HandsomeStranger
Tenderfoot
- Joined
- Jan 8, 2014
- Messages
- 5
- Reaction score
- 3
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Hello All!
First of all, I would like to say that I am new to this site and love it! I am an experianced Arizona outdoorsman and a novice treasure hunter. Recently, I broke my back and have been out of work. Needless to say, my activities have been severely limited and I spend much of my time inside my house, hoping the day comes when I can put my boots and backpack on and explore. So you can all imagine my surprise when, at this lowest of points in my life, I discover my most valuable treasure to date!
My journey began, in front of my computer, reading a story about the treasure that has inspired many to begin hunting, the "Lost Dutchman's Goldmine". The story, itself, was a good one and contained the signpost/symbol which led me to find my treasure. The signpost/symbol to my treasure was a link that, when clicked, led me to an old comment section, in which, the author discussed his research with various readers. One of these readers soon tookover and overwhelmed everyone else on the site with his unique brand of wisdom, in regards to history and treasure.
The sheer absurdity of what this person says has become the biggest treasure that I have ever found. In the darkest time of my life, the laughs that I have had reading this gentleman's posts are worth more to me than any spanish gold, Wells Fargo silver, or paleo arrowheads. (once I can walk again, we'll see if I still feel this way about their value!) Even if this person turns out to be the most sucessful treasure hunter of all time, I will always laugh when I read his posts.
According to him, he has found/located every lost treasure, mine, cache, and historical site. He is not Christ but the second coming of Christ. He always claims to take pictures of his finds but always loses them due to some technological glitch. He connects the "Black Death" to uranium poisoning to a ledge in the Arizona desert that he saw while flying in a commercial jetliner due to "a golden glint shining in his eye" to the "Lost Dutchman's Gold" to the Knight's Templar. Also, English must be his second or third language and grammar a rumor he once heard about.
I was so entertained by this guy that I googled his moniker and traced him to this site, where I have happily continued to read his posts.
My treasure goes by the name "the blindbowman". Alas, while writing this post, I noticed that his last activity was in 2008, I was actually disappointed and almost deleted this before posting it but he really is entertaining and ,perhaps, one late night, when you have nothing better to do, you'll enjoy his research as much as I did.
Anyways, I am really glad that this site is here to read and I hope to exchange ideas and stories with everyone, soon.
First of all, I would like to say that I am new to this site and love it! I am an experianced Arizona outdoorsman and a novice treasure hunter. Recently, I broke my back and have been out of work. Needless to say, my activities have been severely limited and I spend much of my time inside my house, hoping the day comes when I can put my boots and backpack on and explore. So you can all imagine my surprise when, at this lowest of points in my life, I discover my most valuable treasure to date!
My journey began, in front of my computer, reading a story about the treasure that has inspired many to begin hunting, the "Lost Dutchman's Goldmine". The story, itself, was a good one and contained the signpost/symbol which led me to find my treasure. The signpost/symbol to my treasure was a link that, when clicked, led me to an old comment section, in which, the author discussed his research with various readers. One of these readers soon tookover and overwhelmed everyone else on the site with his unique brand of wisdom, in regards to history and treasure.
The sheer absurdity of what this person says has become the biggest treasure that I have ever found. In the darkest time of my life, the laughs that I have had reading this gentleman's posts are worth more to me than any spanish gold, Wells Fargo silver, or paleo arrowheads. (once I can walk again, we'll see if I still feel this way about their value!) Even if this person turns out to be the most sucessful treasure hunter of all time, I will always laugh when I read his posts.
According to him, he has found/located every lost treasure, mine, cache, and historical site. He is not Christ but the second coming of Christ. He always claims to take pictures of his finds but always loses them due to some technological glitch. He connects the "Black Death" to uranium poisoning to a ledge in the Arizona desert that he saw while flying in a commercial jetliner due to "a golden glint shining in his eye" to the "Lost Dutchman's Gold" to the Knight's Templar. Also, English must be his second or third language and grammar a rumor he once heard about.
I was so entertained by this guy that I googled his moniker and traced him to this site, where I have happily continued to read his posts.
My treasure goes by the name "the blindbowman". Alas, while writing this post, I noticed that his last activity was in 2008, I was actually disappointed and almost deleted this before posting it but he really is entertaining and ,perhaps, one late night, when you have nothing better to do, you'll enjoy his research as much as I did.
Anyways, I am really glad that this site is here to read and I hope to exchange ideas and stories with everyone, soon.
. Sorry to hear about your back, hope you get to feeling better soon.
. It all started, a few years back, while I was hunting in the desert, north of Phoenix. As I was walking, I noticed a cave or mine that was located about 3/4 of the way up a steep mountain. It is located at the base of a twenty-something foot tall wall, high on the steepest side of the mountain, behind a small tree, which hides it, at most times of the day. The shadow of the tree is so effective at hiding the cave/mine, that I wonder if it is there on purpose. The cave/mine side of the mountain is steep and covered with too much The back side is a tough steep hike that leads to the flat top of the mountain, about a hundred feet higher than the wall that the cave is at the base of. This mountain is just one of many peaks in a small area and ,as such, is nothing special. It is out of the way, too steep for livestock, featureless, in other words, there is nothing up there, screaming, "come climb me!", except for what may be a very hard to see mine or cave. On the top of the mountain, there are a couple of fire rings that have not been used in a very long time. From the top of the mountain, there is a small saddle, followed by a slighly inclined walk, which leads to a spot on top of the wall, over the cave/mine. Without ropes, there is no safe way to get down to it. 






