Putting a higher volume to the test this week.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, well, I went crazy ( for me anyways) and ordered 28 boxes of halves this week to search, first 8 come in tomorrow, 4 more Wed, 2 more Thursday, and 14 on Friday! If everything gets ordered and sent, this will be my biggest search ever, and most likely my last big search, this will consume a lot of time, miles and gas which I could never do everyweek. So, I will post on this thread through the week to show what I find and how many skunks I get, I'm not very optimistic about it, I think it will be more of a thread about my skunks than anything else, we'll see. If the newer people or those that think CRHing will make you rich, I will most likely show you that it won't, and that I spent more time and gas than it was worth, but this a hobby for me ( not this week, it's work) and the thrill of the hunt that keeps me going, not thinking I'm going to make money right now. I will probably not post a bunch of pics as it will be just too time consuming, but I will keep you updated with as much info as I can. Wish me luck guys! HH, Maverick.

Upvote 0

Half Hunter

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF it makes you feel any better, your week is better then mine so far. Im through 12 of 24 boxes, and only (7) 40% all brinks. Got 12 boxes tommorrow, 6 garda, 6 brinks, not expecting much, cancelling 2 more gardas for the following the week, they used to be great, but the kast 6-7 monthes they have absolutely sucked.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My five boxes of halves so far this week were all skunks. Got a box of dimes on a whim and got two silver roosies. Good old reliable dimes!
Good luck with your remaining boxes tomorrow. My last four of the week come in on Saturday morning, about 200 miles away from where I picked up these boxes. Hopefully that means something!

Mtldealer

May 8, 2012
District 12, SouthWest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF it makes you feel any better, your week is better then mine so far. Im through 12 of 24 boxes, and only (7) 40% all brinks. Got 12 boxes tommorrow, 6 garda, 6 brinks, not expecting much, cancelling 2 more gardas for the following the week, they used to be great, but the kast 6-7 monthes they have absolutely sucked.

What part of the country do you hail from Mr. Hunter?

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

Hey HH, I did order from a bank (Loomis serviced I believe, thought it was Garda a few times) that has delivered repacks the last 7 times I have tried them, I am going to give them 2 more chances, tomorrow being 1 and the secomd will be when she orders me bags, she said she could also have bags of loose halves delivered and I have never tried them before. I think I'm going to try it next week if these boxes come in repacks again tomorrow. I loved this bank because she'll order me what ever amount I want 8-10 boxes, no problem, the first 2 times I got fresh boxes, after that it went down hill. I'm hopeful for tomorrow. HH,Maverick.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey mav, my volume test isnt turning as well either... Out of 12 boxes so far, 11 were skunked, pulled in 2 bens and 2 40%'ers...

Still have atleast 2 boxes, but it should be upto 8 more for tommorow.

Next weeks orders are at 30 boxes as of right now, I might try to add on to it... guess we will see... I really wanna test out this new bank, I got 6 boxes ordered for next week, thinking 10 might be a nice round number to test out... I got 7 rolls of halves from the branch I signed up at, got 5 brinks MWR rolls, and 2 plain brown rolls, nothing produced though... those brown rolls are what I love to see being handed to me though... Found 4 or 5 of them as solid rolls.

I also found a new branch dump bank, thats real close to one of my new pickups.

HH
peace

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey mav, my volume test isnt turning as well either... Out of 12 boxes so far, 11 were skunked, pulled in 2 bens and 2 40%'ers...

Still have atleast 2 boxes, but it should be upto 8 more for tommorow.

Next weeks orders are at 30 boxes as of right now, I might try to add on to it... guess we will see... I really wanna test out this new bank, I got 6 boxes ordered for next week, thinking 10 might be a nice round number to test out... I got 7 rolls of halves from the branch I signed up at, got 5 brinks MWR rolls, and 2 plain brown rolls, nothing produced though... those brown rolls are what I love to see being handed to me though... Found 4 or 5 of them as solid rolls.

I also found a new branch dump bank, thats real close to one of my new pickups.

HH
peace

Ya, I'm hoping for something tomorrow from my 10 boxes, I'm not too optimistic though.

I think the key would to be able to get about 10 boxes in 1 shot from 1 bank, I have 1 branch that gets me 6 each week, 4 tuesday and 2 thursday, when they combined the orders last week and sent out all 6 at once, I found those 3 boxes that were good, def better odds the more you can get ordered at once from one branch instead of picking up from 3 branches 2-4 boxes at a time, it's just to hard to ask a branch to get you a 10 box order, unless you just do it once in a while.

I have found a few more dump banks recently too, allways nice to find more of those! lol. HH, Maverick.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am limited on my bank roll... work a crappy corporate slave job, paycheck to paycheck, tryin to stack some savings away in silver...

I would love to get 6 boxes at 1 shot, would save a bunch of time for sure, although maybe if I had that much money, I would be doing alot more anyways hahah

Half Hunter

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of the country do you hail from Mr. Hunter?

Im in Ohio.

I saw the repack pictures, that sucks for sure. I would try the bags, should be good or bad I would imagine.Get a good one all to yourself instead of it getting mixed into the hopper and put out through several boxes. I got a brinks repack maybe 2-3 weeks ago, only time ever for me, and it was a mix of MWR iv never seen rerolled on the edge with account numbers on them, then maybe 10-15 cwr rolls marked on the side with no account number, just a black dot,and 5 unopened mwr rolls like the ones rerolled, they skunked of course.
Good luck with the boxes today. I think i am going to roll with 22 a week for a while, its a good number for me, I only really go out of my way for one set of 2 boxes.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well. banks open in 10 min. Should I be excited, I don't feel very excited at all, first 14 boxes this week have left me disappointed for sure, 11 were skunks out of the 14 and I'm at 1 90% and 9 40%'s, horrible results so far, just because I found some, doesn't mean it was worth it. So far I'm in the hole just in gas, that doesn't even include all of the hours I have spent this week running around picking up searching and dumping. I am not complaining, I am trying to show some of the newer folks and people that are thinking of starting this because they saw Youtube vid or otherwise that it isn't all Rainbows and Rosie's, it is not as easy as you as you think it is, your not going to just get home with boxes and start pulling out Silver coins, just doesn't happen that way.

Total miles driven so far ( if I have kept track right) 267 miles so far, at 15 miles a gallon and $4.00 a gallon that's $66.00 in gas alone! My 1 90 and 9 40's are what, $46.00 worth, hhhmmmm, $66.00 in gas ( not including all the hours spent) yeilds $46.00 in Silver so far, worth it? You decide for your self.

Allright guys, I'll check back with the last 10 boxes and some pics of them when I get home. Good luck to everyone hunting today! Maverick.

323GTX

Jan 15, 2013
Columbus, OH & Beijing, PRC
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mav--
Good luck with your remaining boxes this week. This week has been dismal in my neck of the woods as well-- I've had 14 consecutive boxes that were completely uncontaminated with silver. Did score one very mildly off-center / misaligned strike, but that's it.

Im in Ohio.

Hunter-- just wondering what part of Ohio you're from-- north or south of I-70 / east or west of I-71? I'm in Columbus (Clintonville / OSU campus area).

Go Bucks! :hello2:

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, back home. My 14 box day has dwindled down to these 6 now. I got to the "repack king bank" that I decided to order from again ( this is the one with the really cool vault teller) and she said that she was sorry, that they had just left and told her that Garda said they didn't have enough halves to fill my order:icon_scratch:, never heard that before, she thinks it is a good sign because that would mean they would have to get fresh coin boxes to give me ( she knows what I do and felt bad about the last 7 times of repacks) so I hope she is right! so they will be in next week along with the other banks order that never came this week, so next week is looking pretty heavy for me now and I wasn't expecting that.

OK, I see nothing special showing in these boxes either, going to search them now and get back with ya! Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN6156.JPG
    DSCN6156.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 98

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with the last six Mav!

So, would you do this again?

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
2 down, NOTHING! On to the next ones, uuhhhgg!

Attachments

• DSCN6157.JPG
    DSCN6157.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 89
OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck with the last six Mav!

So, would you do this again?

Thanks CC. UH, no, I'm not doing this again, allthough now I have 8 extra boxes coming in next week now that didn't show up this week, but daily updates and pics, no, this was just to show a week in the life of kinda thing, all this week has seemed to do with more boxes is increase my skunk boxes, lol.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
boxes 3 and 4, 1 40% and 1 foreign, I don't even feel like opening the last 2 boxes up! Going to get my son from school now, I'll finish the last 2 when I get home.

Attachments

• DSCN6158.JPG
    DSCN6158.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCN6159.JPG
    DSCN6159.JPG
    237 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN6160.JPG
    DSCN6160.JPG
    225 KB · Views: 95

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What year is the Ecuadorian half? They use the US dollar as currency since the year 2000.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• DSCN6162.JPG
    DSCN6162.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN6163.JPG
    DSCN6163.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, box 5 is done, big ole goose egg:BangHead:! Here goes the last one.

Attachments

• DSCN6161.JPG
    DSCN6161.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 89

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread