Once more into the breach

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why should we even think about compromise on guns when things like this happen?

TIMOTHY MCVEIGH DIDN'T USE A GUN;

Killed 168 innocent people.

Killed 19 children under the age of 8

injured over 600 hundred innocent people.

you can still buy fertilizer

you can still buy racing fuel

You can still rent box trucks

Guns are not the problem

To give a inch they'll take a mile. If I have a 5 shot pistol that can shoot 20 projectiles in less them 5 sec, what's the difference.how big a mag. is?

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Griz,

Now you're teasing me.......a true story just to lighten things up somewhat.....back in my working career business trip to Calgary and I knew my boss at the time like single malt Scotch.....so this restaurant/pub had and entire wall loaded with high end single malt Scotch....the stuff of dreams....I suggested he get a 12 year old MacCallan single malt with a nice sherry after taste.....

Not a violent type but the yahoo served it up with ice and water......I almost chocked him....ice and water on the side not in the single malt.....just not done in polite circles.

Regards + HH

Bill

With all due respect, I never tease about aged single malts. I had to pull the bottle down to be sure I spelled it correctly. Yes, I agree, you should have choked him...with your semi automatic hands!

I'm willing to share the bottle for the right occasion.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay.
1. How much time is a minimum? Do sexual predators count as violent? I don't want them having guns.
2. You don't think 100 rounds is a bit excessive? What do you need that many for? Are we talking about fully auto -AR?

Thanks for participating.
1. That would have to be debated, i'm thinking minimum 5 years, maybe 10 depending ton the offense/s. Sexual "predators" are violent, so yes.
2. No. The same reason one chooses to stock up on anything, preparation. I used to be a Boy Scout. Yes, why not.

Remember the adage.. where there's a will, there's a way. Criminalizing something doesn't stop it. Never has, never will. When something is outlawed it's makes it that much more desirable to a certain niche and only increases the price on the black market. Who will be profiting from that? Surely not Mr. John Q. Public, only the criminals. We already have way too many laws on the books already. We don't need any more.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry but:
1. I don't want to talk compromise on the 2nd amendment
2. I don't want to talk compromise on my religion
3. I don't want to talk compromise on what I can say
4. I don't want to talk compromise on my liberty
5. I don't want to talk compromise about my pursuit of happiness
6. I don't want to talk compromise on my right to assemble
7. I don't want to talk compromise on ANY of my inalienable rights
8. I don't want to talk compromise on the ownership of the vehicles in my driveway
9. I don't want to talk compromise about ANYTHING that is already mine

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sorry but:
8. I don't want to talk compromise on the ownership of the vehicles in my driveway

PackerBacker: No need to apologize. I respect your opinion. However, the goal of the thread was to discuss compromise on the 2nd amendment. You have not really left a lot of room to discuss much of anything. Now that we know what you do not want to talk about, is there something you would like to talk about on this thread?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker View Post
I'm sorry but:

PackerBacker: No need to apologize. I respect your opinion. However, the goal of the thread was to discuss compromise on the 2nd amendment. You have not really left a lot of room to discuss much of anything. Now that we know what you do not want to talk about, is there something you would like to talk about on this thread?

Actually Packer was talking about the 2nd,the 2nd protects all of the above on his list.Compromise on the 2nd you compromise on all of your rights.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
ah.................well, I am curious as to what kind of dog is in your avatar. Other than that, I guess I am through here. :)

She is a Shi-Zhu. Friendliest puppy in the world. Her name is Eva.

Crispin

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
onfire said:
why should we even think about compromise on guns when things like this happen?

TIMOTHY MCVEIGH DIDN'T USE A GUN;

Killed 168 innocent people.

Killed 19 children under the age of 8

injured over 600 hundred innocent people.

you can still buy fertilizer

you can still buy racing fuel

You can still rent box trucks

Guns are not the problem

To give a inch they'll take a mile. If I have a 5 shot pistol that can shoot 20 projectiles in less them 5 sec, what's the difference.how big a mag. is?

That's why we should just legalize murder. Good citizens won't murder and criminals don't listen to the law anyways? Obviously murder laws do not work on the criminal element. So why do we bother having them, only ends up sending the law abiding to jail when the choose to defend themselves.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard those are good dogs but they have too much hair for me. I'm a lazy dog owner and, when I take a dog out, they are exposed to a lot of stickers etc. I had a big, male yellow lab once that I took to the vet to get checked for worms and a basic checkup. She asked me if I had him on a vitamin program. I said, "Lady, I didn't have my own kids on a vitamin program". Her assistant had to leave the room because she couldn't hold back her laughter. The vet merely smiled. :)
Now, back to your thread

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I've heard those are good dogs but they have too much hair for me. I'm a lazy dog owner and, when I take a dog out, they are exposed to a lot of stickers etc. I had a big, male yellow lab once that I took to the vet to get checked for worms and a basic checkup. She asked me if I had him on a vitamin program. I said, "Lady, I didn't have my own kids on a vitamin program". Her assistant had to leave the room because she couldn't hold back her laughter. The vet merely smiled. :)
Now, back to your thread

No, this is cool. I like talking about dogs much better. Thanks for switching the topic(seriously.) Shi-Tzus are great indoor dogs. They have no business in the wilderness. I have heard stories about little dogs being taken away by hawks and eagles. When my puppy was less then five pounds we had a hawk that would camp out on the top of our roof and wait for her to come outside. I had to walk her with a tennis racquet. If I owned a gun I might have shot the hawk, probably not though, and with the tremor I would most likely miss.

Anyhow, they take A LOT of grooming. My wife used to do it until we had a baby. Now we shear her real low so it will not get matted. They are great with kids. They love licking, that gets annoying. If I was out in the wilderness I would never bring her with me.

Crispin

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife has a little dog, half Mexican and half miniature fox terrier. She is VERY small, about the size of a small rabbit. We have hawks, eagles and large owls around here and we have to be very careful when she is let out, day or night.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
26 dogs here. . People confusing due to odd language, verbal and body .along with chameleon changing of appearance and facades .but we muddle through when in public.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a pomerainian and a lab/hound mix we also have a large owl living on our land.......this is always a concern with the little one. Just another reason to have firearms.

skateandcreate

May 5, 2008
MARYLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Minelab GPX 4800
Crispin, you know me, we have met and hunted together..................

How far are you willing to compromise on the other rights in the Constitution...........

1st amendment.... Do we say, allow free speech as long as it is not negative toward the government, is that a good compromise?

3rd Quartering soldiers in our homes in time of peace, do we compromise and say it is okay on weekends, is that a good compromise?

4th Seize and search, do we compromise and say they can search our homes with out a warrant on weekends, is that a good compromise?

5th Double jeopardy, lets say you can be tried twice for the same crime, is that a good compromise for you? How about you can not claim the 5th amendment, make it easier... Is that good for you?

6th Speedy trial, lets take the pesky word speedy out of it. Is that a good compromise for you?

7th Tried by a jury, how about we get rid of the jury and just trial before a judge, save the cost of feeding and lodging a jury, is that a good compromise?

8th Excessive bail, lets make all bail a round number say 1 million dollars, is that a good compromise?

9th and 10th, just get rid of, they are a pain to the government any way, they say people retain all rights not reserved for the government or denied to the people in the constitution .. Is tha a fair compromise.....

Just how far are you willing to compromise on the rights that are guaranteed to the people in the Constitution, I know how far I am......NONE

Amen!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. Not getting sucked back in. We officially changed the topic to dogs at PackerBacker's suggestion.

Ok, in that case I raised Boxers for over 20 years, owned a total 6 myself and sold dozens of the pups. There were a breeze to sell, just took them to a local park when they were 6 weeks old and would run around the open field while the pups would run behind me trying to keep up, people would come up look at them and then request my name and address so they could buy one.

Boxers are extremely easy to train, very intelligent, and very, very loyal. i traveld on the road for my job for years and always had one with me traveling, they saved med from being robbed several times and stopped an attack once when 4 guys wanted to harress me at a park at night and did not see my dog Mohammad, he was full blooded boxer 90 pounds of pure muscle and teeth, once they saw him they wanted nothing to do with him

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions