What's new

Partial Medallion 16th century Soldier/ Dollhouse Furniture !!

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
6,690
Reaction score
716
Golden Thread
1
Location
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello everyone,
Found this most heartbreaking item, and hoping to get some information on it.
It is part of a copper alloy Medallion, rounded bottom, straight sides.
38 mm wide, depicting what appears to be a 16th century European soldier with sword and pike/flag? over a kneeling supplicant.
The depiction of course this doesn't mean the piece is of that era.
I have searched for a while through some pages, can find nothing similar, it's shape may help narrow search parameters, as most medals are round :tongue3:
I am hoping that the T-net sleuths will come through with something on this, maybe just a country from the uniform style.
rear is of piece is blank
Thanks for looking! ;D
 

Attachments

  • NH FINDS 05-22 017.webp
    NH FINDS 05-22 017.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 703
  • NH FINDS 05-22 018.webp
    NH FINDS 05-22 018.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 610
  • NH FINDS 05-22 017.webp
    NH FINDS 05-22 017.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 556
  • NH FINDS 05-22 018.webp
    NH FINDS 05-22 018.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 557
Re: Partial Medallion 16th century Soldier

bigcypresshunter said:
Im posting it here closer to compare. Good match IS!

I remembered those legs and pantaloons from the stamp.
The stance, and items he is holding are sooo close.
The items condition is appropriate for a turn of the century find.
We're getting close to an exact ID I believe :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Partial Medallion 16th century Soldier

ivan salis said:
pantaloons are what the "puffy pants"are called
Thanks Ivan,
I want a pair for when I'm hunting those mudflats :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Partial Medallion 16th century Soldier

Keep it up Herbie :icon_thumright: You're finding many interesting relics :icon_sunny:

Do you have a link to the cob you found?
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Re: Partial Medallion 16th century Soldier

Amazing :hello2:
The only difference I can see is the curve of the base,
maybe mine came from a chair and the 2009 is from the settee.
never thought this would come back with a green check :wink:
I should have known you'd come through, Thanks Bramble :notworthy:
 

Attachments

  • NH FINDS 05-22 017.webp
    NH FINDS 05-22 017.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 202
  • NH FINDS 05-22 018.1.webp
    NH FINDS 05-22 018.1.webp
    52.3 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom