Planning on coming to Sacramento, will pay someone to show me some spots.

crumbaker

Feb 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a thread about coming to California awhile ago. Finally got everything in order, and I'm going to try it out first at an airbnb and see if this is the area I want to be in for the rest of my life. I sell pc's on craigslist/ebay for a living, so I can do it anywhere. I don't have a wife/kids so I'm free to try any place.

Anyway was seeing if anyone would want to show me some gold prospecting spots that are somewhat close, in about 3 weeks from now. You would have to drive since I have no car out there yet. Could throw you $50 and buy you lunch. Just wanting to find spots that I could come back to on my own if I wanted(although company is always welcome).

Also if you know of a better place in the US that has good gold and close to a large city I am open to suggestions. Sick of the winters in Ohio, and I have nothing holding me back now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a thread about coming to California awhile ago. Finally got everything in order, and I'm going to try it out first at an airbnb and see if this is the area I want to be in for the rest of my life. I sell pc's on craigslist/ebay for a living, so I can do it anywhere. I don't have a wife/kids so I'm free to try any place.

Anyway was seeing if anyone would want to show me some gold prospecting spots that are somewhat close, in about 3 weeks from now. You would have to drive since I have no car out there yet. Could throw you $50 and buy you lunch. Just wanting to find spots that I could come back to on my own if I wanted(although company is always welcome).

Also if you know of a better place in the US that has good gold and close to a large city I am open to suggestions. Sick of the winters in Ohio, and I have nothing holding me back now.
Get ready for sticker shock when you see the rents.

OP
OP
crumbaker

crumbaker

Feb 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems high, but Columbus has been raising steadily too, not that far off, but then again I don't know what are the good and bad areas.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems high, but Columbus has been raising steadily too, not that far off, but then again I don't know what are the good and bad areas.
Use Zillow to plug in an address and you can see the property values. That will give you a BIG clue of good areas vs bad areas, they also have demographic information.

mattt

Apr 23, 2017
northern calif
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Try Oregon or Washington.Only reason I am stuck here is job I need to retire from in 10 years .Also Family

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Arizona has good gold and Phoenix is close to most of it.

OP
OP
crumbaker

crumbaker

Feb 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arizona has good gold and Phoenix is close to most of it.

hmm, and looking at housing prices it seems a lot more reasonable....

edit: nevermind, want to try a state that has legal weed. I've thought about Oregon and have spent time there in the past, but the larger the city the more money I make. Portland is the only city worth me doing my business in, Medford looks nice, but not enough people in the area.

Last edited:

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Look toward Seattle. Mild weather, nearby gold, skiing, fishing and hunting all within a short drive. Rent is high in town but there are a lot of nearby areas that aren't so bad compared to Calif.

G

ghostminer

Warning : the FED has NOT legalized weed and does NOT recognize the states rights to do so. The Federal Government can still bust you. Trump hates California. Advise : BE CAREFUL.

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's called Methferd by the locals :evil6:
It's freaking everywhere! Some areas of Methford area have more reasonable rent, but you probably won't like your neighbors. To me there are lots of people there in the area, but then I'm rural on the coast. Best of luck to you in your venture.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crumbaker if you here after the weekend of the 20th I could take you out and put some gold in your pan. Possibly shoot me a $20 for gas if I'm driving it's all I ask. Pm me if your interested.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep thread on topic or don't post. End the insults and attacks.

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Instead of rent and car how about an RV. Travel anywhere and you can ship a computer to anywhere/from anywhere. If you get to SW Oregon let me know.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikep691, you don't see the insults and attacks because they were deleted.

Take the time to read our rules too, members are not allowed to challenge moderation in open forums, you have issue with moderation contact a mod, please post by our rules that you agreed to by posting here.

"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public."

"Respect our moderators. Our moderators are tasked with keeping TreasureNet family friendly, on topic, and civil. Not always an easy task. Insults, and personal attacks against our moderators will not be tolerated and may be grounds for account deletion and banning. If you've posted something, and it disappears, don't make a big deal out of it in another post! (You've probably violated some rule below!)"

Last edited:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing about it is, to even have a remote chance of being a gold miner you first have to buy a pan and try it for yourself. 99.9% of people have no clue what its about or how difficult it can be. I have friends from highschool and coworkers asking me all the time to take them. But i dont take anyone seriously. If your fever isnt hot enough for you to buy a 10 dollar gold pan and do a simple google search to find a place to try it. You dont really have the temp neccessary to suceed..Every year we have multiple "im moving to CA to mine gold" threads. Not once do they ever post from California giving it a go. When i got the fever i never asked anyone to help me. I just did it. And by just doing it wether you succeed or fail will prove that your commited and commitment is what it takes to find gold. There are no secret places where everyone gets gold with no skills. First you must learn the skills and the trade. Then doors may open for you. To this day nobody has ever taken me to some magical "spot" where u can go and get gold. As if you just park the truck and pick it up off the ground.
Im not saying you cant or shouldnt do it. But how do you know you would even enjoy it? Gold mining means driving far, hiking steep canyons, stqnding on uneven ground with heavy loads and digging rocks...let me say that again... digging rocks! There is a lot of pain,time,money and effort spent sometimes for nothing! maybe 2 flakes worth 25 cents when you spent 20 on gas and 10 on food.

You will get more offers to help if you show initiative instead of asking for charity. Go out and try, come back with something or comeback with nothing. You will run into other miners while out there. Post your experience on the forum and then watch how the help flows in.

Last edited:
G

ghostminer

I could take you to a place where you will get gold in 2 minutes. Depends how much you want to pay me.That's from one 5 gal bucket of raw gravel. $50 &
lunch won't cut it photo 2.JPG

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What a fun journey. Be nice to get out of this freezing weather. Have fun and good luck and let us know how you make out. Hopefully show us some gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread