Putting a higher volume to the test this week.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, well, I went crazy ( for me anyways) and ordered 28 boxes of halves this week to search, first 8 come in tomorrow, 4 more Wed, 2 more Thursday, and 14 on Friday! If everything gets ordered and sent, this will be my biggest search ever, and most likely my last big search, this will consume a lot of time, miles and gas which I could never do everyweek. So, I will post on this thread through the week to show what I find and how many skunks I get, I'm not very optimistic about it, I think it will be more of a thread about my skunks than anything else, we'll see. If the newer people or those that think CRHing will make you rich, I will most likely show you that it won't, and that I spent more time and gas than it was worth, but this a hobby for me ( not this week, it's work) and the thrill of the hunt that keeps me going, not thinking I'm going to make money right now. I will probably not post a bunch of pics as it will be just too time consuming, but I will keep you updated with as much info as I can. Wish me luck guys! HH, Maverick.

Upvote 0

Half Hunter

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with it. I upped mine to from 18 to 24. Should get 20 for sure, the other 4 are 50/50. I dump 6 bags, and 4 boxes a week at 2 set banks, then have been "free dumping" the other 2 boxes, so a little more random dumping for me this week. 6 weds,8 thurs,10 friday, would like to find tuesday pick up myself..

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
OK guys, I'm heading out to get the first 4 of 8 today, I will post when I get home with them. I just wanted to let some of you know that I am only doing this this week because I have some extra time, this is just going to be a 1 time try at this for me, I could never do this every week, wife and 2 kids, work, and Cubscouts, just not enough time to this weekly, after this, it is back to my normal14-16 boxes a week. I will be rerolling all of this this week and dumping 1000 at 14 different branches this week to accomplish this, no bag drop off this week. HH, Maverick.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im excited to see what u come up with, good luck!

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
There's multiple high-rollers here that do this every week that increases the risk of getting dumps, you need to order more boxes to push through there
Dumps.

That is my problem right now, there appears to be a high volume searcher who is pissing into my pot right now and my silver concentration has taken a major hit because of it. Their marked dumps is what caught my eye, every week I see multiple boxes with the same marks in it. Sadly I dont have the ability to increase my load, I am having issues right now with the weather keeping up with the few boxes I get a week.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
First 4 boxes

Well, as I expected, nothing spectacular, 1 90 and 3 40's from 1 box, the other 3 were skunks. I thought this box was going to be good when the Walker popped out of the first row, the other 3 were in the first couple rows, nothing else in the box, which just tells me that I just missed a really good box. Maybe the 1 in a million odds will be with me that the other box is still riding around in the truck waiting to be delivered at my other pick up this afternoon, and maybe pigs will fly, not. Oh, well, next 4 boxes in a few hours, fingers are crossed! I took the pics as they came out of the box.

23 miles driven to pick these up and come home
55 miles driven yesterday to make 4 dumps to start this week out, so thats 78 miles in 2 days driven at $4.00 a gallon, $20.00 spent in gas so far, not including all the time to dump, pickup and search.

I also started out at 4 skunks allready + the 3 today makes 7 skunks to go through to find these 3 40's and 1 90.

Attachments

• DSCN6120.JPG
    DSCN6120.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCN6123.JPG
    DSCN6123.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCN6124.JPG
    DSCN6124.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN6125.JPG
    DSCN6125.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN6126.JPG
    DSCN6126.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN6128.JPG
    DSCN6128.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 156

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the update mav. Looks like your already behind the8 ball as far as profit goes. Maybe u can dig yourself out with a good box or two.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Mav, Hopefully you can get the box before and the box after the walker and 3 40's. You never know....it could happen. Love that walker though!
Good Luck man! Keep us updated!

HH

Big Fat

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That Walker is gorgeous. I've found full collection dumps from a week's pickup from different banks / branches. One of the benefits of higher volume. Same could be said about skunks though. Hehe

Hopefully you find the rest of the collection.

HH

Last edited:

Mtldealer

May 8, 2012
District 12, SouthWest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with your searching... I'm eager to see stats. Rythem is the key. I do around that amount a week and you can have time to do other stuff. You just have to be methodical and driven about time and not messing around. I wish you rolls of franklins and walking liberties. :-)

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Qwik check in, I got home with the 4 boxes about an hour ago, I have searched and rerolled 2 allready, 1 had a Magicians coin and a 78 proof, the other was a skunk. Going to do the other 2 now.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, did the last 2 boxes, 1 skunk and the other gave up 2 40's.

Miles driven were 18 to pick up and go back home.
2 hours of searching and rerolling.

Barely ahead of the game so far, more dead even really. Tomorrow will be 4 branches to dump and 1 bank to pick up the next 4 boxes, uuhhgg. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN6130.JPG
    DSCN6130.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 165
  • DSCN6131.JPG
    DSCN6131.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCN6132.JPG
    DSCN6132.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCN6135.JPG
    DSCN6135.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 195

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a HUGE penny lol. I got a keyring today in one of my rolls, smart little buggers, it fit perfectly width and circumference lol. First random object find for me in rolls. I hope your last 4 boxes are killers Mav, especially with the nice pictures you take =) Will trade you my Keyring for your penny hahahah

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Mav... good luck man....! :headbang:

(Yes... Rushfan lives... even if not CRH'ing for now... lol)

Ladies and Gentlemen, I presnt to you RUSH! Man nice to see ya post!

Last edited:
OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Back home with the next 4 boxes, opened them up, I see nothing special so I'm not expecting anything. I ahve to go service a couple of my accounts now so I'll update later, I only got to dump 4 of the 8 boxes today, I'll dump everything tomorrow to get ready for Fridays 14 box hunt.

Miles driven today = 54, HH, Maverick.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck buddy and keep your hopes up.. Just because there isn't an ender doesn't mean the box doesn't have any keepers in it.. Remember that 1 box I had a few months ago that gave me 50-40%s and it didn't even have 1 ender in it? Keep pushing through them...

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Luck Mav. I have gotten back to a box a week (with one box of pennies too) but I think I'm about to give up on the hobby. I'll just don't find much. I'm going to go back to occasional pennies and nickels just to givem e something to do during TV time, but that' about it. I don't have the resources/time to do what some of the high volume guys do (to me, more than 4 boxes a week is high volume... ) Again, good luck. Looking forward to seeing your results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread