Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
The default configuration on the forum seems to be that all the text comes first followed by all the pics at the end. However, I've seen some posters inserting text between pics but not sure how to do that. I'm sure it's easy, but can anyone give me some help with that? I think that's a much better way to present your post in most cases, and I'd like to do that starting this fall when I get back out in the fields. Thanks for any help .....

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
If you want to insert a pictures within your text - you have to have it stored someplace. In otherwords - when you "attach" a picture (upload it from your PC to the forum) - it goes to the bottom. If you have a picture on another server - you can use the IMG commands to post it within your message. Does that make sense?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
If you want to insert a pictures within your text - you have to have it stored someplace. In otherwords - when you "attach" a picture (upload it from your PC to the forum) - it goes to the bottom. If you have a picture on another server - you can use the IMG commands to post it within your message. Does that make sense?

Photo bucket......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy... So type your text like : "Today I found the following coin shown in the pic" Then you add the picture which when downloaded will show up something like "[AT.TACHCONFIG847149/ATTACH]" until you post it. If you want to move the pic to a different place in the text like before or after a sentence just copy and paste the "[AT.TACHCONFIG847149/ATTACH]" to where ever you want it, and so on. You can then add another pic to where you want it the same way. For example: "And here is the reverse of the coin. [ATTACHCONFIG847149/ATTACH]"

So it would look like this before you make your post:

Today I found the following coin shown in the pic [AT.TACHCONFIG847149/ATTACH]
And here is the reverse of the coin. [AT.TACHCONFIG847149/ATTACH]

This is what it will look like after you actually post it:

Today I found the following coin shown in the pic barb.jpg
And here is the reverse of the coin barbreverse.jpg

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "insert image" icon is several icons to the right of the smiley face icon when you are posting or responding to a post. If your pictures are already saved to your computer all you have to do is type text until you are ready to "insert" your picture wherever you want to insert it...then click that "insert image" icon and after the box comes up click on "choose file" and then select a picture that is stored on your computer and click "upload file" and the picture will be inserted right there..... then you can continue to type text and the text will be after that picture... do this throughout your post and your pics will show up where you want them to. Judging by the responses above there seem to be several ways to do this. This is the box that comes up when you want to post a pic in the middle of your post.
001.JPG

Last edited:

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OR :
Today I found the following coin shown in the pic
barb.jpg

And here is the reverse of the coin.
barbreverse.jpg

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Dang - you learn something everyday! I didn't know you could do it (position a image) anyplace you wanted even if it was on your computer. I always thought you could only insert a picture in your text if it was on another server. OK - Here is a test...
baby_newspaper.gif
And the beat goes on!

Wow - thanks Sovereignelite and Evolution...

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
The "insert image" icon is several icons to the right of the smiley face icon when you are posting or responding to a post. If your pictures are already saved to your computer all you have to do is type text until you are ready to "insert" your picture wherever you want to insert it...then click that "insert image" icon and after the box comes up click on "choose file" and then select a picture that is stored on your computer and click "upload file" and the picture will be inserted right there..... then you can continue to type text and the text will be after that picture... do this throughout your post and your pics will show up where you want them to. Judging by the responses above there seem to be several ways to do this. This is the box that comes up when you want to post a pic in the middle of your post.
View attachment 847156

Thanks to all that replied, but I believe Evolution's method is the easiest and still allows you to upload pics directly to T'Net as I was doing already. I'll definitely be giving it a try in the fall when I finally get back out and have some decent colonial stuff to post.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to see them Bill, I am sure you will amaze us again.
ZDD

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think y0u are right.
Thanks to all that replied, but I believe Evolution's method is the easiest and still allows you to upload pics directly to T'Net as I was doing already. I'll definitely be giving it a try in the fall when I finally get back out and have some decent colonial stuff to post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread