L Libsk91 Tenderfoot Joined Nov 23, 2019 Messages 7 Reaction score 2 Golden Thread 0 Location South Dakota Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 30, 2019 Thread Owner #1 Posted in Rocks/Gem and didn’t hear from anyone, but did have someone suggest fossilized coral on another website? Curious what this is!!
Posted in Rocks/Gem and didn’t hear from anyone, but did have someone suggest fossilized coral on another website? Curious what this is!!
smokeythecat Platinum Member Joined Nov 22, 2012 Messages 20,926 Reaction score 41,158 Golden Thread 10 Location Maryland 🥇 Banner finds 10 Detector(s) used XP Deus II Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 30, 2019 #2 I think it's just two types of quartz cemented together. The grains were "almost quartz crystals".
old digger Gold Member Joined Jan 15, 2012 Messages 7,554 Reaction score 7,441 Golden Thread 0 Location Montana Detector(s) used White's MXT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 30, 2019 #3 Have to agree with Smokey.
L Libsk91 Tenderfoot Joined Nov 23, 2019 Messages 7 Reaction score 2 Golden Thread 0 Location South Dakota Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 30, 2019 Thread Owner #4 Awesome! Thank you very much!
Jason in Enid Gold Member Joined Oct 10, 2009 Messages 9,692 Reaction score 9,213 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 30, 2019 #5 Yes, it is a VERY highly worn remains of a coral fossil. That honeycomb pattern is the giveaway.
smokeythecat Platinum Member Joined Nov 22, 2012 Messages 20,926 Reaction score 41,158 Golden Thread 10 Location Maryland 🥇 Banner finds 10 Detector(s) used XP Deus II Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 30, 2019 #6 With that said, the two types together reference an ancient magma melt. Any gold nearby?
L Libsk91 Tenderfoot Joined Nov 23, 2019 Messages 7 Reaction score 2 Golden Thread 0 Location South Dakota Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 30, 2019 Thread Owner #7 No, not that I’m aware of. There has been gold found 350 some miles away in the black hills, but now I’m going to have to look closer in the area I found this. I’m glad it caught my eye! Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
No, not that I’m aware of. There has been gold found 350 some miles away in the black hills, but now I’m going to have to look closer in the area I found this. I’m glad it caught my eye!
L Libsk91 Tenderfoot Joined Nov 23, 2019 Messages 7 Reaction score 2 Golden Thread 0 Location South Dakota Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 30, 2019 Thread Owner #8 Is it just time that would cause the worn honeycomb pattern? I’ve never came across something like this ever. Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
Is it just time that would cause the worn honeycomb pattern? I’ve never came across something like this ever.
L Libsk91 Tenderfoot Joined Nov 23, 2019 Messages 7 Reaction score 2 Golden Thread 0 Location South Dakota Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 30, 2019 Thread Owner #9 I attached a video if anyone wants to take a look, it has some really cool markings along with the honeycomb pattern
I attached a video if anyone wants to take a look, it has some really cool markings along with the honeycomb pattern
C CaptEsteban Bronze Member Joined Jul 26, 2011 Messages 1,277 Reaction score 1,217 Golden Thread 0 Dec 1, 2019 #10 I would work a few pans from different areas, next time I was out there.