What's new

Pipe bowl?

Mrtodd

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2014
Messages
260
Reaction score
379
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably not native but I have no clue. Found at the river where I’ve found many artifacts. South Carolina ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558293687.167514.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558293713.551504.webp
 
Upvote 0
Lol I’m still pretty excited about it. It makes me wonder, how many things I’ve passed by.
Anybody have an idea about the age?
 
Can you show pictures of inside the Bowl and the Stem? It looks like Steatite which gives it a really good chance of being ancient and not modern. Great looking Pipe!

By the way, I gave you a vote for the Banner. Complete Pipes are rare finds and it deserves being there. Hope more people do the same.

Really?!!! Lol!
Are y’all playin a joke on me?!
Lol
Thanks!
 
What does banner actually mean?
 
What does banner actually mean?

Not joking at all. The Banner is the pieces that are shown at the top of the page. It is very rare that an artifact gets posted there. It is usually metal detecting finds. Your Pipe is very worthy of that distinction in my mind.
 
I agree with the Grim. Banner vote headed your way.
 
That is a fantastic find and a banner vote for sure. Congratulations and keep it in a safe spot.
 
Every find is a new learning experience, a door or a window to the past, your exquisite pipe has introduced me to a new genre of pipes and their evolution of decoration. Thank you, BANNER!
 
So thats how they came up with their "spirit animal" 🤣🤣🤔🤔
 
Congratulations on your great banner find. I like seeing artifacts from here on the banner strip.
 
Last edited:
the crescents on the sides can be cut with an offset tube drill and sand
front also ? - can't tell
 
Congratulations on making the banner!
 
Congratulations on your banner. I saw the link you posted about the Mississipian style and think you nailed it if found in that region. It is rare as they are always broken if found at all.
 
So cool. That’s an epic find. Was it in the water?
 
Every find is a new learning experience, a door or a window to the past, your exquisite pipe has introduced me to a new genre of pipes and their evolution of decoration. Thank you, BANNER!

Awesome, thanks.
I have to take a break after finding it, I’m looking at all kinds of stuff I normally would not have...exhausting lol. I never thought I’d find something as cool as this piece.

Again, thank you for all the comments and banner etc
[emoji16]
 
Congratulations on your banner. I saw the link you posted about the Mississipian style and think you nailed it if found in that region. It is rare as they are always broken if found at all.

It was found southeast of that region but not too far
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom