What's new

Pickpocket Score Again!

I just tried this out at a goodwill, I’m now 28 cents richer, but that’s proof they don’t go through all the pockets, especially look for discreet hidden pockets if you squeeze it you would fell the cash as well. Does this work for pants?
 
Dam those hurty words sting don't they.

Let's try got me some Pocket Cabbage, or
Pocket Bonus
Hidden Treasure
Found Money
Windfall
Small Victory
Serendipity
Personal Lottery
Forgotten Cash
Pin Money
Mad Money
Lucky Break
Laundry Fee
I really hope one will fit your needs.

No matter which direction of spin one puts on it.-
Stealing is still stealing.
Theft is still theft.
Encouraging theft is still being an accessory.
 
No matter which direction of spin one puts on it.-
Stealing is still stealing.
Theft is still theft.
Encouraging theft is still being an accessory.

Encourage theft, that's a frigging joke.🤣
Stealing because a person finds something some else didn't find-your logic us so skewed it's basically screwed.

But you go and save those thoughts and beliefs for somebody else please 🙏
 
No matter which direction of spin one puts on it.-
Stealing is still stealing.
Theft is still theft.
Encouraging theft is still being an accessory.
I did not steal anything, I bought the jacket the money was in, and have already given it away.

If you buy an old framed print in a garage sale or from an antique shop, or thrift shop, and once you get it home you find that it has an original copy of the Declaration Of Independence under the print, do you keep it or return it. Im keeping it, I bought the item, and everything it contained.
 
If you return cash at goodwill at the cash
Register, there’s a huge change he’s going to keep that for himself, if the manager isn’t there land no one’s looking. And they will look at you like a freaking idiot.
 
I did not steal anything, I bought the jacket the money was in, and have already given it away.

If you buy an old framed print in a garage sale or from an antique shop, or thrift shop, and once you get it home you find that it has an original copy of the Declaration Of Independence under the print, do you keep it or return it. Im keeping it, I bought the item, and everything it contained.
Good to know.
The initial framing of this thread appeared that you were going around the store searching all the pockets for money, then keeping it.
Buying something and finding money in it later is quite a bit different.

If you return cash at goodwill at the cash
Register, there’s a huge change he’s going to keep that for himself, if the manager isn’t there land no one’s looking. And they will look at you like a freaking idiot.

His actions show his integrity. The same as my actions do. The same as anyone's actions do.
Using the reasoning that one 'might as well take it because someone else would take it anyway' is a poor life model.
Encourage theft, that's a frigging joke.🤣
Stealing because a person finds something some else didn't find-your logic us so skewed it's basically screwed.

But you go and save those thoughts and beliefs for somebody else please 🙏

Taking anything out of a home or business that one did not purchase, is theft.
Even if it's a penny sitting on the floor.
 
Taking anything out of a home or business that one did not purchase, is theft.
Even if it's a penny sitting on the floor.
So you're not into coinstar recoveries?
 
Store does not check pockets of clothes donated, they do not wash them either, I asked.

I guess I should have mentioned that I bought the jacket for $7.50 with my senior discount even though it doesnt fit me, I will donate it to someone homeless as in the past.

Post #7
 
Good to know.
The initial framing of this thread appeared that you were going around the store searching all the pockets for money, then keeping it.
Buying something and finding money in it later is quite a bit different.



His actions show his integrity. The same as my actions do. The same as anyone's actions do.
Using the reasoning that one 'might as well take it because someone else would take it anyway' is a poor life model.


Taking anything out of a home or business that one did not purchase, is theft.
Even if it's a penny sitting on the floor.
We had this very conversation regarding if your in a private home. Nothing belongs to anyone except the owner-period.
I built and sold a company based on 100% honesty - Scrap metal yard. I was tested many times and the truth never lies, nor does it cheat anyone. Companies came to me to handle their assets, built it, ran it, sold it.
I educated my customers on how to make more money, that made my life easier on the processing end.

The conversation today was with a guy (his family buys, liquidates estates.) I have bought $1000s off them and we're doing good business.
The topic today was honesty and we both agreed no matter what you find in a home it's the owners-period.
I had a gold coin drop out of a book binding once-picked it up and gave it to the person in the room.
There's no need to rip somebody off, offer a price, buy it, then it's up to you to do what one pleases to do with the article.

So you are walking down an isle of the grocery store and see a quarter on the floor?.....
Ya you step over it and tell the store "CleanUp in Isle 3"
Sure sure wink wink :laughing7:
It don't matter if you have that inner do good thing where you need to pick it up, and to post a note that you found it.
 
But some will still think the worst of you because it was found money.
I believe they must really repent for anything found while digging up recoveries from detecting. :laughing7:
 

This dumbass had to hire an attorney lol
The waitress found a box left at her table at the Fryn’ Pan Family Restaurant in Moorhead, Minnesota. She chased down the customer in the parking lot, attempting to give her box back. The woman told her to keep it. When she opened it up, she found bundles of cash totaling $12,000.

The mother of five called the police, who told her to wait 90 days to see if anyone claimed the money. She did as instructed, but when she came back for the money, she was told it was being held as drug money. The police had drug dogs investigate the cash and claimed that it smelled like marijuana residue.

Knutson hired an attorney, who filed suit on the case. But before it went to court the county attorney’s office and the Moorhead Police Department agreed to give the money back.
 
The waitress found a box left at her table at the Fryn’ Pan Family Restaurant in Moorhead, Minnesota. She chased down the customer in the parking lot, attempting to give her box back. The woman told her to keep it. When she opened it up, she found bundles of cash totaling $12,000.

The mother of five called the police, who told her to wait 90 days to see if anyone claimed the money. She did as instructed, but when she came back for the money, she was told it was being held as drug money. The police had drug dogs investigate the cash and claimed that it smelled like marijuana residue.

Knutson hired an attorney, who filed suit on the case. But before it went to court the county attorney’s office and the Moorhead Police Department agreed to give the money back.
Well, the cops were turds on this one too.
 
It’s like what happens when you find a bunch of money and call the police, the police confiscates it and you never see it again.
This isn't always true. Several years ago, my wife found a $50 bill in the local Wegman's parking lot. She ended up taking to the sheriff's office. They gave her a receipt for it and 90 days later, it was hers since no one claimed it. She still has it in the evidence bag they put it in.
 
This isn't always true. Several years ago, my wife found a $50 bill in the local Wegman's parking lot. She ended up taking to the sheriff's office. They gave her a receipt for it and 90 days later, it was hers since no one claimed it. She still has it in the evidence bag they put it in.
Not debating the merits if it was the right or wrong thing to do by turning it into the sheriff's office.

Just pointing out what the costs of such an action creates.

The cost of turning it over probably = the actual amount that was turned in and returned.
Going to the Sheriff's office twice
Sheriff/staff recording handling returning the $50 dollar bill
All this comes at the expense of the taxpayer.

Now the Sheriff's office has to take the time out to deal with a $50 bill, instead of dealing with an actual investigation that might be of more importance.
Like an actual crime.
 
Not debating the merits if it was the right or wrong thing to do by turning it into the sheriff's office.

Just pointing out what the costs of such an action creates.

The cost of turning it over probably = the actual amount that was turned in and returned.
Going to the Sheriff's office twice
Sheriff/staff recording handling returning the $50 dollar bill
All this comes at the expense of the taxpayer.

Now the Sheriff's office has to take the time out to deal with a $50 bill, instead of dealing with an actual investigation that might be of more importance.
Like an actual crime.
That's why I don't turn in phones, keys, cameras, etc in to the police. They have better things to do than be a lost and found. I just post them on Craigslist or Next Door.
 
When I lived in Los Angeles I would find cash on the ground on a weekly basis. If I went to the police and said I wanted to return money I found on the ground they would try and arrest me for being a schizophrenic. I found about 3 thousand in 5 years. That doesn’t include the money that was in wallets I returned. I’ve returned dozens of wallets with the money still in it, only 50 percent of people will give you a reward. The most I got was 40 bucks. I also used to pick up the lottery scratcher tickets on the ground and I would get 20 bucks per week or more.
 
Another find yesterday, working now (replaced battery) man's Siko watch in jacket pocket, I bought the jacket it was in for $5.00, jacket was marked $10, but it was 50% off all white tickets week and the jacket had white ticket. S# dates to 1995
 

Attachments

  • 1000030592.webp
    1000030592.webp
    931.1 KB · Views: 47

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom