What's new

Posting some older finds during the cold snap.

Mich. Wolverine

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
606
Reaction score
414
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
These are some older finds that I don't think that I posted here before. If you have some please post them for us to see in the down time.
SANY0333.webpSANY0334.webpSANY0336.webpSANY0338.webpSANY0339.webp
Wolverine.
 
Excellent - neat finds :-)
 
Thank's for the comment Lonewolfe. I should let everyone know what they are. The first picture is a sash buckle and the 2nd one is a watch fob found in a civil war vets yard. The 3rd one is a suspender buckle from the 1876 worlds fair. The 4th one is an Egyptian revival brooch and I think it's from the 1920's. The last piece is a soccer buckle buckle from the 1920's to the 1930's.
Wolverine.
 
Those are some real nice finds , and thanks for sharing during this down time!
 
Thank's for the comment Lonewolfe. I should let everyone know what they are. The first picture is a sash buckle and the 2nd one is a watch fob found in a civil war vets yard. The 3rd one is a suspender buckle from the 1876 worlds fair. The 4th one is an Egyptian revival brooch and I think it's from the 1920's. The last piece is a soccer buckle buckle from the 1920's to the 1930's.
Wolverine.

Thanks for the details, I needed that. Cool digs. Relics rock, IMO. :icon_thumleft:

I would love to find something related to a world's fair.

HH
 
Very nice finds!
 
those are some sweet old finds!...thanks for the details too. I found an Egyptian revival relic a couple of years ago too, a buckle. I have a few GAR relics too, man I love that stuff. Thanks for sharing.
 

Attachments

  • 11-7 buckle.webp
    11-7 buckle.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 255
  • 9-17.webp
    9-17.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 249
  • 6-3buckle.webp
    6-3buckle.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 242
here is a GAR encampment token I found about a year ago too
 

Attachments

  • 12-11 GAR back.webp
    12-11 GAR back.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 254
Wow! You guys are giving me the fever to get out! Those are some dandy finds! This weekend would have been great had we not got dumped on last week. Thanks so much for sharing! I've got several decent finds still in the olive oil...when I find time I'll have to post 'em.
 
those are some sweet old finds!...thanks for the details too. I found an Egyptian revival relic a couple of years ago too, a buckle. I have a few GAR relics too, man I love that stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Very nice, pg. Love the Egyptian belt buckle. :icon_thumleft: Is it still sturdy enough to wear?

HH
 
Very nice, pg. Love the Egyptian belt buckle. :icon_thumleft: Is it still sturdy enough to wear?

HH
heck yes! here is a pic of the back, It's very heavy and solid brass I guess. I should try it on a belt, never considered it.
 

Attachments

  • 11-7 buckle back.webp
    11-7 buckle back.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 233
Great finds Postalgriff. I would love to find a G.A.R. buckle. Your last buckle is cool and it seems more like Inca or Aztec in design. Thanks for posting them.
Wolverine.
 
heck yes! here is a pic of the back, It's very heavy and solid brass I guess. I should try it on a belt, never considered it.

Yeah, think MW's right on the Aztec/Inca idea.

I think it's funky cool. :icon_thumleft: Should be worn....great conversation starter. LOL

attachment.php
 
Yeah, think MW's right on the Aztec/Inca idea.

I think it's funky cool. :icon_thumleft: Should be worn....great conversation starter. LOL

attachment.php

Huh... I posted it in the what's it forum a few years ago someone said Egyptian revival period, so that's what I've always assumed. I found it at an old house in the city.
 
Awesome stuff guys!! I love finding cool relics and weird stuff like the Egyptian items. I added a couple of older finds that fit this thread. The GAR item was found in a Civil War Veteran's yard. Never found any info on the Egyptian brooch
DSCN5317.webpDSCN3991.webp
 
Love em all guys!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom