Padre Island areas to hunt

Never mind, I'll stay in Galveston instead, probably more people there anyway.....

.........THE PADRE ISLAND NATIONAL SEASHORE PARK is more or less in the middle .....portion of the Northern side is open also the Southern side with entry thru Port Isabel.......some of the really good sites are only available with a 4 wheel drive vehicle so take plenty of water and gas........from Port Isabel entry....there is about 60 miles of Island before the National Park......most of this is UnPaved.........NOW THIS IS FOR THE REALLY OLD COINS NOT ANY NEW DROPS FROM SPRING BREAK.............JOE

i plan on spending the winter at port aranas coast . would like to md at padre, how much of an issue is it driving on the beach with a 4 wheel drive pickup wouldnt want to get stranded alone Dave

........Besides taking plenty of gas and water.....I would take take equipment to dig your Jeep or whatever out of the sand such as old boards and regular size shovels.....also I would take an extra tire and have a good cell phone or CB Radio to call for help if needed....probably would be better if you went with a partner..........Joe

I would be careful if you go down to S.Padre to MD...Just dont let anyone catch you near the Port Mansfield Cut b/c you could get a HUGE fine there especially if they find you with some old spanish treasure on you. That is a Great place to detect especially after the tropical storm they had a few months back.

...Texasguy24.....I guess that you did not read my post too well....I said DO NOT HUNT IN THE PADRE ISLAND NATIONAL SEASHORE PARK.....Joe

Many maps put the boundaries of the National Seashore in different places. Ive detected at the cut before... did not find anything but a Mexican 100 peso coin. No one was out there but fishermen. Ive asked local law enforcement if its OK to hunt the beach. All he said is "You keep what you find". Ive detected along the beach in several locations from beach access 5 to the cut. Of course i didn't find anything but modern coins and junk. I had a blast either way

i am wondering how that area of the beach would be for mding in january after all the storms have gone. think theres any chance of finding gold jewelery or something. dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back