What's new

Pleasant Surprise

Burdie

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
5,591
Reaction score
90
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been awhile since I posted the last time. I had a pleasant surprise when I found a 1751 half reale on a Spanish trail. It might of been in a fire not sure. Not sure I should try to clean it off. I did not scratch it probably a disc got it. It was a great day to hunt. Not to many found out my way. I don't know a thing about Spanish coins. Thanks for looking.

PICT0003.webp​

PICT0007.webp​

Burdie
 
Upvote 0
wow! how exciting! congrats on the reale :hello2:
 
You can softly rub it between tinfoil & spit. If your unsure, try it on a newer black silver coin. Don't over do it as it can look a little shinny.
 
A Spanish silver is always a good day. I would be happy with the coin as is.
 
Nice dig. It looks good as is to me!
 
Wow, that's a beautiful coin.. in Kansas? :o If it were mine, I'd leave it but obviously up to you :thumbsup:
 
:icon_scratch:Doesnt something look funny?Is it just the picture?

Great find,either way!!! :thumbsup:
 
Hey Crusader I would not of thought of trying that in a million years. Thanks. I appreciate what everyone is saying about not cleaning it. I have not decided yet. I have to add when I dug this coin up I was dumb founded when I saw the Spanish crown. Then I lightly picked the dirt off the rest and said no way. I sure will remember the great feeling I had.

Burdie
 
Kuger you just went over my head??? Sorry

Burdie
 
Ok, yes the five looks just that way. I first thought it was a 9 but all the dates of that period had a closed nine. I don't have an answer for why it looks that way.

Burdie
 
The color just looks funny to me?

Not downgrading your awesome find at all Burdie,I was just thinking maybe it is a counterfeit,which would be better yet!!!
 
Excellent dig Stan :hello2: I can't wait to see that piece cleaned up!! Keep at it,there's bound to be some more goodie's there for ya :thumbsup:
 
Burdie? :icon_scratch: Burdie? :icon_scratch: Hmmmmm. Where do I know that name from? :dontknow: Burdie? :icon_scratch:
Oh yeah, it's Stan!!!! How have you been buddy? :hello:
When you come back, you come back in style. :notworthy: Excellent find Stan. Congrats.
I hope you are doing well,
Doug
 
nice find, looks good to me. :icon_thumright:
 
Very pleasant surprise indeed. Congrats, Stan!!
 
Kuger good eye. I had to really lighten it up to let people see the coin. Here is what you would see if I had not doctored it up. Oh it is magnified a great deal also.PICT0007.webp


Burdie
 

Attachments

  • PICT0007.webp
    PICT0007.webp
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,288
Thanks Civilman1. :thumbsup:
Hey MM I have to do something to make you want to come out here. ;D
RR thanks dear.

Yes I believe more is here. In fact the one thing I know is out here at this site has still eluded me. Thanks for the replies friends.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom