What's new

Points From My Oldest Frame

Americus

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
3,249
Reaction score
3,827
Golden Thread
0
This was done for another Indian artifice website so I decided to post it here. I'm going to show some points that I have in my oldest frame. All but 2 of these were found by me on a dirt road on my grandfather's farm over 50 years ago in Burke County, Ga.


This is the first point I ever found.





This is probably my favorite point.








This one was found at Young Harris College by my grandfather when he was digging for fish bait. He was a student there in 1914 and 1915. If means a lot to me.



































This one was found on a boy scout camping trip in Candler County, GA.


 
Upvote 0
You been out lately? Raining here I hope it comes down hard tonight. You got a lot of points that's for sure. Nice ones to.
 
Great to see you put together a post like this.
With the amount of land you have looked and miles you've put in.. Not to mention the sheer number of nice artifacts I've seen from you... Seeing a new photo of the first point you ever found and some of your favorites means a lot great post thank you for sharing
 
You been out lately? Raining here I hope it comes down hard tonight. You got a lot of points that's for sure. Nice ones to.


We have not had rain in a long time. I have some fields that I am dying to hunt. We are supposed to have rain tomorrow. I hope it rains bucketfuls.
 
We have not had rain in a long time. I have some fields that I am dying to hunt. We are supposed to have rain tomorrow. I hope it rains bucketfuls.

Some beauties there! Still waiting for rain here in NC. For the year, we have a 7.5" rainfall deficit. My fields that I have permission to search were plowed several weeks ago for the most part.
 
Those are some very nice points. I can see why your favorite is your favorite!
 
Awesome points, great post. That first point is a beauty. It is easy to see how it hooked you so long ago. HH
 
We have not had rain in a long time. I have some fields that I am dying to hunt. We are supposed to have rain tomorrow. I hope it rains bucketfuls.

We ended up with 2.5 inches of rain......yeah. I saw on radar you might of gotten more.
 
We ended up with 2.5 inches of rain......yeah. I saw on radar you might of gotten more.

We got 1.5 inches at my house, but when I went to some land 20 miles from home, they had gotten very little. I did find 3 nice ones which I will past tomorrow. One of them is what I call a killer!
 
You have some really exceptionally nice points! :icon_thumleft: I bet that the point from your Grandfather brings back fond memories that you both shared.
 
We got 1.5 inches at my house, but when I went to some land 20 miles from home, they had gotten very little. I did find 3 nice ones which I will past tomorrow. One of them is what I call a killer!

I can hardly wait to see it!
 
That 2nd point is just fantastic! very nice finds my friend.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom