jun 29, 2022
20221002_121429.jpg

Last edited:

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! ...around 33K, IIRC.

I had another bike (Kawasaki KLR650) to ride to work, etc., so I was able to keep the mileage fairly low. I haven't had it on the road in three or four seasons. I need to re-do some carb work on it (wasn't designed for ethanol-laced gasoline and had some issues; already had to replace the original carbs) and get it out next season. I love it dearly. :love10:
Ohhh, I bleed green👍 send me those carbs and I'll build um for ya😁
Once again super sweet ride buddy, both

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use a gopro and a long paint pole and check it out. The entrance looks like a trap. You said there is another entrance? Any knapped flint in the area?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Stella van gogh

Jun 29, 2022
Oh my, It feels so good to be around fellow treasure seekers whether it be gold, fossils, or whatever puts us all in crazy trances that we would rather be digging and exploring than anything else in the world....
Thankyou for all of your serious comments mixed with humor
I will be off the grid for a few days then I will head back out to cave with my backpack full of guns, drones, holy water, garlic around my neck, helmet , headlight, and my Indiana Jones Hat and leather whip...
Did I leave anything out? Bahahaha! Truly, I will get more detailed pics and post next week...

Upvote 6

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
I would not enter it. But, you could do something that we did in the Army in Vietnam, when we found tunnels , bunkers, caves. Place something that creates a LOT of smoke just inside the cave . Cover the entrance with a tarp & look for smoke coming out of different areas . That could find a different exit/entrance & also an escape route, if someone did enter it. Allow all smoke to clear for a long time !!

Upvote 7

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I give up but gotta know. What's an rc truck?

Radio Controlled

My grandson has one that will go just about anywhere..

Upvote 1

HunterNC

Greenie
Dec 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome cool find. I would not share it with the Lagenas brothers.

If you look very carefully about 3 feet to the right of the metal ring and maybe a foot above it you will see what looks like a very tiny arrow with a right angle and in it pointing down. Almost looks like graphics added to the picture but there is a small blade of grass going across it on the end. Does anybody else see it and have a clue what it is?

My guess this is a test pit for a mine and the metal ring is some form of leftover mining equipment. A lot of copper mines in that area and few iron and gold as well. The stone is to shore up the entrance so it does not collapse.

With that said I would be careful about going in. I doubt it would collapse but certainly would not try without a few friends, safety helmit, rope, and shovels. Probably through a few lit torches and a couple of fire crackers in first to see what happens. When you go back, check the spider webs carefully and see if they are disturbed which would indicate the presence of a larger animal.

Upvote 4

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome cool find. I would not share it with the Lagenas brothers.

If you look very carefully about 3 feet to the right of the metal ring and maybe a foot above it you will see what looks like a very tiny arrow with a right angle and in it pointing down. Almost looks like graphics added to the picture but there is a small blade of grass going across it on the end. Does anybody else see it and have a clue what it is?

My guess this is a test pit for a mine and the metal ring is some form of leftover mining equipment. A lot of copper mines in that area and few iron and gold as well. The stone is to shore up the entrance so it does not collapse.

With that said I would be careful about going in. I doubt it would collapse but certainly would not try without a few friends, safety helmit, rope, and shovels. Probably through a few lit torches and a couple of fire crackers in first to see what happens. When you go back, check the spider webs carefully and see if they are disturbed which would indicate the presence of a larger animal.
Can some highlight where the metal ring is, my old eyes aren’t seeing is.

Upvote 0

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can some highlight where the metal ring is, my old eyes aren’t seeing is.
Just to the left of my red circle above. 6" ring, I was looking for wagon tire or barrel ring.
Did you find the Katana yet😎

Upvote 0

HunterNC

Greenie
Dec 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and my tiny arrow is just outside SeabeeRon's ring at the 1 oclock position. You really have to zoom in on it to see it.

Upvote 0

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Compared to the rocks in the distance of the 1st pic some of those near the opening are nearly flat on more than one face. I'm not familiar w/ rocks in that area - but they look quarried. Wonder if the cave is a former quarry...

Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i would highly doubt that a keystone arch is a natural formation. Watch out for snakes... 30 feet long, so maybe a spud cellar or something like that? Is it adjacent to a field, or farming?

Reactions: RTR
Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions