What's new

Possible to brighten up silver?

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
Joined
May 22, 2013
Messages
2,251
Reaction score
1,993
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TarnX works great for removing the black tarnish from silver rings that have been in the water for years. The only problem is that they are left with a dull silver look - Is there anyway to bring back that polished silver look? ???
 
4000 grit sandpaper.
 
Do Not try to polish the old silver coins as this will ruin the coins collectable value!
 
Old digger - I am talking rings here, not coins
 
A great product for all metals in Never-Dull. It's a chemical treated wadding. Very gentle as far as affecting the metal but will polish well. I've even used it on airplanes. The George Basch Co.
 
Thanks hvacker - I'll give it a try and let you all know if it works out!
 
I know I should have asked what she uses. She will boil a couple cups of water. add 1 tbs baking soda and pour it into a pie pan lined with aluminum foil. Says it works great. I went on line and found the method. The silver has to touch the aluminum so there is some electrolytic process.
Sodium bicarbonate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia There seems to be nothing negative. Baking soda is one of those compounds that reacts to both acids and bases.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom