What's new

Pompano!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
14,653
Reaction score
9,097
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow,...just tried some and these things are great eating! Anybody care to share their favorite pompano recipe? I think my stomach is suffering from love at first taste! :laughing7:
 
triple tail is like heaven...cobia is a runner up ,,,
 
KEYSHUNTER said:
triple tail is like heaven...cobia is a runner up ,,,

I was wondering about Cobia, heard they were really good but I don't know much about them yet.
 
I like all of the above but would like to add Grouper and Dolphin (Dorado) to the list .

Alan
 
Pompa YES YES YES! It is important to cook them with their heads on. There are oils which are released that add to the flavor. Just make sure you know exactly what they look like or you may accidentally eat a nasty Jack.
 
Rooter said:
Pompa YES YES YES! It is important to cook them with their heads on. There are oils which are released that add to the flavor. Just make sure you know exactly what they look like or you may accidentally eat a nasty Jack.

Funny you should mention it, just the other day I watched a guy (down on vacation) cleaning a couple of good sized Jacks that he thought were Pomps. Easy mistake to make if you're not familiar with them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom