What's new

One Box of Halves from the Bank

drpineapple

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
44
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Las Vegas, NV
I got one box of halves from the bank.

1 1964
1 1988 S Proof
1 Sacegawea dollar
1 1986 P stamped with two dates and plated

I also pulled out
1991 D
2004 P
2006 D
2006 P

Even though the red book says they are not issued for circulation it seems some were. Any one think they will be worth a lot more in the future? Also if anyone is interested in circulated halves' proofs let me know.
 

Attachments

  • PB280001.webp
    PB280001.webp
    201.1 KB · Views: 438
Upvote 0
Nice finds! I am sure I will end up meeting you in a bank sooner or later :thumbsup: And Welcome to TNET and the madness :icon_thumright:
 
I wouldn't hold out hope on the NIFC halves going up in value anytime soon. The problem is that they are saved heavily in mint state condition via direct purchase from the Mint. Any NIFC halves pulled from circulation will have some nicks and wear that will hurt their value as compared to their counter-parts in Mint rolls/bags. If you need ones that you find for your own collection, you can't beat the cost.
 
Silvereagle maybe we will bump into each other. Thanks Diver_Down but what does NIFC mean? What are most people doing with their clad proofs, just spending them at face value? You can add it to your collection but are they worth trying to sell?
 
Welcome aboard!!
Like you said in your post, nifc is "not issued for circulation".
What year issue is the Sac?
HH
Gilbert
 
enamel7 said:
Welcome aboard!!
Like you said in your post, nifc is "not issued for circulation".
What year issue is the Sac?
HH
Gilbert

It might be an error, or it might be fake. User244075, I'm afraid it might be fake. Does it feel light to you?
 
Thanks all. The Sacagewea is a 2009 D. I don't think it is fake but who knows. I'm not sure about the weight. It was on the outside bottom of one of the half rolls. You got me how it got sorted and rolled that way.
 
My impaired clad proofs are saved out of curiosity. I've been assembling/upgrading a set of impaired proofs from CRH'ing just to see if I can complete it. No intention of selling it for more than face value. Just a curiosity thing for me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom