What's new

Pleasant Surprise

Burdie

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
5,591
Reaction score
90
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been awhile since I posted the last time. I had a pleasant surprise when I found a 1751 half reale on a Spanish trail. It might of been in a fire not sure. Not sure I should try to clean it off. I did not scratch it probably a disc got it. It was a great day to hunt. Not to many found out my way. I don't know a thing about Spanish coins. Thanks for looking.

PICT0003.webp​

PICT0007.webp​

Burdie
 
Upvote 0
There's just no tellin' what you might dig up there in Caldwell. ;D Nice find Burdie! :thumbsup:
 
Terrific find,Stan.You must be walking on a cloud.And yes,I think Ameristar has a slot that will accept it,so not to worry,Vicki will win with it. :thumbsup:
 
I'm just trying to imagine a Spanish explorer roaring across Kansas on a healthy steed, then stumbling, and this coin rolling out of his pocket! Great find!! And good to hear from you, Burdie!
 
great find!!!!!! MR TUFF
 
Nice find ! And in Kansas to boot . That coin looks great right out of the ground , a lot better shape than most .
 
Noodle said:
I'm just trying to imagine a Spanish explorer roaring across Kansas on a healthy steed, then stumbling, and this coin rolling out of his pocket! Great find!! And good to hear from you, Burdie!

:icon_scratch:Why is everybody so shocked that a Reale would be in Kansas?They were legal tender up into the early 1850's,and there was people all over Kansas then,not to mention the thousands of people coming through there heading west!!!!
 
Great find! Congrats! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
 
Burdie, as I said...you know how to make the heart do a pitter patter. WOW! :headbang:

GREAT JOB!!!!!

Mel

borninok
 
Iron Patch said:
A Spanish silver is always a good day. I would be happy with the coin as is.

Same here, but its the least harsh way, if you wanted to :-\
 
You found that in CALDWELL? :o
Surprise%20Photo%201.webp
Man Burdie....That rocks! Well done my brother.
 
SWEET, Burdie!!! :notworthy: Good gosh, that's a keeper for sure! :icon_pirat:

Nana :hello:
 
Alright Congratulations Burdie! That's quite a find from your neck of the woods! :occasion14:
 
Great find Iam jealous, keep swing level.

Arnie from logan kansas
 
Great find Stan. I sure miss being able to get out with you. Monty
 
Interesting find,newbie/lesson question -Is it possible it was stamped upside down?notice the base of the 1 is also inverted? so that the bottom of the 1 is on top 1715? would change a lot
HH
Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom