Penny ROAD TRIP!!!

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I was about 130 miles from home for work yesterday and since traffic was horrible during rush hour I decided to stop at a many banks as possible on my way home to pick up as many pennies (I know cents) as I could...

I filled three shoe boxes like this one with loose rolls and then got an additional 5 complete boxes!!! The best part is only about $10 worth were solid 2013's...so I will have ALOT to search through!

I don't even know how much I got yesterday yet because its all on the living room floor but if I had to guess its probably close to $350-$400!!!

HH

image-1520828520.jpg

Upvote 0
awesome! good luck and let us know how you do! I love searching CWR when I can too...

Bust out the gloves, you're going to need them!

Wow good luck! You might want to wear gloves. It doesn't bother me, but my hands are black afterwards.

I plan on doing something similar. I also plan to pick some up when we go on vacation in a few months as well. I will be two states away and I am going to try to pick up at least a few boxes of cents.

Well I went through about $75 +\- last night (wound up being just shy of $350 total that I picked up)

Out of the first batch I searched I found 79 wheats...one full box produced over half of those!

Don't know how much copper but it seems to be about the same I usually pull...

More results and pictures to follow wen I finish this project!!!

HH

That sounds like a pretty good box! Are you looking for any errors, WAM, ect.. or just wheats and Indians?

That sounds like a pretty good box! Are you looking for any errors, WAM, ect.. or just wheats and Indians?

Usually just search for wheats, Indians, and copper but recently I started looking for a few WAM, and small date 70s (I think?). I saw a few of these on eBay for about $20 a pop with multiple bids...as of right now I have yet to find an error or variation of any sort. I suppose I need to educate myself a bit and maybe sort I to separate cups like Coppercrazy does!

Usually just search for wheats, Indians, and copper but recently I started looking for a few WAM, and small date 70s (I think?). I saw a few of these on eBay for about $20 a pop with multiple bids...as of right now I have yet to find an error or variation of any sort. I suppose I need to educate myself a bit and maybe sort I to separate cups like Coppercrazy does!

I find it easier to add one variety at a time to put into cups. For example put the 98s, 99s, and 00s in a cup do that for $100 then start worrying about the CAMs and putting them in a cup, then $100 later add another variety.

I find it easier to add one variety at a time to put into cups. For example put the 98s, 99s, and 00s in a cup do that for $100 then start worrying about the CAMs and putting them in a cup, then $100 later add another variety.

That's exactly what I did tonight...sorted out all of the 98, 99, & 00...now I'm resting my eyes before I look through them. Since I'm on the West Coast right now most coins I find are D mint so it's slim picking for no mint mark!!!

HH

Just finished all of these coins I got and the totals are in...

167 wheats (oldest was in the 20's)
60 canadian
23.19% copper (actually above my average)
6 dimes
3 misc foreign (panama, united emirates, and Jamaica I think?)

Took awhile but I suppose I like the results. It was nice doing a Mia of CWR and MWR to keep things interesting.

HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back