What's new

pre ww2 bayonet?

pursuit

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2010
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
ohio
Detector(s) used
whites v3
Hello, my grandpa served in WW2 but was with the airforce. He passed away in the mid 70's and then grandma passed on in 2002,it was then that we grandchildren took a tour of her Home as we ended up in the basement looking for cool things when I opened a drawer and found this bayonet. There are stampings on the blade on both sides it is 16 3/4" overall and the blade itself measures 12" with wood handle and brass divots and working detach button. Can someone tell me what the markings mean? I took pics but also dawn them on paper as I see them.(markings) also what war and what country?
 

Attachments

  • 1294275264334.webp
    1294275264334.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_20110104_130829.webp
    IMG_20110104_130829.webp
    424.6 KB · Views: 607
  • 1294275264334.webp
    1294275264334.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 1294274968045.webp
    1294274968045.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 274
  • 1294276034422.webp
    1294276034422.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 1294276066100.webp
    1294276066100.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 261
Upvote 0
Resized your pics :icon_thumleft:.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20110104_130907.webp
    IMG_20110104_130907.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 782
  • IMG_20110104_131046.webp
    IMG_20110104_131046.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 898
Upvote 0
Thanks hammered..... I appreciate your time looking it up for me... I can't see for the life of me why they would put that many service marks on there lol! What could possibly go wrong with a bayonet other than need sharpening. Im glad to know were it originated from!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom