What's new

OTWBTTC,,,,

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,676
Reaction score
43,380
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out doing my normal, "walk for clad", constitutional.

Wasn't doing too badly but my goodness I got dry out there!

I decided to top the hill I was on, go around the field and then
go back to the car for a rest and refreshment. Then, hunt another
hour and go home.

When I topped the hill and saw my faithful steed waiting patiently
in the parking lot and suddenly got very, very thirsty!! So, I changed my
plan, (at least I thought it was my plan). I made a beeline for
the car and some water!

I was really dragging the swings and ready for a break. I wasn't so
sure that another hour would be a good idea, at that point.

Within 10 FEET! of the car, I was ready to turn off and get a drink.
Of course, I got a hit. One of those pull tab hits that is just a bit too solid
to ignore. I ALMOST decided to shrug it off and just drink. Of course, again,
I dug.

2016 (443).webp

I have never seen it not to be true. Whenever I find
a gold ring, the dirt ALWAYS seems to part when I dig.
Must be that dirt don't stick to gold. ;)

2016 (444).webp
2016 (445).webp

I have been back and forth through this spot many, many times.
Go figure! :dontknow:

2016 (439).webp

Square button?

2016 (440).webp

About a pound and a half of SOLID brass!

2016 (441).webp

2016 (442).webp

4.85 gr, 14k
Somehow.....life just got a little bit lighter. ;) LOL

Thanks for peeking!
 
Upvote 82
Gold, brass, and coins, OH MY! Good finds WHADIFIND, whether going back to the car or not.
 
Great story and cool ring! Blingy and fishy are very pleased! :occasion14:
 
Sweet ring brother, and I agree dirt don't stick to gold....
 
Woohoo sweet gold, congrats!
 
Sorta ups my average per hour when that happens. Don't it? ;) LOL
If I could just get that to happen a lil more regularly. :)
 
whadifind,you have become the worlds most enthusiastic hunter for sure,when do you ever have time for your work?
 
Good hunting!

Sometimes I think maybe I should just start across the park and only dig the signals found while walking back to the truck. There have been many times like yours where I'm draggin butt, coil discipline has gone out the window, only thinking of getting into the cooler for a drink, then BAM! Gold.

Nice job deciding to dig one more signal. Yeah! 8-)
 
whadifind,you have become the worlds most enthusiastic hunter for sure,when do you ever have time for your work?

I said that one day I would retire and do nothing but this, welp, here I am. ;) LOL
I am finally, my own boss! :)
 
Good hunting!

Sometimes I think maybe I should just start across the park and only dig the signals found while walking back to the truck. There have been many times like yours where I'm draggin butt, coil discipline has gone out the window, only thinking of getting into the cooler for a drink, then BAM! Gold.

Nice job deciding to dig one more signal. Yeah! 8-)

You could try my technique. When I start the day, I walk backwards from my car. Sometimes it works. ;) LOL
 
Congrats on the gold, you were certainly due for another great find Whadi. Congrats on another successful outing. :occasion14:
 
Beautiful way to top off a clad day!! Had my 1st OTWBTTC experience just recently..........hope there are many more of those for you in the future!!
 
Congrats on the gold, you were certainly due for another great find Whadi. Congrats on another successful outing. :occasion14:

I gotta admit, I was in a bit of the doldrums lately. Couldn't have come at a better time.
Thanks!
 
Congrats on the ring! :occasion14:
 
Awesome! Congrats!
Its always great to see a golden gleam winking at you from the dirt!
Sooo, did you get that drink of water or just forget all about it in all the excitement?

Blingie & fishy have big grins, we're almost seeing teeth!

Well sir congrats, that must have felt good!

Things seem to work out better when its not us making the plans. I just seem to get in my own way!
I still say we need to give "otwbttc" a name...have you tried pronouncing that? :D

Nice hunk of brass and clad collection too.

It still remains a mystery why we find things in the places we have been over many times before. It sure keeps things interesting. :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom