🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Quartz-like rock with embedded mineral?

ncuke

May 24, 2013
Hi Everyone,

Found this rock today central NC in a creekbed. I don’t actually think it’s quartz because it looks to be softer and almost iridescent - lots of angular grain - tried to capture in the one photo where I used the flash. The gray lines that are sticking out are very hard/sharp. Some sort of vein? Thoughts? Thank you!!!

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    647.2 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    854 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
I do believe you have found a piece of mica
Look it up. I found several pieces more to the east in Morth Carolina. NC is a great gem state.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
I do believe you have found a piece of mica
Look it up. I found several pieces more to the east in Morth Catolina. NC is a great gem state.

Thanks for sharing.
Morth Catolina? Is English your second or third language? Just wondering at all your typographical errors in the butchering of North Carolina.

Upvote 0
Do you think the veins in it are mica or the main body is mica with something else as the vein? I thought for a second maybe flourite with mica veins

I think you pretty much already had it sorted. Good job and I agree with your analysis for what it is worth. You have a plethora of places to collect in your great state. Thanks again for sharing.

Upvote 1
Try counting to 10 before posting.Like I said before,that was a valid question. No need to fly off and start trolling and insulting people for no reason.
It was an innocent question. My wife is am immigrant and she writes in a similar fashion as that poster. I was trying to be friendly, and was in turn attacked and trolled. This world has gone crazy.

Upvote 2
Morth Catolina? Is English your second or third language? Just wondering at all your typographical errors in the butchering of North Carolina.
Lue_Hawn, please post by our rules, do not insult members.

Last edited:
Upvote 2
I was thinking it could be gypsum.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back