Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a call from a frantic young man.He told me about the loss of a very important ring and the almost superhuman efforts he,family and friends had already made in their efforts for recovery.His story was really touching so I agreed to drive down the mountain and into the high desert with my hunting buddy to try and help them out.

This young guy still had two years of payments and no insurance.A rookie paramedic,he isnt a man of means but he went all in on this diamond and platinum ring for his new bride,his sweetheart since jr. high.He had spent three night sessions after his shifts with flashlights,rakes,walmart cheapo detector and volunteer help searching the snow covered area high above yucca valley where it was lost.

Yesterday we headed out early for the 2 1/2 hr.drive to meet the young couple and follow them into the remote area.We figured out the high percentage areas and began the search.In about 10 minutes I heard my buddy holler,"gotcha".Yup he got it 1" deep in what was now mud in a tire rut.located in an area where their search was concentrated.Sucess !!!!

for those of you who have expierienced this,you know what I mean.For those who havent yet trust me...its the greatest feeling you can have with a tector in your hand.Overwhelming joy ,hugs and celebration.a very cool thing.Joining theringfinders.com years ago was a great move for me.
008.JPG .... 009.JPG

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
That is AWESOME! :weee:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome post, SUper deed, sure wish you dug it, so I could nominate you for honorable mention. Is your buddy a Tnetter?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY ! ! ! THATS MY RING ! ! !

I put an ad in the paper that I lost that ring in that very spot ! ! !

:P

Last edited:

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the recovery! It still looks a little loose, I'd recommend a ring guard/spacer!

OP
OP
bigfoot1

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm actually tthankful ernie found it.he has been on several recovery missions with me without any success.it was his turn to feel the pride of handing it to a tearful gal.He is soooo pumped.the whole drive home he was stoked.a cool ending to a touching story

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent work you two!
Congrats on a successful recovery.
That ring needed to go back where it was intended to be for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions