What's new

Pickpocket Score Again!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
⛮ Administrator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
56,431
Reaction score
72,650
Golden Thread
0
I have a favorite discount grocery store that is in the same parking lot as a thrift store. Thrift store gives 30% discount to Veterans on Wednesdays and 30% to seniors on Tuesdays, so I always go on one of those days each week


I got into a habit of checking jacket pockets when I am there years ago, today I found $180 in a zippered pocket of a jacket, last week I found $40.. Today it was 8 $20s, 2 $5s, and 10 $1 bills
 
I have a favorite discount grocery store that is in the same parking lot as a thrift store. Thrift store gives 30% discount to Veterans on Wednesdays and 30% to seniors on Tuesdays, so I always go on one of those days each week


I got into a habit of checking jacket pockets when I am there years ago, today I found $180 in a zippered pocket of a jacket, last week I found $40.. Today it was 8 $20s, 2 $5s, and 10 $1
That's great.
 
And you turned it over to the store, right?
Why would I do that, there is no way to know who donated the jacket..

I bought a 18x24 Terry Redlin matted, framed, and numbered print for $10.00, 2 new, nice black leather blazers for $10 on another occasion, I sold the blazers for $50 each.
 
Did you at least buy the jacket? Perhaps the intent of the donation was to help the store and their cause(s) ?
If that was the intent of the donation, the donor would of donated the jacket and then the money, they wouldn't just hide a donation in the jacket.
 
Did you at least buy the jacket? Perhaps the intent of the donation was to help the store and their cause(s) ?

Store does not check pockets of clothes donated, they do not wash them either, I asked.

I guess I should have mentioned that I bought the jacket for $7.50 with my senior discount even though it doesnt fit me, I will donate it to someone homeless as in the past.
 
A friends granddaughter worked in a thrift store in California while she was in college. She checked the pockets of all new donations and found a fair amount over a couple of years. Thousands, not hundreds. She also recognized an expensive piece of jewelry so she bought it and made a nice profit on it too. Some may cry foul, I don't. It was the garments that were donated, hidden money would have never been included if anyone knew about it. If you recognized an expensive painting would you tell the store or buy it? I'd buy it. You're smart TH, I hope you keep finding stuff.
 
Good on ya for the finds. Congratulations

Up here they laundry everything in this awful smelling detergent.
Takes about 6 months of leaving it outside to get rid of the smell.
No worries about $$$ in any pockets, there isn't any after the staff gets through with the searching.
 
Good on ya for the finds. Congratulations

Up here they laundry everything in this awful smelling detergent.
Takes about 6 months of leaving it outside to get rid of the smell.
No worries about $$$ in any pockets, there isn't any after the staff gets through with the searching.
Very true. Same at the dry cleaner. They make alot of money searching pockets.
 
Very true. Same at the dry cleaner. They make alot of money searching pockets.

That sounds like straight up theft. They know who's stuff that is. Their client. I don't live near a cleaners. But if I were to start using one I'd run a test on them first batch.
 
That sounds like straight up theft. They know who's stuff that is. Their client. I don't live near a cleaners. But if I were to start using one I'd run a test on them first batch.
That’s nothing. My brother used to date a girl that used the dry cleaners as her personal closet. We thought she had a lot of cash because she always had new fancy clothes on every time we seen her. She just worked the desk at the cleaners. We found out years later.
 
I have to say SOME NICE TIPS !!!
 
I have a favorite discount grocery store that is in the same parking lot as a thrift store. Thrift store gives 30% discount to Veterans on Wednesdays and 30% to seniors on Tuesdays, so I always go on one of those days each week


I got into a habit of checking jacket pockets when I am there years ago, today I found $180 in a zippered pocket of a jacket, last week I found $40.. Today it was 8 $20s, 2 $5s, and 10 $1 bills
WOW, you don't need a metal detector to find treasure. Way to go brother.
 
A friends granddaughter worked in a thrift store in California while she was in college. She checked the pockets of all new donations and found a fair amount over a couple of years. Thousands, not hundreds. She also recognized an expensive piece of jewelry so she bought it and made a nice profit on it too. Some may cry foul, I don't. It was the garments that were donated, hidden money would have never been included if anyone knew about it. If you recognized an expensive painting would you tell the store or buy it? I'd buy it. You're smart TH, I hope you keep finding stuff.
To me, all depends on the individual and how they feel about luck. I have found an item or two while out metal detecting that I decided to wear. One was a nice men's ring, nothing very fancy, but it was a silver ring with a green stone. From the time I put that ring on my finger, I suffered nothing but bad luck until I passed it on to someone else, who didn't have an issue with it. Another find was a silver chain with a medieval style pendant similar to cross bones. I had nothing but bad dreams every night until I took off the chain to see if the dreams would stop, they did. I got rid of it shortly there after. Now I don't keep my things that I find.
 
This is a sad reflection of personal morals.

The title says it-- Pickpocket score again...
Dam those hurty words sting don't they.

Let's try got me some Pocket Cabbage, or
Pocket Bonus
Hidden Treasure
Found Money
Windfall
Small Victory
Serendipity
Personal Lottery
Forgotten Cash
Pin Money
Mad Money
Lucky Break
Laundry Fee
I really hope one will fit your needs.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom