What's new

OTWBTTC,,,,

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,676
Reaction score
43,380
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out doing my normal, "walk for clad", constitutional.

Wasn't doing too badly but my goodness I got dry out there!

I decided to top the hill I was on, go around the field and then
go back to the car for a rest and refreshment. Then, hunt another
hour and go home.

When I topped the hill and saw my faithful steed waiting patiently
in the parking lot and suddenly got very, very thirsty!! So, I changed my
plan, (at least I thought it was my plan). I made a beeline for
the car and some water!

I was really dragging the swings and ready for a break. I wasn't so
sure that another hour would be a good idea, at that point.

Within 10 FEET! of the car, I was ready to turn off and get a drink.
Of course, I got a hit. One of those pull tab hits that is just a bit too solid
to ignore. I ALMOST decided to shrug it off and just drink. Of course, again,
I dug.

2016 (443).webp

I have never seen it not to be true. Whenever I find
a gold ring, the dirt ALWAYS seems to part when I dig.
Must be that dirt don't stick to gold. ;)

2016 (444).webp
2016 (445).webp

I have been back and forth through this spot many, many times.
Go figure! :dontknow:

2016 (439).webp

Square button?

2016 (440).webp

About a pound and a half of SOLID brass!

2016 (441).webp

2016 (442).webp

4.85 gr, 14k
Somehow.....life just got a little bit lighter. ;) LOL

Thanks for peeking!
 
Upvote 82
We always seem to do our best when we least expect it. At least that's the way it is for me. Congrats Sir [emoji106]

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
 
Blingie and fishy are all, thanks Daddy!
 
Great find Whadi. I'd love to nail a gold ring like that.
 
Hi WhadIfiind; Congrats on the ring. Ain't that always the way ?? You just about to die and BINGO.!! Nice find. PEACE:RONB
 
Nice job on the otwbttc find
 
Nice find. Congrats on the gold! And you're right- it's never our plan. [emoji3]
 
Nice find. Congrats on the gold! And you're right- it's never our plan. [emoji3]

Oh yes! I have learned that! And guess what happened to "my" plan after I found that ring! ;) LOL
 
I make most of my best finds OTWBTTC. Congrats!

-Rob-
 
Whadi, your wedding band is even cooler than this one!
wedding band.webp

Congrats on the awesome gold ring! Sub 8-)
 
Very nice ring. Congrats on a whole lot better than clad day!
 
The brass thingy is probably a wall mounted door stop. Similar to this. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468429096.654283.webp
 
Congratulations on a great hunt!
 
Congratulations. That's a nice one.
 
Okay I get it,,, "On the way back to the car" ,, I'm a little slow.
Congrats on some sweet gold.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom