Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Brad! don't you need someone to to hire and look after your cheerleader squad?

You mean the Titans?

laughing11.gif

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
note to winner --state with no state taxes to claim from -- Florida --- also claiming as a "trust / corperation taxes at say 17 % vs claiming as a person at 40% tax rate --a savings of 23 % (roughly 1/4 th of all you won) on 1.3 billion that would be about 299 million dollars ..your welcome ... clearly how you claim matters ...,with the difference in state taxes - no state taxes and different fed tax rates --that could easily be well over 300 million dollars .over 1/3 rd of all your money won just in "tax differences" on how and where your claim your winnings (sound of toilet flushing)

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tennessee also has NO state taxes... and I'm heading to Antarctica to live a life of luxury. ZERO taxes there... period. May be a little chilly at times... but what the hell... Just have some veggies, meat, spuds and other items dropped in and I'm good to go for a long time... I can afford it.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I for one find it horrifying that -- the fact of how (private person 40% vs as a "trust / corperation" 17% ) and where you claim (state with state taxes vs no state taxes)... "your" lotto prize money could easily cost you about 1/3rd of your winnings in "extra taxes" ...poor dumb joe idiot lotto player runs to the local state lotto office headquarters and plunks downs his "winning" powerball ticket ---well (toilet flushing sound) there goes 300 million dollars ..that's shameful--- 300 million thats enough to give a person 500,000 a month (6 million a year) for 50 years

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tennessee also has NO state taxes... and I'm heading to Antarctica to live a life of luxury. ZERO taxes there... period. May be a little chilly at times... but what the hell... Just have some veggies, meat, spuds and other items dropped in and I'm good to go for a long time... I can afford it.

no bad, chilly cheerleaders are ok

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hell yes I do ($2, 455, 667. 03 p/yr.) ....!!!!!!!!! But you've got to get over this INDY thing and Peyton being gone. HINT: You better suck up to LUCK and pass it onward to me.

I'll do it for $455k, and use the rest for better cheerleaders

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get yourself a ticket...at some point, somebody wins.

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Just ran across this, 1st I'd heard about it, but I seldom play the Lottery.

Thought I'd toss it in here, not trying to "harsh anyone's mellow" 8-)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-million-jackpot-rigged-by-a-former-employee/

What caused suspicion

In December 2010, a man walked into a Quik Trip convenience store on Des Moines’ north side and bought what would become the winning ticket in a Hot Lotto draw with a $16.5 million jackpot, according to court documents.

The prize was unclaimed for nearly a year. In November 2011, a Canadian man contacted the Iowa Lottery claiming to be the winner. A month later, he said he was not the winner himself, but represented the anonymous winner. Later that month, a New York lawyer came forward to claim the prize for a Belize-based trust. No one involved could provide the basic details of the winner, information required by Iowa law. Eventually, the attorney withdrew the claim to the jackpot and the money went back to the states where the tickets were sold.
So what happened?

Investigators never gave up on the curious case and, three years later, released surveillance footage of a hooded man buying the winning ticket in the hopes that someone would recognize him. Several people identified him as Edward Tipton, Multi-State Lottery Association’s former security director.

Tipton was charged with fraud almost exactly one year ago, on Jan. 15, 2015. Investigators argued that Tipton was able to secure the winning ticket for himself through self-destructing software he installed on lottery computers, according to the Des Moines Register. Tipton then allegedly filtered the ticket through a friend in Texas.

Ultimately, he was found guilty of two counts of fraud last July and sentenced to 10 years in prison last September.
The investigation expands

In October, investigators alleged that Tipton also rigged a $4.8 million jackpot in Colorado in 2005 and a $2 million jackpot in Wisconsin in 2007. They have also investigated alleged rigging in Kansas and Oklahoma.

After the investigation was expanded nationwide in early October, Multi-State’s executive director Charles Strutt — who had run Powerball since it was created — was quietly placed on indefinite administrative leave, according to the Associated Press. Strutt hopes to return to the job when the Tipton case ends.

Tipton denies the allegations that he abused his position and is facing a second trial this month.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow if you can't trust a man running a gambling deal who can you trust?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It just tipped the 1.4 Billion mark, with a $868 million cash pay out.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I win you can bet someone else will be doing the cleaning, cooking, washing for starters. And a house with more land around it so I don't need to listen to my neighbor's crappy band playing with everyone in a different cord.
Now that I think about the list is quite long.:laughing7:

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't usually play lottery, but I'll buy a ticket for this, and if I win, I'm buying up 500 acres of scenic Maine coast, having a fine cabin built for me- complete with antler chandeliers and stick furniture and big, hand-hewn beams, and I'm spending my days metal detecting wherever the hell my fancy takes me, and my evenings studying local history... it's nice to dream :thumbsup:

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The best description that I have ever heard is "the lottery is a special tax for people who are very bad at math" Like what part of 1 chance in 290,000,000 dont you understand? however. that being said. I have my ticket in hand 1.3 billion and counting........ALL my TN friends will get millions if God blesses our house

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't usually play the lottery....but when I do, I prefer a billion plus. :laughing7:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's so funny about this, Loco, is that on the way to work, I was dreaming about what would happen if I won the 1.3 Billion... (which isn't going to happen... I don't play the lottery... but I was dreaming anyway)...

I actually thought, "I'd buy all my buddies on T-Net a new CTX 3030..."

LOL

So, there you have it, you can have a new CTX 3030, if I win one!
BUY A TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing7: You will probably win the big one. "This is the big one Elizabeth, I'm coming to join you." (Red Fox)
Marvin

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't usually play the lottery....but when I do, I prefer a billion plus. :laughing7:

Well when I quit doing the commercials for the "World's Most Interesting Man" I decided to move on. I approached the "Coors Light" folks.... but apparently they didn't see my former commercials.

What the hell...? it won't matter soon!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread