PJ in WI
Full Member
- Joined
- Mar 17, 2007
- Messages
- 147
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- EXPLORER SE and an ACE 250
- #1
Thread Owner
Looking at purchasing a water detector. I will be using it mainly in WI on beaches, lakes and swimming holes. On occasion I will use it around salt water. I have been a member of this site for about 2 years. I have read alot of water detecting stories but was mainly looking at the finds and was not paying alot of attention to the detector. I currently have an Ace 250 and an Explorer SE. The wife and I buy each other 1 present for Christmas so price is not a problem. She's buying. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank You and Merry Christmas. PJ
A good way to "break yourself in" on the Excal, is to start with the disc. all the way cranked up, so that only penny/dimes/quarters are accepted. Dig a few dozen of those, then drop 1 notch on the disc. dial and hunt another hour or two. Then drop another notch, and so forth until finally, you've got the disc. dial all the way down to just knock out iron. That will make the learning transition easier.
For example, the Excaliber is basically a Sovereign in a waterproof container, etc...






