Photographic glow

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Tom_in_CA said:
Eddie, you say:

"Some people are so afraid of the unknown that they just want to pretend it doesn't exist. And that"s what it all boils down to....FEAR. They are so afraid of things they don't (can't) understand...it's just so much easier to PRETEND it doesn't go on around them."

That's right durnit! All those skeptics just don't have an open-mind to what future science might prove. They fear anything that doesn't fit in to their current understanding. Well said :thumbsup:

That's why people are making fun of the moldy tennis shoe that I've covered with peanut butter and birdseed. Throw it in the air, and wherever it points to when it lands, is the direction of treasure! (just like a pointing dowsing rod for instance). Those persons who laugh at this notion, are just seeeoooo close minded. They don't realize that "science once laughed at the notion that man could fly". And when my tennis shoe DOES find treasure, how can anyone question the results of success? It therefore MUST work, because you can't argue with results, right? It's simple: I take my tennis shoe apparatus to enough old likely looking ruins I've researced out, and keep detecting wherever the shoe points. Naturally I use my metal detector to "pinpoint". After digging enough holes, around these likely looking ruins, I'm bound to eventually find a goodie, and PRESTO!! The tennis shoe did it! woohoo!

I am now taking orders for this invention. $100.00 each. I take paypal :-* (pin-pointing metal detector not included). Disclaimer: If you fail to find a treasure, it merely means you need more practice, or there were sun-spots that day, or the treasure is there, but simply too deep, etc... etc...

Why resort to silliness? All some of us are have done is state our opinions...

I am open minded enough to say that I don't know everything. It's people that say something DOESN'T or CAN'T exist that I don't understand.

As far as your new invention, you could probably find a lot of support from gullible people and make a lot of money. Good luck with your venture and may prosperity smile upon you. Oops, we can't see or measure prosperity, only the RESULTS of prosperity, so that means prosperity isn't real, right? :wink:

Heh....silliness can be fun!

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
jb7487 said:
This:

You see, folks, here is the problem. A person makes up their mind that something is impossible and NOTHING is going to change that. No amount of proof would be sufficient. So why keep screaming you want proof? Some of you guys need to grow some testicular fortitude and stop being afraid of everything you hear that's different than what you've always been taught.

Can just as easily be turned into this:

You see, folks, here is the problem. A person makes up their mind that something is possible and NOTHING is going to change that. No amount of disproof would be sufficient. So why keep screaming you want proof. Some of you guys need to grow some testicular fortitue and stop being afraid of everything you hear that's different than what you've always believed.

See. The door swings both ways. The people here who will believe it without one shred of evidence simply because they want to believe it are just as bad as the people who won't believe it without a shred of evidence simply because they don't want to believe it.

By the way, this is a very important point: WE WANT TO BELIEVE IT! Why does everyone keep missing this point? People keep claiming that we don't believe it because we don't want to. That is not the case at all. We don't believe it because there isn't a shred of even farfetched proof out there. Quite the contrary. In fact, it is all clearly wishful thinking given that these glows can be coming from any natural or unnatural phenomenon yet everyone who believes it just happens to also believe that it MUST be caused by gold. Heck, this very thread was started by a paranormal investigator who is willing to believe that the glow is caused by gold and not by some paranormal being. Why?

NO!!! This thread was started by a paranormal investigator that is doing just like he should be doing: asking questions! He simply asked if anybody had ever heard of this type of phenomenon.

I am also a paranormal investigator. I have been since the early 90's. And 90% of investigating is done by asking questions. We DO NOT go into a house or business believing it to be haunted. We go in and try to find NON-PARANORMAL reasons for what is occurring. But if we can't find those reasons, then we are open minded enough to look beyond what is considered "normal".

Contrary to what seems to be a common belief here, we use stringent scientific methods and equipment to determine whether there is something paranormal at a location. And before anybody says it....if we do not find a natural explanation for the problem, that does not mean that we automatically say the place is haunted. We must obtain PROOF before we will make such a claim.

Eddie

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device
I just want to say that there are no hard feelings toward anyone here....I have enjoyed our cyber sparring and believe it or not I do respect the beliefs of others! This is exactly what this forum is all about, so that we can discuss and argue our points to each other! You guys have put up a great fight and I respect everyone in this string no matter which side of the glow we are on! Let's not be mad at each other, but instead lets all just argue like hell! Venting is good for the soul! It releaves stress and improves our lives! So thank you to everyone that chewed my ass on this controversial topic! :notworthy:

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
MetalheadFlorida said:
I just want to say that there are no hard feelings toward anyone here....I have enjoyed our cyber sparring and believe it or not I do respect the beliefs of others! This is exactly what this forum is all about, so that we can discuss and argue our points to each other! You guys have put up a great fight and I respect everyone in this string no matter which side of the glow we are on! Let's not be mad at each other, but instead lets all just argue like hell! Venting is good for the soul! It releaves stress and improves our lives! So thank you to everyone that chewed my ass on this controversial topic! :notworthy:

Ditto!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
lamar said:
Dear group;
I am unsure where all of the *silliness* is orginiating from because I am dead serious! I really DO feel that a moldy tennis shoe may unlock some of the mystery surrounding those almost impossible to find treasure caches which we ALL know are there! I feel that a moldy tennis shoe will work every bit as well as a pair of copper, or brass, or iron or whatever rods bent into an L shape! Honestly, I don't find the prospect of heaving an old tennis shoe in the air and then searching in the direction which it's pointing in to be silly at all. To me, this method is not nearly as silly as walking around all day in the blazing hot sun, concentrating with all of my might on a couple of L shaped welding rods, hoping for the impossible to happen. And besides, theTSCL method to locate buried treasure caches is undoubtedly going to be every bit as successful as LRLs or dowsing rods, and perhaps even more so! This, I can ABSOLUTELY guarantee!
Your digging through his old shoes friend;
LAMAR

Perhaps the moldy shoe theory WILL work! It just hasn't worked for me because I don't let my shoes get that far gone! ;D

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to say that this is an interesting conversation...... What I would like to know is why do I never see these glows in photo's taken around my area? I live in Westonaria in South Africa, on top of tunnels running in all directions that are part of the gold mines. Some of these mines are very fruitful, but all carry gold. Any photo taken in my area should in theory light up light a christmas tree.

Is it possible for you to go back to that place where the copper mine is and take another photo of the exact spot to see if the glow is still there?

God bless
Peter

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Lead may well give of radiation, but unlike gold, lead is usually alloyed with other metals or minerals, whereas gold doesn't readily alloy with other metals easily. Once made into coins or other objects they usually are alloyed with copper or silver to make a harder coin or jewelry. Silver also has the ability to give off radiation that is detectable. I am talking about natural gold,silver, giving off this radiation. rockhound

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lamar I am basically ashamed of you. You claim to be well educated, but apparently are not too intelligent with posts like those . Indirectly you are dismissing me out of hand, despite of what I have posted before, both from the scientific world, personal experiences and recoveries..

I have yet to be accused of fabricating or falsifying anything that I have posted, since most realize that I have always been able to back up what I have posted, but you are coming very close to calling me that. Swr came the closest. Childish ridicule has no place in a serious discussion.

Incidentally, your own Jesuit society has sent messages from one to another discussing the necessity of hiding any buried materiel in such a way so that they cannot be found with a luminous gas (fire) suggesting charcoal or organic matter on top of the materiel..

As for dirty, he simply doesn't warrent an answer, too childish.. Dirty go to --> www.explorers.org. I am a duly elected member. we do not have any idiots as members, most are highly titled and PHDs', and are held highly in the Scientific world.

If you wish to actually learn and discuss logically and intelligently fine, but I am not going to waste my time playing kinder garden games of dirty's level.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. Trish, I apologize for their bad manners, they just don't know any better.

Don JOse de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Photographic glow by panthr

Swr, You have verified my opinion that you probably neither read nor understand what you have posted.
-->
"The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which
shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are
'unknown to us at this time.' ( the 0ld future science eh?)

That the same circumstances can bring forth
nervous difficulties in breathing appears entirely plausible.

However, I do not think there is any connection with the occurrence of cancer. This
latter connection, if true, would not be easy to prove with supporting
statistics.

If you submit the carefully revised reports to a medical journal you
may attach a copy of my letter, so that this matter will receive the
attention I feel it deserves."

P

pippinwhitepaws

don quixote...since the first time i viewed that photo of your treasure...i have wondered about the 'wheel' behind the stash...??
i know this is off topic...but...a pm or email please?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Pippin white paws mi amigo: that is the early 3 ' coil for a Gardner 180 Detector, good for 16 ft on a refrigerator. Last ones were a single turn of 1/4" aluminum tubing, extremely light, boy could you cover ground in an open area.

Don Jose de La Mancha

P

pippinwhitepaws

thank you sir... :thumbsup:

i was hopin it was a sundial...lol

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Real de Tayopa;
On the contrary, my distguinished friend and associate, I was NOT dismissing you, either directly or indirectly! When I stated that the realm of treasure lights require much more in-depth SCIENTIFIC study was necessary before any firm conclusions can be reached, I was stating that there exists the POSSIBILITY that the thus far unexplained lights may in fact be positively linked to hidden or buried treasure caches.

In fact, I uncharacteristically give treasure lights the benefit of the doubt, my friend. I let it be known that I *have PI detector, will travel* in regards to any and all REPUTABLE stories of recently witnessed treasure lights. By reputable I mean that there needs to be more than one witness who witness the light at the same time. 3 or more witnesses are even better. I keep my gas tanks full and my lith-ion batteries fully charged my friend. How is this for being open minded? ;D
Your open minded friend;
LAMAR

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear rockhound;
To refute your statement, gold alloys with other ores quite readily and this is evidenced by the fact that gold is seldom found in it's pure, or 24 karat, state in Central and South America, my friend. In Mexico, gold ore is very commonly alloyed with native copper and this can be readily witnessed by it's reddish, or *rose* coloring. In South America gold is often found alloyed with silver and in rarer cases, nickel. In fact, in some spots in South America, native gold is alloyed with so much silver that it is no longer called gold per se, rather it's known as electrum. Nuff said.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lamar my friend: You apparently haven't been reading my posts very carefully. As I explained, it is basically a one time occurrence approx yearly at the start of the rains when the soil is first loosened.

Since it occurs in the 'Vicinity' of the buried metal, it can be almost anywhere, depending upon the path needed to escape to the surface where it can be briefly seen. This why for every successful recovery with a luminous gas (fire), there are possibly 1000 empty holes.

It most certainly cannot be locked into a 'it will happen tonight at say 1023 pm. local Sidereal time, 25 meters beyond that Mesquite tree"..

Since it is unpredictable, how is one to anticipate where, & when to be in a position to photograph it? Your requirements are unrealistic.

It is normal & natural occurance, not a spiritual thingie Jeff.

Don Jose de La Mancha

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Real de Tayopa;
I think you may have misunderstood my intentions, my dear friend. I am not talking about photographing a treasure light, although if the opportunity were to present itself, I would most assuredly do my very best to capture the phenomenom on a digital image. Please allow me to explain myself further:
A person, or persons, witnesses a so-called treasure light during the hours of darkness. Then they mark where the occurrance illuminated itself at, as close to the actual spot as they are able to. Then they come and tell me about the occurrance. At daylight I go back to the site with the witnesse(s) and my Minelab SD-2100 detector with an 18" round mono coil and begin searching! Of course, if anything is recovered it gets equally divided among myself and the other party. How's that for objectivity, my friend? ;D
Your friend;
LAMAR

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allo mi quierido amigo Lamar: You posted -->

'At daylight I go back to the site with the witnesse(s) and my Minelab SD-2100 detector with an 18" round mono coil and begin searching! Of course, if anything is recovered it gets equally divided among myself and the other party. How's that for objectivity, my friend'?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If that is what you want, I can keep you occupied full time hehehh.

Don Jose de la Mancha

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Lamar, You are absolutely correct in saying gold ,silver ,lead, copper, and all other metals are alloys. I guess you answered your own question. rockhound

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread